RemedySpot.com

Monday workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Donna, I am glad that you are going to your mammogram. I hate them too (I am short so I have to stand on my toes!) but they are so important!

Your workout sounds great. I really miss Charlene on It Figures when she had that show on Lifetime (I think everyone knows how much I don't like Austin). I should go on eBay and see what workouts I can find!

Kathy

-------------- Original message -------------- Hi!Got a really late start today -- something was going bonkers with our humidifier that woke me up at 3 -- then I couldn't get back to sleep until it was almost time to get up anyway. UGH! I hate that. On a semi-positive note the child CPR class that I was going to take tonight (and was sort of dreading b/c it was going to keep me out way past my bedtime) was cancelled. I really do want to take the class though, so I re-scheduled for March. I'm sure I'll still hate being up past my bedtime...but it is for a good cause. Now if only the mammogram I have scheduled for Wed could be put off! (It is just a routine one to get a "baseline" since I'm "at that age" but I'm just DREADING it in the worst way -- and I also have bloodwork to do (ugh) from my last doctor's appointment which I have put off way too long...)Anyway, sorry to ramble!Here was my workout -Charlene Prickett's Crazy for Step. I did it on a 6 inch step as I had done previously when I last did this workout (which was early summer/late spring, I think!) and I actually found it very doable and not too difficult. Previously, I found it to be really tough -- now I'm thinking next time around I'm going to use an 8 inch step. I guess my fitness level has increased! YAY! It must have been that insanity I suffered from a few months ago when I did IMAX and MIC in the same week. All in all I do like this workout, the choreography isn't too difficult, just enough to keep it interesting and the length is great if you want a long cardio workout (I'm thinking the cardio section is probably around an hour). The downsides are the white background (ugh!) and the music (not so great and not very loud). Charlene has two friends with her (I truly think they are her friends!!) one () is 59 and the other (Val) 38, Charlene herself was 57 at the time this workout was filmed and she is amazing - does the whole workout on a 10 inch step. I'm thinking I can go up to 8, but I don't think I'll be going up to 10!! You just get a sense of Charlene being a nice down to earth person who invites her friends over to do step aerobics on her back deck (she talks about this in the workout and I can truly believe it!)Afterwards I did Abs Yoga w/ Rodney Yee. I figured I'd kill too birds with one stone since I was running late and the cardio workout was over an hour. I also found this one to be much more "doable" for me than it had been in the past - so my abs must have gotten stronger, too! YAY!Anyway, have a great day!Donna

At 11:10 AM 1/10/2005, Donna M-P wrote:

>then I couldn't get back to sleep until

>it was almost time to get up anyway. UGH! I hate that.

oh no! i hate that too!

> Now if only the mammogram I have scheduled for Wed could be put off!

> (It is just a routine one to get a " baseline " since I'm " at that age " but

>I'm just DREADING it in the worst way

im glad that it is just a routine one!

ive never had one so i cant offer any tips to get you through, but i hope

that it goes quickly and easily for you. so this is your first mammogram

then?

i will be 42 this year so im thinking that i should have had this done

already. and, my mom had lumps removed from her breast, so......

i do have an appt for a 'physical', including pap (but no blood work i

think) which i need to attend because i still havent had my period -- it

has been, like, 5 months! but the appt isnt until early april. i will

ask about having a mammogram at that time too.

*carolyn.

--

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.6.9 - Release Date: 1/06/2005

• 8 months later...

At 07:04 AM 9/20/2005, Hardin wrote:

>I will admit I haven't done a DVD since Haris strength training.

hey, that one would turn anyone off of dvds ;):)

:*carolyn.

--

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.11.0/103 - Release Date: 9/15/2005

• 4 weeks later...

45lb??

--- fitgrl222@... wrote:

> Hi,

> This morning I done GS BSB. I decided to use

> my bar bell for the

> reverse grip rows. I used 45lb, I liked the way

> that felt. I might try that again

> sometime as just a variation to the workout. This

> evening I'm going to try

> one of my new Baron Baptiste yoga workouts.

>

> Have a great day!!!

>

>

> ~~

>

http://pixelated24.blogspot.com

It does not matter how slowly you go,

as long as you do not stop.

Unknown

Start your day with - Make it your home page!

http://www./r/hs

• 1 month later...

aaaahhhh i hate mice too. we had them often this time of year in the country. we had to put the bread in the fridge and buy tupperware for flour,cookies, and bags of cereal. they are a pain. nasty little vermain they are. but at least it was not a rat!!! kassia fitgrl222@... wrote: Hi, This morning I done Kest Energize. This has to be my favorite yoga workout of all in my yoga collection. It's not easy, but not very difficult either, it's just right at perfect I worked up a small sweat and got a great stretch. I'm not doing Cathe's rotation this month, but I am doing SJP this evening. I wanted to save all my energy for this evening to do that one. I very rarely do all of that workout, I usually do parts of it. In fact, I've probably only done the entire thing straight through a couple of times. Anyway, I

thought my day was starting out pretty well until I was making my tea after my workout and opened the drawer in the kitchen and realized we had a new little friend.... A FREAKIN MOUSE!!! I didn't see it, thank God. If I would've I wouldn't be typing right now, I'd be on my kitchen floor. I am soooooooooooooo scared of those little varmints. I saw where a bag of cookies were opened and tiny little bites were taken off of it ewwwwwwwwwwww that just grossed me out. We have to get rid of that sucker and quick!!!!! OK, have a great day everyone!!! ~~

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Mice are CUTE! They are just smaller versions of

gerbils and squirrels is all. My cats are indoors but

somehow they caught a mouse in my appartment and BOY

was that a big deal!

It was sad taking the little fella to the dumpster

though.

Rest in peace, little buddy!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Great reviews, , thanks for taking the time to do such an excellent job! I like the 10 Minute series a lot, though I have yet to do this particular one. They *are* great when you are short on time or need to customize a workout! laura

nancydewolf wrote:

> then I finished with the Power

> Stretch from the 10 Minute Solutions DVD for a total of 75 minutes

> working out!

wow!! this is very good nancy!! way to go!!

Thanks !! I will definitely consider trying another one of their workouts sometime.

Hey, my Sansone Walk and Kick and You Can Do Pilates came in the mail today (that was quick, I'm still waiting for some I bought two weeks ago)!! I doubt I'll have enough time to try either one tomorrow but am will probably try one of them on Wednesday. Stay tuned!

Re: Monday workout

Great reviews, , thanks for taking the time to do such an excellent job! I like the 10 Minute series a lot, though I have yet to do this particular one. They *are* great when you are short on time or need to customize a workout!

laura

Thanks so much Carolyn!!! I'm having so much fun!!!

nancydewolf wrote:> then I finished with the Power > Stretch from the 10 Minute Solutions DVD for a total of 75 minutes > working out! wow!! this is very good nancy!! way to go!!:*carolyn.

Pink Pussycat wrote:

> Great reviews, , thanks for taking the time to do such an excellent

> job!

yes i really enjoyed reading all of the details... felt like i was

doing the workout right along with you :)

>I like the 10 Minute series a lot, though I have yet to do this

> particular one. They *are* great when you are short on time or need to

> customize a workout!

re: 10 minute solution target toning for beginners

i have this dvd too and like it. i agree that the 10 min segments

make great add-ons and have zero dread factor, so they serve well in

a collection. i like how you swapped segments in and out of your

workout, nancy!

at first, i was surprised that the whole '10 min' thing was becoming

so successful... i used to scoff at the thought of a 10 min workout,

but actually i have found them to be quite versatile. and there are

so many of them available now, with different instructors, to choose

from. i dont think that i would ever just do 10 mins and be done

though... although that has to be a good way to stay in the habit --

better than doing nothing.

I like to do the 10 mins before a workout

with no warmup or after a workout with no cool down. Or when I need a bit of a

pick me up I will do just 10 or 20 mins. I was thinking if I had more I could

put together a mix of them to do on a just for fun day, a bit of dance, some

kickboxing, Pilates and who knows what else LOL

Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007

3:53 AM

Subject: Re:

Monday workout

Pink Pussycat wrote:

> Great reviews, ,

thanks for taking the time to do such an excellent

> job!

yes i really enjoyed reading all of the details... felt like i was

doing the workout right along with you :)

>I like the 10 Minute series a lot, though I have yet to do this

> particular one. They *are* great when you are short on time or need to

> customize a workout!

re: 10 minute solution target toning for beginners

i have this dvd too and like it. i agree that the 10 min segments

make great add-ons and have zero dread factor, so they serve well in

a collection. i like how you swapped segments in and out of your

workout, nancy!

at first, i was surprised that the whole '10 min' thing was becoming

so successful... i used to scoff at the thought of a 10 min workout,

but actually i have found them to be quite versatile. and there are

so many of them available now, with different instructors, to choose

from. i dont think that i would ever just do 10 mins and be done

though... although that has to be a good way to stay in the habit --

better than doing nothing.

--

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.410 / Virus Database: 268.17.4/643 - Release Date: 1/21/2007

--

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.410 / Virus Database: 268.17.4/643 - Release Date: 1/21/2007

Awesome workout ! Good for modifying where you needed to with the weight. Doesn't it feel great when you know you've had a good workout. Thanks for the review on the workout.

You're doing great!

Kerry

wrote:

I did the arms and abs workouts from 10 Minute Solutions Toning for Beginners with Whitmarsh, then did Sansone WATP 3 Mile Express again (it feels so good and since I knew what to expect I could work even harder than I did before!) then I finished with the Power Stretch from the 10 Minute Solutions DVD for a total of 75 minutes working out! This was my first time trying the 10 Minute Solutions workouts and I think I liked them. They were so short though, the 10 minutes didn't seem like 10 minutes which is good I guess. Just not used to short workouts like that but I can see definitely squeezing in one or more workouts on days when I have a lot going on (so I could still have done something). If I work them hard enough I'm sure they'll be helpful. Tomorrow is likely to be one of those days so I might do the thighs and buns workouts (on 10 Minute Solutions). I might go heavier on the weights for arms next time, wasn't sure what to expect and the first exercise was too much with 5 lbs. so I switched to 3 lbs. for the rest but I think I could have done 5 on a lot of the others. In the 3 Mile Express has you use the stretchie for upper body toning too and I upped the resistance quite a lot on that to make up for what I didn't feel from 10 Minute Solutions! My arms and especially my shoulders are pleasantly sore right now so I will leave upper body alone tomorrow for sure. Overall, I feel GREAT! I worked myself hard, but not too hard and just feel awesome! I have to say too that I wasn't terribly thrilled with the Power Stretch on 10 Minute Solutions. The stretches are good but not held long enough (how long can you hold it in a 10 minute workout though, I know). She also has you inhale and exhale so much, because the stretches go so quickly, I thought I'd end up hyperventilating (and because they aren't held for long it isn't like you have much time to breathe into the stretch)! Also, there was a bit too much, "You can do it" nonsense from but not so much that I wanted to throw things at the TV. I have the Slim in 6 Cool It Off! stretching video recommended I try so I think I'll do that sometime this week too. Haven't done that yet. I also need to make up a plan for what I want to work on when, now that I'm getting some variety here. Still waiting for a few videos to come in (getting the mail is so exciting these days) too.

This is a rather disjointed workout summary/review on 10 Minute Solutions Toning for Beginners but I wanted to add that I do think this video is very good for beginners. I've done some weight training in a gym (with a personal trainer) before but was always forgetting how to do the moves and got tired of going after a trainer to show me so having a video like this is nice. I think she could have given a few more pointers for proper form (for safety and efficiency of the movements) though. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing but it is mostly based on my past gym experiences. A true never done this before beginner might need more information and I would have appreciated reminders. Overall though, I think it was very good and would just caution a beginner to watch how she is positioning herself and take it slow and copy it if she doesn't explain how she's holding her arms (on the arms workout anyway). The first time or two through I'd concentrate on getting the form down rather than getting in as many reps as she does.

Hope everyone else is getting good workouts in too!

Pink Pussycat wrote:> Great reviews, , thanks for taking the time to do such an excellent > job! yes i really enjoyed reading all of the details... felt like i was doing the workout right along with you :)

Thank you both!! (for some reason I don't think I got 's post, I seem to miss posts fairly often, not sure what's going on)re: 10 minute solution target toning for beginnersi have this dvd too and like it. i agree that the 10 min segments make great add-ons and have zero dread factor, so they serve well in a collection. i like how you swapped segments in and out of your workout, nancy!

Thanks! I agree, there is no dread factor becasue you know you're only going to do it for 10 minutes. i dont think that i would ever just do 10 mins and be done though... although that has to be a good way to stay in the habit -- better than doing nothing.

That's what I was thinking too before I did both the Thighs and Buns workouts today. Just 10 minutes of either of those is a lot of work for me! I'd like to get more of these workouts though, it is an easy way to mix things up a bit too since you can program the DVD. So if I want to do the whole DVD some time (which I'm sure I will), I could flip the workout order around each time I do it! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Kerry!!

Awesome workout ! Good for modifying where you needed to with the weight. Doesn't it feel great when you know you've had a good workout. Thanks for the review on the workout.

You're doing great!

Kerry

wrote:

I did the arms and abs workouts from 10 Minute Solutions Toning for Beginners with Whitmarsh, then did Sansone WATP 3 Mile Express again (it feels so good and since I knew what to expect I could work even harder than I did before!) then I finished with the Power Stretch from the 10 Minute Solutions DVD for a total of 75 minutes working out! This was my first time trying the 10 Minute Solutions workouts and I think I liked them. They were so short though, the 10 minutes didn't seem like 10 minutes which is good I guess. Just not used to short workouts like that but I can see definitely squeezing in one or more workouts on days when I have a lot going on (so I could still have done something). If I work them hard enough I'm sure they'll be helpful. Tomorrow is likely to be one of those days so I might do the thighs and buns workouts (on 10 Minute Solutions). I might go heavier on the weights for arms next time, wasn't sure what to expect and the first exercise was too much with 5 lbs. so I switched to 3 lbs. for the rest but I think I could have done 5 on a lot of the others. In the 3 Mile Express has you use the stretchie for upper body toning too and I upped the resistance quite a lot on that to make up for what I didn't feel from 10 Minute Solutions! My arms and especially my shoulders are pleasantly sore right now so I will leave upper body alone tomorrow for sure. Overall, I feel GREAT! I worked myself hard, but not too hard and just feel awesome! I have to say too that I wasn't terribly thrilled with the Power Stretch on 10 Minute Solutions. The stretches are good but not held long enough (how long can you hold it in a 10 minute workout though, I know). She also has you inhale and exhale so much, because the stretches go so quickly, I thought I'd end up hyperventilating (and because they aren't held for long it isn't like you have much time to breathe into the stretch)! Also, there was a bit too much, "You can do it" nonsense from but not so much that I wanted to throw things at the TV. I have the Slim in 6 Cool It Off! stretching video recommended I try so I think I'll do that sometime this week too. Haven't done that yet. I also need to make up a plan for what I want to work on when, now that I'm getting some variety here. Still waiting for a few videos to come in (getting the mail is so exciting these days) too.

This is a rather disjointed workout summary/review on 10 Minute Solutions Toning for Beginners but I wanted to add that I do think this video is very good for beginners. I've done some weight training in a gym (with a personal trainer) before but was always forgetting how to do the moves and got tired of going after a trainer to show me so having a video like this is nice. I think she could have given a few more pointers for proper form (for safety and efficiency of the movements) though. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing but it is mostly based on my past gym experiences. A true never done this before beginner might need more information and I would have appreciated reminders. Overall though, I think it was very good and would just caution a beginner to watch how she is positioning herself and take it slow and copy it if she doesn't explain how she's holding her arms (on the arms workout anyway). The first time or two through I'd concentrate on getting the form down rather than getting in as many reps as she does.

Hope everyone else is getting good workouts in too!

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

In a message dated 3/13/2007 10:22:45 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time, chromechairs@... writes:

Today was a housecleaning workout so not a video but still, 2 hours of constant movement, including 30 minutes of vacuuming so quite a bit of work

That can definitely be a workout alone. I took my little one to preschool and came home and washed 2 storm doors, swept the outside, vacuumed kitchen, dining room, bathroom, garage, and living room. Plus, I've done 2 loads of laundry AND walked my 2 beagles... all in 2 hours. So, I'm ready to relax, but can't. Getting ready to go back and pick up my little girl from preschool. It never ends when you're a mom :)))

*~**~*

*~**~*AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

thats a heck of a workout nancy! :) I'm doing weight watchers too! 6 workouts in one week u go girl!:)Krisnancydewolf <nancydewolf@...> wrote: Today was a housecleaning workout so not a video but still, 2 hours of constant movement, including 30 minutes of vacuuming so quite a bit of work. Weight Watchers gave me more activity points for 120 minutes of low intensity work than I get for moderate intensity on some of my shorter workout videos so I'm counting this as my 6th workout this week! :-) Tomorrow I weigh in and my week starts over.

I'm hoping to be a bit lighter than the cookie rampage of the last two weeks showed and I'm planning (okay, hoping since I don't have an actual plan yet) to get in at least 5 video (or outdoor walking if the weather allows) workouts next week. Will try Kathy 's walking matrix again, probably with the volume turned down a bit and definitely without my kids around for at least one of those workouts (and after I've practiced the mambo too, maybe she should have called this Mambo Around the Matrix). My artwork available on cute items

@http://www.cafepress.com/webgrl

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

Guest guest

I second that ! I am going to have to take off time from work to get some spring cleaning done. I have not had much time to clean lately and my house is showing it.

--Kathy Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius

-------------- Original message -------------- From: fitgrl222@...

In a message dated 3/13/2007 10:22:45 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time, chromechairs writes:

Today was a housecleaning workout so not a video but still, 2 hours of constant movement, including 30 minutes of vacuuming so quite a bit of work

That can definitely be a workout alone. I took my little one to preschool and came home and washed 2 storm doors, swept the outside, vacuumed kitchen, dining room, bathroom, garage, and living room. Plus, I've done 2 loads of laundry AND walked my 2 beagles... all in 2 hours. So, I'm ready to relax, but can't. Getting ready to go back and pick up my little girl from preschool. It never ends when you're a mom :)))

*~**~*

*~**~*

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

I just got to say that I have a beagle to...I love to take her for

walks! She doesn't pull like the lab does, but the lab is up for more

intervals- jogging etc and longer walks. I had to carry my beagle

home once last summer...The last mile... She started falling asleep

in my arms... Laugh.... It was only 2 miles round trip, but I think

maybe a full jog for the first mile was a little too much for her

little legs.

>

> I second that ! I am going to have to take off time from

work to get some spring cleaning done. I have not had much time to

clean lately and my house is showing it.

>

> --

> Kathy

>

> Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius.

> Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you?

> Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius

>

> -------------- Original message --------------

> From: fitgrl222@...

> In a message dated 3/13/2007 10:22:45 A.M. US Eastern Standard

Time, chromechairs@... writes:

> Today was a housecleaning workout so not a video but still, 2 hours

of constant movement, including 30 minutes of vacuuming so quite a

bit of work

>

>

>

> That can definitely be a workout alone. I took my little one to

preschool and came home and washed 2 storm doors, swept the outside,

vacuumed kitchen, dining room, bathroom, garage, and living room.

Plus, I've done 2 loads of laundry AND walked my 2 beagles... all in

2 hours. So, I'm ready to relax, but can't. Getting ready to go

back and pick up my little girl from preschool. It never ends when

you're a mom :)))

>

>

>

> *~**~*

>

> *~**~*

>

>

>

>

>

>

> AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's

free from AOL at AOL.com.

>

Guest guest

I added another half hour to it later in the day trying to find the source of a mystery stink in the refrigerator. Took everything out one shelf at a time, threw out anything questionable and washed down all the shelves and bins. (I think it was a can we use for collecting grease.) Not a workout I want to do every day but it worked then! :-)

Thanks Kris and good luck with your weight loss journey!!!

thats a heck of a workout nancy! :) I'm doing weight watchers too! 6 workouts in one week u go girl!:)Krisnancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

Today was a housecleaning workout so not a video but still, 2 hours of constant movement, including 30 minutes of vacuuming so quite a bit of work. Weight Watchers gave me more activity points for 120 minutes of low intensity work than I get for moderate intensity on some of my shorter workout videos so I'm counting this as my 6th workout this week! :-)

Tomorrow I weigh in and my week starts over. I'm hoping to be a bit lighter than the cookie rampage of the last two weeks showed and I'm planning (okay, hoping since I don't have an actual plan yet) to get in at least 5 video (or outdoor walking if the weather allows) workouts next week. Will try Kathy 's walking matrix again, probably with the volume turned down a bit and definitely without my kids around for at least one of those workouts (and after I've practiced the mambo too, maybe she should have called this Mambo Around the Matrix).

My artwork available on cute items @http://www.cafepress.com/webgrl

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

Guest guest

Wow!! That's a busy day! I know what ya mean about it never ending. For my birthday and Mother's Day my DH gives me a "day off" where he takes the day off from work and lets me do whatever I want all day while he takes care of the kids and meals. I still usually end up doing plenty of things with the kids because they keep finding me! :-) He's giving me an extra one soon too since we've been so busy lately and I was truly losing my mind last month. I'm better now but still glad to have another day to myself! :-)

In a message dated 3/13/2007 10:22:45 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time, chromechairs writes:

*~**~*

*~**~*

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

That is so cute!!!

I just got to say that I have a beagle to...I love to take her for walks! She doesn't pull like the lab does, but the lab is up for more intervals- jogging etc and longer walks. I had to carry my beagle home once last summer...The last mile... She started falling asleep in my arms... Laugh.... It was only 2 miles round trip, but I think maybe a full jog for the first mile was a little too much for her little legs.>> I second that ! I am going to have to take off time from work to get some spring cleaning done. I have not had much time to clean lately and my house is showing it.> > --> Kathy > > Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. > Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? > Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius> > -------------- Original message -------------- > From: fitgrl222@... > In a message dated 3/13/2007 10:22:45 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time, chromechairs@... writes:> Today was a housecleaning workout so not a video but still, 2 hours of constant movement, including 30 minutes of vacuuming so quite a bit of work> > > > That can definitely be a workout alone. I took my little one to preschool and came home and washed 2 storm doors, swept the outside, vacuumed kitchen, dining room, bathroom, garage, and living room. Plus, I've done 2 loads of laundry AND walked my 2 beagles... all in 2 hours. So, I'm ready to relax, but can't. Getting ready to go back and pick up my little girl from preschool. It never ends when you're a mom :)))> > > > *~**~* > > *~**~*> > > > > > > AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

hi nancy, great upper body workout. yep those are called back flyes to work shoulders and a little upper mid-back. its a tough workout and sometimes i use 3s and 5s myself. i remember when i had to use 2s or NO weights so to even try with 5s is a great achievement. you will slowly get stronger. that seems liek major surgery you had so the muscles need to build strength, don't think of yourself as wimpy. you are strong b/c you aren't letting it slow you down on the goal to gain upper body stregnth. my lower is stronger too,but that is from sports(soccer player-lots of running and lower body activity), and its not uncommon in women to have this anyway. don't give up on those upper body routines. kassia

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Guest guest

Hi Kassia,

Thanks so much for the note!! I'm just ignorant and in my ignorance go ahead and try things that if I'd known better I wouldn't have bothered with! :-) Sometimes though, ignorance is bliss... just plowing ahead and doing the workout with the 5s told me I am getting stronger, doing the back flys with the 5s told me not to get too confident either! :-) Your note tells me I'm doing even better than I thought I was! Thank you!

The 1st surgery was 3 years ago April 2 and the 2nd was not quite 2 1/2 years ago but I never did recover my full shoulder mobility and strength to pre-surgery levels until I started working out with everyone here. It feels so awesome to be able to do the things I can do now and to know I can keep getting stronger too. I definitely won't give up on the upper body, seems like most of the cardio workouts I do concentrate on lower body so I feel like I need to work upper body especially on my strength days to balance things out a bit!

Thanks again for the encouragement!

hi nancy, great upper body workout. yep those are called back flyes to work shoulders and a little upper mid-back. its a tough workout and sometimes i use 3s and 5s myself. i remember when i had to use 2s or NO weights so to even try with 5s is a great achievement. you will slowly get stronger. that seems liek major surgery you had so the muscles need to build strength, don't think of yourself as wimpy. you are strong b/c you aren't letting it slow you down on the goal to gain upper body stregnth. my lower is stronger too,but that is from sports(soccer player-lots of running and lower body activity), and its not uncommon in women to have this anyway. don't give up on those upper body routines.

kassia

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.