RemedySpot.com

Re: Interesting first time appointment with my new LLMD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

That was very good reporting Terry, so thanks for giving all of us the details. Your story sounds a lot like mine minus the Dercum's. I would not doubt it if my daughter also has Lyme, but we will never know because I am sure she will never get tested. Sad. She seems healthy now, but who knows in the future or if the grandkids had it passed to them. And her husband too. All of your info confirmed for me what I have been learning... there is such a steep learning curve on this. I hope your kids do get tested. It is better to know one way or the other.From: "mitesbegone" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Friday, May 4, 2012 8:11:00 PMSubject: Interesting first time appointment with my new LLMDSo yesterday afternoon I met with my LLMD. He kept me waiting for about a half an hour, but I didn't really mind as to me it indicated he liked to spend time with his patients. And for me, he spent well over an hour and a half.He typed out our conversation as we talked because he liked to have it down exactly as he heard it, but it was also so he could immediately print out the entire meeting and hand it over to me. He said that many people with Lyme disease or CFS or other such diseases have very poor memories and asking them to remember the meeting, or to have to take notes was too taxing for them. I guess right then, I immediately liked him. Although I had provided him with a 26 page questionnaire, he still had many many questions, such as when I felt I had first started to feel bad and where was I living, etc.I must admit that just the long drive there, about an hour and a half had me exhausted, but I thought I was doing okay. According to his notes though I was "very tired appearing NAD (no abnormality detected). Gets lost in thoughts as talking and can be confused." And here I thought I was being pretty articulate. But that comes as no surprise as I have had increasing difficulty. I found it interesting that he has also treated a Dercum's patient. There are so few of us that it was a pleasant surpise. So I didn't have to spend time explaining to him what Dercum's was. He immediately diagnosed me with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). No real surprise there I guess. He also wrote "Patient with many symptoms that could be Lyme also has risk of tick exposures in N. California, physical findings consistent with Lyme too. The cognitive impairment does not fully fit with Dercums nor does the tremors that she gets. (I don't think I have ever mentioned that issue). Need to get Lyme testing to see if have supportive Lab evidence. Get Igenex IGM and IGG western blot for Lyme. (There you go Aandraya!!). This test will find Lyme if you have it, only 85% of the time...based on clinical signs patient also likely has Bartonella."He diagnosed Bartonell based upon findings of: foot pain, tremors, cognitive impairment, cervical nodes that come and go and abdominal pain when pushing on stomach and day sweatsHe did not believe I had Babesia!! Thank goodness He discounted Babesia based upon: no regular night sweats, rare air hunger, has frontal headaches and no racing or skipping of the heart. I am including this as some background information for you all:He wrote: "In these illnesses, there are increased cytokines. This can lead to sleep disturbances and the cytokines interfere with the bodies hormonal systems too. She has symptoms of low adrenals and low thyroid too. (Figures) Because of the cytokines TSH thyroid levels are not indicative of true thyroid status. (Multiple TSH labs have always come back as normal). Finally she also has strong clinical evidence of yeast overgrowth in the intestines with a yeast screening score of 360. I find that treatment for levels of 140 or higher is very helpful (I apparently scored the highest of all his patients).So besides the lab test (on Monday, he said I must not do it on a Friday as the sample must be fresh) he is also starting me on:Ambien 10mg (nightly 30 min before bed). He says this is non addicting and out of your system by the morning.For Thyroid - start Levoxl 50ug 1 pill in am 30 min before anything elseFor the Adrenals - Ashwanganda (this is an herb) 500mg 2 pills in am and 2 pills between 1 and 2For yeast - HMF (an herb) 2 pills 1 time a day (probiotic)Nystatin 500,000IU 2 pills 2 times a day and in 1 week add Diflucan 200mg 1 pill daily for 30 days (Use nystatin to lower the yeast load to decrease die off reaction chances, then continue with the diflucan to prevent resistance of yeast to the diflucan)To limit yeast related herxheimer die off reaction and to lower cytokines...start Meriva (curcumin) 500mg 1 pill 3 times a day. This is an herb. He told me that he is pretty convinced I have Lyme and is positive I have Bartonella. He said, even if lab test came back as negative for Lyme, it would not change his mind. He said that given my other issues, he is very concerned about treating me with antibiotics as he believes I will have an immediate Herxheimer reaction. He said that he needs to get me stronger so that he can then treat the Lyme and Barts. I asked him if he would treat first one and then the other but he said no, he would treat both at the same time with two different antibiotics.I mentioned the anti-fungal that Aandraya told me to ask for, but he said the combination of the two anti-fungals he was giving me would work really well and he had great success with it.He believes I may have had Lyme while I was pregnant with my youngest son, in which case there is at least a 50% change he contracted Lyme from me. And now could have Barts. He had never heard of mites infesting humans with Bartonella, but neither did he discount it as a possibility. I am going to see about getting my kids tested through IGeneX as well. I hope this helps those who are trying to decide about whether or not to see an LLMD. I figured I could keep going back and forth between doctors who know very little or go straight to the horses mouth. This doctor had absolutely no hesitation in him. The amount of knowledge he shared about the complexity of the human body was amazing. Everytime he would say something, it would be like I was checking off boxes..."yes, that's right, I have that too"...This was a very worthwhile time...well spent...Good luck to one and all, Terry------------------------------------

Guest guest

Oh thank you . I am glad to hear that I was able to reaffirm your own,

undoubtedly painful, steps. As I have talked to you all now for a while, this

one phrase keeps coming to mind... " For all those who went before me, I salute

you "

Meaning of course, all your struggles with doubt and doctors and tests who

learned so much through such pain and ordeal, and have stayed to pass along all

that knowledge. If I have been able to provide you with some long overdue

acknowledgement of all you have suffered, then that makes my journey here

worthwhile.

I hope your daughter is truly safe and neither she nor your grandchildren will

ever suffer as you have. I believe my daughter will get tested as she is

pregnant and said she would if I had it. My son...well, I just dictate to him

LOL...he is young enough for me to do that.

Thanks and you stay strong!!! Terry

" In these illnesses, there are increased cytokines. This can lead to

sleep disturbances and the cytokines interfere with the bodies hormonal systems

too. She has symptoms of low adrenals and low thyroid too. (Figures) Because of

the cytokines TSH thyroid levels are not indicative of true thyroid status.

(Multiple TSH labs have always come back as normal). Finally she also has strong

clinical evidence of yeast overgrowth in the intestines with a yeast screening

score of 360. I find that treatment for levels of 140 or higher is very helpful

(I apparently scored the highest of all his patients).

>

> So besides the lab test (on Monday, he said I must not do it on a Friday as

the sample must be fresh) he is also starting me on:

>

> Ambien 10mg (nightly 30 min before bed). He says this is non addicting and out

of your system by the morning.

>

> For Thyroid - start Levoxl 50ug 1 pill in am 30 min before anything else

> For the Adrenals - Ashwanganda (this is an herb) 500mg 2 pills in am and 2

pills between 1 and 2

> For yeast - HMF (an herb) 2 pills 1 time a day (probiotic)

>

> Nystatin 500,000IU 2 pills 2 times a day and in 1 week add Diflucan 200mg 1

pill daily for 30 days (Use nystatin to lower the yeast load to decrease die off

reaction chances, then continue with the diflucan to prevent resistance of yeast

to the diflucan)

>

> To limit yeast related herxheimer die off reaction and to lower

cytokines...start Meriva (curcumin) 500mg 1 pill 3 times a day. This is an herb.

>

> He told me that he is pretty convinced I have Lyme and is positive I have

Bartonella. He said, even if lab test came back as negative for Lyme, it would

not change his mind. He said that given my other issues, he is very concerned

about treating me with antibiotics as he believes I will have an immediate

Herxheimer reaction. He said that he needs to get me stronger so that he can

then treat the Lyme and Barts. I asked him if he would treat first one and then

the other but he said no, he would treat both at the same time with two

different antibiotics.

>

> I mentioned the anti-fungal that Aandraya told me to ask for, but he said the

combination of the two anti-fungals he was giving me would work really well and

he had great success with it.

>

> He believes I may have had Lyme while I was pregnant with my youngest son, in

which case there is at least a 50% change he contracted Lyme from me. And now

could have Barts. He had never heard of mites infesting humans with Bartonella,

but neither did he discount it as a possibility. I am going to see about getting

my kids tested through IGeneX as well.

>

> I hope this helps those who are trying to decide about whether or not to see

an LLMD. I figured I could keep going back and forth between doctors who know

very little or go straight to the horses mouth.

>

> This doctor had absolutely no hesitation in him. The amount of knowledge he

shared about the complexity of the human body was amazing. Everytime he would

say something, it would be like I was checking off boxes... " yes, that's right, I

have that too " ...This was a very worthwhile time...well spent...

>

> Good luck to one and all, Terry

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Terry!From: "mitesbegone" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Friday, May 4, 2012 8:55:44 PMSubject: Re: Interesting first time appointment with my new LLMDOh thank you . I am glad to hear that I was able to reaffirm your own, undoubtedly painful, steps. As I have talked to you all now for a while, this one phrase keeps coming to mind..."For all those who went before me, I salute you"Meaning of course, all your struggles with doubt and doctors and tests who learned so much through such pain and ordeal, and have stayed to pass along all that knowledge. If I have been able to provide you with some long overdue acknowledgement of all you have suffered, then that makes my journey here worthwhile. I hope your daughter is truly safe and neither she nor your grandchildren will ever suffer as you have. I believe my daughter will get tested as she is pregnant and said she would if I had it. My son...well, I just dictate to him LOL...he is young enough for me to do that.Thanks and you stay strong!!! Terry "In these illnesses, there are increased cytokines. This can lead to sleep disturbances and the cytokines interfere with the bodies hormonal systems too. She has symptoms of low adrenals and low thyroid too. (Figures) Because of the cytokines TSH thyroid levels are not indicative of true thyroid status. (Multiple TSH labs have always come back as normal). Finally she also has strong clinical evidence of yeast overgrowth in the intestines with a yeast screening score of 360. I find that treatment for levels of 140 or higher is very helpful (I apparently scored the highest of all his patients). > > So besides the lab test (on Monday, he said I must not do it on a Friday as the sample must be fresh) he is also starting me on: > > Ambien 10mg (nightly 30 min before bed). He says this is non addicting and out of your system by the morning. > > For Thyroid - start Levoxl 50ug 1 pill in am 30 min before anything else > For the Adrenals - Ashwanganda (this is an herb) 500mg 2 pills in am and 2 pills between 1 and 2 > For yeast - HMF (an herb) 2 pills 1 time a day (probiotic) > > Nystatin 500,000IU 2 pills 2 times a day and in 1 week add Diflucan 200mg 1 pill daily for 30 days (Use nystatin to lower the yeast load to decrease die off reaction chances, then continue with the diflucan to prevent resistance of yeast to the diflucan) > > To limit yeast related herxheimer die off reaction and to lower cytokines...start Meriva (curcumin) 500mg 1 pill 3 times a day. This is an herb. > > He told me that he is pretty convinced I have Lyme and is positive I have Bartonella. He said, even if lab test came back as negative for Lyme, it would not change his mind. He said that given my other issues, he is very concerned about treating me with antibiotics as he believes I will have an immediate Herxheimer reaction. He said that he needs to get me stronger so that he can then treat the Lyme and Barts. I asked him if he would treat first one and then the other but he said no, he would treat both at the same time with two different antibiotics. > > I mentioned the anti-fungal that Aandraya told me to ask for, but he said the combination of the two anti-fungals he was giving me would work really well and he had great success with it. > > He believes I may have had Lyme while I was pregnant with my youngest son, in which case there is at least a 50% change he contracted Lyme from me. And now could have Barts. He had never heard of mites infesting humans with Bartonella, but neither did he discount it as a possibility. I am going to see about getting my kids tested through IGeneX as well. > > I hope this helps those who are trying to decide about whether or not to see an LLMD. I figured I could keep going back and forth between doctors who know very little or go straight to the horses mouth. > > This doctor had absolutely no hesitation in him. The amount of knowledge he shared about the complexity of the human body was amazing. Everytime he would say something, it would be like I was checking off boxes..."yes, that's right, I have that too"...This was a very worthwhile time...well spent... > > Good luck to one and all, Terry > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > >

Guest guest

Terry-So happy you got some help. The one thing I question is the lack of babesia symptoms, I did not have them either but when I started on treatment for it the symptoms came out, just something to be aware of because treatment will fail if babesia is present and not treated. Such a great feeling when you find a doctor who listens, is open minded, and has so much knowledge.AandrayaOn May 4, 2012, at 10:11 PM, mitesbegone <no_reply > wrote:

So yesterday afternoon I met with my LLMD. He kept me waiting for about a half an hour, but I didn't really mind as to me it indicated he liked to spend time with his patients. And for me, he spent well over an hour and a half.

He typed out our conversation as we talked because he liked to have it down exactly as he heard it, but it was also so he could immediately print out the entire meeting and hand it over to me. He said that many people with Lyme disease or CFS or other such diseases have very poor memories and asking them to remember the meeting, or to have to take notes was too taxing for them. I guess right then, I immediately liked him.

Although I had provided him with a 26 page questionnaire, he still had many many questions, such as when I felt I had first started to feel bad and where was I living, etc.

I must admit that just the long drive there, about an hour and a half had me exhausted, but I thought I was doing okay. According to his notes though I was "very tired appearing NAD (no abnormality detected). Gets lost in thoughts as talking and can be confused." And here I thought I was being pretty articulate. But that comes as no surprise as I have had increasing difficulty.

I found it interesting that he has also treated a Dercum's patient. There are so few of us that it was a pleasant surpise. So I didn't have to spend time explaining to him what Dercum's was.

He immediately diagnosed me with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). No real surprise there I guess. He also wrote "Patient with many symptoms that could be Lyme also has risk of tick exposures in N. California, physical findings consistent with Lyme too. The cognitive impairment does not fully fit with Dercums nor does the tremors that she gets. (I don't think I have ever mentioned that issue). Need to get Lyme testing to see if have supportive Lab evidence. Get Igenex IGM and IGG western blot for Lyme. (There you go Aandraya!!). This test will find Lyme if you have it, only 85% of the time...based on clinical signs patient also likely has Bartonella."

He diagnosed Bartonell based upon findings of: foot pain, tremors, cognitive impairment, cervical nodes that come and go and abdominal pain when pushing on stomach and day sweats

He did not believe I had Babesia!! Thank goodness

He discounted Babesia based upon: no regular night sweats, rare air hunger, has frontal headaches and no racing or skipping of the heart.

I am including this as some background information for you all:

He wrote: "In these illnesses, there are increased cytokines. This can lead to sleep disturbances and the cytokines interfere with the bodies hormonal systems too. She has symptoms of low adrenals and low thyroid too. (Figures) Because of the cytokines TSH thyroid levels are not indicative of true thyroid status. (Multiple TSH labs have always come back as normal). Finally she also has strong clinical evidence of yeast overgrowth in the intestines with a yeast screening score of 360. I find that treatment for levels of 140 or higher is very helpful (I apparently scored the highest of all his patients).

So besides the lab test (on Monday, he said I must not do it on a Friday as the sample must be fresh) he is also starting me on:

Ambien 10mg (nightly 30 min before bed). He says this is non addicting and out of your system by the morning.

For Thyroid - start Levoxl 50ug 1 pill in am 30 min before anything else

For the Adrenals - Ashwanganda (this is an herb) 500mg 2 pills in am and 2 pills between 1 and 2

For yeast - HMF (an herb) 2 pills 1 time a day (probiotic)

Nystatin 500,000IU 2 pills 2 times a day and in 1 week add Diflucan 200mg 1 pill daily for 30 days (Use nystatin to lower the yeast load to decrease die off reaction chances, then continue with the diflucan to prevent resistance of yeast to the diflucan)

To limit yeast related herxheimer die off reaction and to lower cytokines...start Meriva (curcumin) 500mg 1 pill 3 times a day. This is an herb.

He told me that he is pretty convinced I have Lyme and is positive I have Bartonella. He said, even if lab test came back as negative for Lyme, it would not change his mind. He said that given my other issues, he is very concerned about treating me with antibiotics as he believes I will have an immediate Herxheimer reaction. He said that he needs to get me stronger so that he can then treat the Lyme and Barts. I asked him if he would treat first one and then the other but he said no, he would treat both at the same time with two different antibiotics.

I mentioned the anti-fungal that Aandraya told me to ask for, but he said the combination of the two anti-fungals he was giving me would work really well and he had great success with it.

He believes I may have had Lyme while I was pregnant with my youngest son, in which case there is at least a 50% change he contracted Lyme from me. And now could have Barts. He had never heard of mites infesting humans with Bartonella, but neither did he discount it as a possibility. I am going to see about getting my kids tested through IGeneX as well.

I hope this helps those who are trying to decide about whether or not to see an LLMD. I figured I could keep going back and forth between doctors who know very little or go straight to the horses mouth.

This doctor had absolutely no hesitation in him. The amount of knowledge he shared about the complexity of the human body was amazing. Everytime he would say something, it would be like I was checking off boxes..."yes, that's right, I have that too"...This was a very worthwhile time...well spent...

Good luck to one and all, Terry

Guest guest

I agree , I wonder if my daughter has the Lyme bacteria. She is healthy now, but when she is back in the U.S. I plan to have her Igenix tested.AandrayaOn May 4, 2012, at 10:30 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

That was very good reporting Terry, so thanks for giving all of us the details. Your story sounds a lot like mine minus the Dercum's. I would not doubt it if my daughter also has Lyme, but we will never know because I am sure she will never get tested. Sad. She seems healthy now, but who knows in the future or if the grandkids had it passed to them. And her husband too. All of your info confirmed for me what I have been learning... there is such a steep learning curve on this. I hope your kids do get tested. It is better to know one way or the other.From: "mitesbegone" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Friday, May 4, 2012 8:11:00 PMSubject: Interesting first time appointment with my new LLMDSo yesterday afternoon I met

with my LLMD. He kept me waiting for about a half an hour, but I didn't really mind as to me it indicated he liked to spend time with his patients. And for me, he spent well over an hour and a half.He typed out our conversation as we talked because he liked to have it down exactly as he heard it, but it was also so he could immediately print out the entire meeting and hand it over to me. He said that many people with Lyme disease or CFS or other such diseases have very poor memories and asking them to remember the meeting, or to have to take notes was too taxing for them. I guess right then, I immediately liked him. Although I had provided him with a 26 page questionnaire, he still had many many questions, such as when I felt I had first started to feel bad and where was I living, etc.I must admit that just the long drive there, about an hour and a half had me exhausted, but I thought I was doing okay. According to his notes

though I was "very tired appearing NAD (no abnormality detected). Gets lost in thoughts as talking and can be confused." And here I thought I was being pretty articulate. But that comes as no surprise as I have had increasing difficulty. I found it interesting that he has also treated a Dercum's patient. There are so few of us that it was a pleasant surpise. So I didn't have to spend time explaining to him what Dercum's was. He immediately diagnosed me with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). No real surprise there I guess. He also wrote "Patient with many symptoms that could be Lyme also has risk of tick exposures in N. California, physical findings consistent with Lyme too. The cognitive impairment does not fully fit with Dercums nor does the tremors that she gets. (I don't think I have ever mentioned that issue). Need to get Lyme testing to see if have supportive Lab evidence. Get Igenex IGM and IGG western blot for Lyme.

(There you go Aandraya!!). This test will find Lyme if you have it, only 85% of the time...based on clinical signs patient also likely has Bartonella."He diagnosed Bartonell based upon findings of: foot pain, tremors, cognitive impairment, cervical nodes that come and go and abdominal pain when pushing on stomach and day sweatsHe did not believe I had Babesia!! Thank goodness He discounted Babesia based upon: no regular night sweats, rare air hunger, has frontal headaches and no racing or skipping of the heart. I am including this as some background information for you all:He wrote: "In these illnesses, there are increased cytokines. This can lead to sleep disturbances and the cytokines interfere with the bodies hormonal systems too. She has symptoms of low adrenals and low thyroid too. (Figures) Because of the cytokines TSH thyroid levels are not indicative of true thyroid status. (Multiple TSH labs have

always come back as normal). Finally she also has strong clinical evidence of yeast overgrowth in the intestines with a yeast screening score of 360. I find that treatment for levels of 140 or higher is very helpful (I apparently scored the highest of all his patients).So besides the lab test (on Monday, he said I must not do it on a Friday as the sample must be fresh) he is also starting me on:Ambien 10mg (nightly 30 min before bed). He says this is non addicting and out of your system by the morning.For Thyroid - start Levoxl 50ug 1 pill in am 30 min before anything elseFor the Adrenals - Ashwanganda (this is an herb) 500mg 2 pills in am and 2 pills between 1 and 2For yeast - HMF (an herb) 2 pills 1 time a day (probiotic)Nystatin 500,000IU 2 pills 2 times a day and in 1 week add Diflucan 200mg 1 pill daily for 30 days (Use nystatin to lower the yeast load to decrease die off reaction chances, then continue with the diflucan to

prevent resistance of yeast to the diflucan)To limit yeast related herxheimer die off reaction and to lower cytokines...start Meriva (curcumin) 500mg 1 pill 3 times a day. This is an herb. He told me that he is pretty convinced I have Lyme and is positive I have Bartonella. He said, even if lab test came back as negative for Lyme, it would not change his mind. He said that given my other issues, he is very concerned about treating me with antibiotics as he believes I will have an immediate Herxheimer reaction. He said that he needs to get me stronger so that he can then treat the Lyme and Barts. I asked him if he would treat first one and then the other but he said no, he would treat both at the same time with two different antibiotics.I mentioned the anti-fungal that Aandraya told me to ask for, but he said the combination of the two anti-fungals he was giving me would work really well and he had great success with it.He

believes I may have had Lyme while I was pregnant with my youngest son, in which case there is at least a 50% change he contracted Lyme from me. And now could have Barts. He had never heard of mites infesting humans with Bartonella, but neither did he discount it as a possibility. I am going to see about getting my kids tested through IGeneX as well. I hope this helps those who are trying to decide about whether or not to see an LLMD. I figured I could keep going back and forth between doctors who know very little or go straight to the horses mouth. This doctor had absolutely no hesitation in him. The amount of knowledge he shared about the complexity of the human body was amazing. Everytime he would say something, it would be like I was checking off boxes..."yes, that's right, I have that too"...This was a very worthwhile time...well spent...Good luck to one and all,

Terry------------------------------------

Guest guest

Yes, you are right. It was so refreshing. It almost felt too easy. Weird huh!

What should I do about Babesia? Right now I am not even taking any antibiotics,

just getting my strength back so I won't herx. And wouldn't you know it. My

insurance company just cancelled me so I had to pay for all of my new

prescriptions which came to about $150. And he wants me to do take a blood test

and without my insurance company that is going to be tough. I can't believe it.

Because they got my check on the the first of the month instead of the last day

of the month, they cancelled me. I guess I am going to have to try and figure

something else out.

Anyway, what symptoms should I be looking out for? Did they happen after you

started your antibiotics? What did you do?

Thanks for the heads up. Terry

" In these illnesses, there are increased cytokines. This

> > can lead to sleep disturbances and the cytokines interfere with the

> > bodies hormonal systems too. She has symptoms of low adrenals and

> > low thyroid too. (Figures) Because of the cytokines TSH thyroid

> > levels are not indicative of true thyroid status. (Multiple TSH labs

> > have always come back as normal). Finally she also has strong

> > clinical evidence of yeast overgrowth in the intestines with a yeast

> > screening score of 360. I find that treatment for levels of 140 or

> > higher is very helpful (I apparently scored the highest of all his

> > patients).

> >

> > So besides the lab test (on Monday, he said I must not do it on a

> > Friday as the sample must be fresh) he is also starting me on:

> >

> > Ambien 10mg (nightly 30 min before bed). He says this is non

> > addicting and out of your system by the morning.

> >

> > For Thyroid - start Levoxl 50ug 1 pill in am 30 min before anything

> > else

> > For the Adrenals - Ashwanganda (this is an herb) 500mg 2 pills in am

> > and 2 pills between 1 and 2

> > For yeast - HMF (an herb) 2 pills 1 time a day (probiotic)

> >

> > Nystatin 500,000IU 2 pills 2 times a day and in 1 week add Diflucan

> > 200mg 1 pill daily for 30 days (Use nystatin to lower the yeast load

> > to decrease die off reaction chances, then continue with the

> > diflucan to prevent resistance of yeast to the diflucan)

> >

> > To limit yeast related herxheimer die off reaction and to lower

> > cytokines...start Meriva (curcumin) 500mg 1 pill 3 times a day. This

> > is an herb.

> >

> > He told me that he is pretty convinced I have Lyme and is positive I

> > have Bartonella. He said, even if lab test came back as negative for

> > Lyme, it would not change his mind. He said that given my other

> > issues, he is very concerned about treating me with antibiotics as

> > he believes I will have an immediate Herxheimer reaction. He said

> > that he needs to get me stronger so that he can then treat the Lyme

> > and Barts. I asked him if he would treat first one and then the

> > other but he said no, he would treat both at the same time with two

> > different antibiotics.

> >

> > I mentioned the anti-fungal that Aandraya told me to ask for, but he

> > said the combination of the two anti-fungals he was giving me would

> > work really well and he had great success with it.

> >

> > He believes I may have had Lyme while I was pregnant with my

> > youngest son, in which case there is at least a 50% change he

> > contracted Lyme from me. And now could have Barts. He had never

> > heard of mites infesting humans with Bartonella, but neither did he

> > discount it as a possibility. I am going to see about getting my

> > kids tested through IGeneX as well.

> >

> > I hope this helps those who are trying to decide about whether or

> > not to see an LLMD. I figured I could keep going back and forth

> > between doctors who know very little or go straight to the horses

> > mouth.

> >

> > This doctor had absolutely no hesitation in him. The amount of

> > knowledge he shared about the complexity of the human body was

> > amazing. Everytime he would say something, it would be like I was

> > checking off boxes... " yes, that's right, I have that too " ...This was

> > a very worthwhile time...well spent...

> >

> > Good luck to one and all, Terry

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Fortunately I went with my daughter to her first OB checkup and told the doctor

that I was concerned about my daughter having Lyme disease. I told the doctor

that I wanted her tested and the blood sent to IGeneX for testing. She said

that she would check with the insurance company to see if it would be covered.

But regardless. I will pay for the test myself if need be. I don't know how

much IGenex charges, but I suspect it is at least a couple of hundred. Looks

like we each have daughters to worry about.

Terry

" In these illnesses, there are increased cytokines. This

> > can lead to sleep disturbances and the cytokines interfere with the

> > bodies hormonal systems too. She has symptoms of low adrenals and

> > low thyroid too. (Figures) Because of the cytokines TSH thyroid

> > levels are not indicative of true thyroid status. (Multiple TSH labs

> > have always come back as normal). Finally she also has strong

> > clinical evidence of yeast overgrowth in the intestines with a yeast

> > screening score of 360. I find that treatment for levels of 140 or

> > higher is very helpful (I apparently scored the highest of all his

> > patients).

> >

> > So besides the lab test (on Monday, he said I must not do it on a

> > Friday as the sample must be fresh) he is also starting me on:

> >

> > Ambien 10mg (nightly 30 min before bed). He says this is non

> > addicting and out of your system by the morning.

> >

> > For Thyroid - start Levoxl 50ug 1 pill in am 30 min before anything

> > else

> > For the Adrenals - Ashwanganda (this is an herb) 500mg 2 pills in am

> > and 2 pills between 1 and 2

> > For yeast - HMF (an herb) 2 pills 1 time a day (probiotic)

> >

> > Nystatin 500,000IU 2 pills 2 times a day and in 1 week add Diflucan

> > 200mg 1 pill daily for 30 days (Use nystatin to lower the yeast load

> > to decrease die off reaction chances, then continue with the

> > diflucan to prevent resistance of yeast to the diflucan)

> >

> > To limit yeast related herxheimer die off reaction and to lower

> > cytokines...start Meriva (curcumin) 500mg 1 pill 3 times a day. This

> > is an herb.

> >

> > He told me that he is pretty convinced I have Lyme and is positive I

> > have Bartonella. He said, even if lab test came back as negative

> > for Lyme, it would not change his mind. He said that given my other

> > issues, he is very concerned about treating me with antibiotics as

> > he believes I will have an immediate Herxheimer reaction. He said

> > that he needs to get me stronger so that he can then treat the Lyme

> > and Barts. I asked him if he would treat first one and then the

> > other but he said no, he would treat both at the same time with two

> > different antibiotics.

> >

> > I mentioned the anti-fungal that Aandraya told me to ask for, but he

> > said the combination of the two anti-fungals he was giving me would

> > work really well and he had great success with it.

> >

> > He believes I may have had Lyme while I was pregnant with my

> > youngest son, in which case there is at least a 50% change he

> > contracted Lyme from me. And now could have Barts. He had never

> > heard of mites infesting humans with Bartonella, but neither did he

> > discount it as a possibility. I am going to see about getting my

> > kids tested through IGeneX as well.

> >

> > I hope this helps those who are trying to decide about whether or

> > not to see an LLMD. I figured I could keep going back and forth

> > between doctors who know very little or go straight to the horses

> > mouth.

> >

> > This doctor had absolutely no hesitation in him. The amount of

> > knowledge he shared about the complexity of the human body was

> > amazing. Everytime he would say something, it would be like I was

> > checking off boxes... " yes, that's right, I have that too " ...This was

> > a very worthwhile time...well spent...

> >

> > Good luck to one and all, Terry

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >