RemedySpot.com

Re: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

THANK YOU ALENA.thanks for your effort to clarify this issue.HATS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thanks & Regards,Padma From: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012, 16:21 Subject: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

Dear Alena Thank you for your email Whilst we have no problems with candidates joining online support groups, sharing their experiences and forming study groups, the publication of

questions or scenario’s that have been used in any part of the ORE exam is a breach of the exam rules.

This is a matter we take very seriously as the question’s used in the ORE exams remain the property of the General Dental Council. Any such breaches of these rules will be investigated and action will be taken against individuals involved. I hope this clarifies the situation Kind Regards Mrs Emete CrowleyExaminations OfficerGeneral Dental CouncilTel: 00 44 (0)207 009 2780F: + 44 (0)207 009 2748Email: ecrowleygdc-uk (DOT) orgWeb: www.gdc-uk.org GDC | Protecting patients, regulating the dental team Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

Folks,I agree with them that its their intellectual property but i beg to differ on the issue because the types of questions we discuss do not bear any copyright marks linking them to the GDC. How about if the LDS people take passages from the pink book and set questions that are similar to the ones set by the GDC, are they going to sue them for a breach of their intellectual property rights.I guess as a human being i have a right to use the available books and the alphabets we all learned from primary school to design questiona and discuss them with my colleagues so far as it does not bear any copyright information linking it to another persons's publication or writings.when you come to science 'red will always be red

and an incisor will always be an incisor' so until they are able to prove that we are reproducing their examination questions verbatim for a particular paper they have no case.actually we can also formulate our questions from the pink book, NICE website and the blue book as a group and should we see any of the questions appearing in an ORE exam sue the GDC for breach of intellectual property. I rest my case, yours humblyJOJO From: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012, 16:21 Subject: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

Dear Alena Thank you for your email Whilst we have no problems with candidates joining online support groups, sharing their experiences and forming study groups, the publication of

questions or scenario’s that have been used in any part of the ORE exam is a breach of the exam rules.

This is a matter we take very seriously as the question’s used in the ORE exams remain the property of the General Dental Council. Any such breaches of these rules will be investigated and action will be taken against individuals involved. I hope this clarifies the situation Kind Regards Mrs Emete CrowleyExaminations OfficerGeneral Dental CouncilTel: 00 44 (0)207 009 2780F: + 44 (0)207 009 2748Email: ecrowleygdc-uk (DOT) orgWeb: www.gdc-uk.org GDC | Protecting patients, regulating the dental team Kind regardsAlenaOzieva

Guest guest

I think GDC is right to some extent. If you do publish a book with your own questions and GDC uses them in their papers then it does cause a breach. And you would probably take legal action.I think we should try not to let our emotions take the better of us. If rules have been set up and they are saying its their intellectual property then we should try to understand their side and do as they are saying.regards From: jojo cobbinah <jojocobbinah@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012, 20:44 Subject: Re: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

Folks,I agree with them that its their intellectual property but i beg to differ on the issue because the types of questions we discuss do not bear any copyright marks linking them to the GDC. How about if the LDS people take passages from the pink book and set questions that are similar to the ones set by the GDC, are they going to sue them for a breach of their intellectual property rights.I guess as a human being i have a right to use the available books and the alphabets we all learned from primary school to design questiona and discuss them with my colleagues so far as it does not bear any copyright information linking it to another persons's publication or writings.when you come to science 'red will always be

red

and an incisor will always be an incisor' so until they are able to prove that we are reproducing their examination questions verbatim for a particular paper they have no case.actually we can also formulate our questions from the pink book, NICE website and the blue book as a group and should we see any of the questions appearing in an ORE exam sue the GDC for breach of intellectual property. I rest my case, yours humblyJOJO From: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012, 16:21 Subject: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

Guest guest

Hi everybody,First of all thank you Alena for the effort.However,I wanted to know after all this are we allowed to share questions and try to answer them in this group?.Or no?!.The letter mentions publication... we are not publishing ofcurse!.After all who can remember 200 Qs of an 3 hour exam precisely????.Questions plus the answers which u can choose,impossible!.And from all these books we are studying!.We are just selecting topics which we kind of remember from the exam and discussing them... those topics could be repeated in the next exams or not...You never know.They are giving questions from every where and ofcurse like any other exam try to question the impotant topics...and we on the other hand are studying.... for sure we have to

go for important topics aswell!.That is obvious.Breach is when u copy the exact questions with the format.... I don't think any memory of human kind is able to that in a 3 hour exam!!!!.If we had the questions in a way that we didn't study so hard it would be an issue, but by all these topics we are studying day and night!!!!.How could this affect anybody?!!.Regards,Neda From: Nana Patekar <teen15_pk@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012, 17:15 Subject: Re: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

I think GDC is right to some extent. If you do publish a book with your own questions and GDC uses them in their papers then it does cause a breach. And you would probably take legal action.I think we should try not to let our emotions take the better of us. If rules have been set up and they are saying its their intellectual property then we should try to understand their side and do as they are saying.regards From: jojo cobbinah <jojocobbinah@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012, 20:44 Subject: Re: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

Folks,I agree with them that its their intellectual property but i beg to differ on the issue because the types of questions we discuss do not bear any copyright marks linking them to the GDC. How about if the LDS people take passages from the pink book and set questions that are similar to the ones set by the GDC, are they going to sue them for a breach of their intellectual property rights.I guess as a human being i have a right to use the available books and the alphabets we all learned from primary school to design questiona and discuss them with my colleagues so far as it does not bear any copyright information linking it to another persons's publication or writings.when you

come to science 'red will always be

red

and an incisor will always be an incisor' so until they are able to prove that we are reproducing their examination questions verbatim for a particular paper they have no case.actually we can also formulate our questions from the pink book, NICE website and the blue book as a group and should we see any of the questions appearing in an ORE exam sue the GDC for breach of intellectual property. I rest my case, yours humblyJOJO From: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> " "

< > Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012, 16:21 Subject: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

Guest guest

Please just dont mention feedback and exam question...make me paranoid....((It is said that they dont have any probs with supporting groups,we can disscuss everything bcoz exact(as you said)question nobody remember...and all options as well.Thus we still can do that.Another thing when you comeback from exam and say guys this is qs what were in the exam...this is different story..they would not like that...but topics what were in exam should be perfectly fine.How many of diseases in dentistry...not many..pain,mucosal d,perio...thus you can disscuss all of these From: Neda Rafiei <nedarafiei11@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, 11 July 2012, 10:28 Subject: Re: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

Hi everybody,First of all thank you Alena for the effort.However,I wanted to know after all this are we allowed to share questions and try to answer them in this group?.Or no?!.The letter mentions publication... we are not publishing ofcurse!.After all who can remember 200 Qs of an 3 hour exam precisely????.Questions plus the answers which u can choose,impossible!.And from all these books we are studying!.We are just selecting topics which we kind of remember from the exam and discussing them... those topics could be repeated in the next exams or not...You never know.They are giving questions from every where and ofcurse like any other exam try to question the impotant topics...and we on the other hand are studying.... for sure we have to

go for important topics aswell!.That is obvious.Breach is when u copy the exact questions with the format.... I don't think any memory of human kind is able to that in a 3 hour exam!!!!.If we had the questions in a way that we didn't study so hard it would be an issue, but by all these topics we are studying day and night!!!!.How could this affect anybody?!!.Regards,Neda From: Nana Patekar <teen15_pk@...> " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012, 17:15 Subject: Re: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter

Folks,I agree with them that its their intellectual property but i beg to differ on the issue because the types of questions we discuss do not bear any copyright marks linking them to the GDC. How about if the LDS people take passages from the pink book and set questions that are similar to the ones set by the GDC, are they going to sue them for a breach of their intellectual property rights.I guess as a human being i have a right to use the available books and the alphabets we all learned from primary school to design questiona and discuss them with my colleagues so far as it does not bear any copyright information linking it to another persons's publication or writings.when you

come to science 'red will always be

red

and an incisor will always be an incisor' so until they are able to prove that we are reproducing their examination questions verbatim for a particular paper they have no case.actually we can also formulate our questions from the pink book, NICE website and the blue book as a group and should we see any of the questions appearing in an ORE exam sue the GDC for breach of intellectual property. I rest my case, yours humblyJOJO From: Alena Ozieva <alenaozieva@...> " "

< > Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012, 16:21 Subject: Updates in -Reply from GDC to my letter