RemedySpot.com

Re: springtails -very interesting about birdmites too PLEASE READ

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Its not Springtails. Yay! I put one in a bag and had someone come out today. They are saddlebugs and he said they pop not jump. Phew! I haven't seen any since last week the initial time. But here is something interesting you all will want to hear. He found birdmites in my windowsill. He asked did I have a birds nest. We did have a bird building a nest on that windowsill and I freaked out a couple weeks ago and had my husband quickly get rid of it. I told the guy last summer I had something biting me but that nothing was found and it has stopped. Heres the interesting part -He said humans are not supposed to play host to birdmites BUT 30% of the population can and they don't know if its blood type or what. Its the first person to have ever said that,that I know of.

Unfortunately, its a small local family owned co. I didn't get into Lyme and/or infections with him.

From: healinghope <mfrreman@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 2:15 PMSubject: Re: springtails

Aa and I differ. After months of antibiotics the springtails were still here. Put down glue traps in hot spots, for instance where you saw them.Curious do you live rural, or inner city. Interesting I thought my months on antibiotics may have been a attraction, fungal and immune. Long after Lyme treatment, the springtails continued for me, visible to the eye. The drain treatment is new on bugs spray website, but a needed addition! His site is very informative and helped me beat the little beast. You can look on net and find the chemicals ect cheaper too. For yard, tractor supply sells granules for yard, make sure they kill springtail, it will list insects. Like bug spray website said, TREAT WHOLE YARD LIKE A NEST. They nest, key in irradicating. > > > > >> > > > > For those of you that had the springtail problems. What do they > > > look like? I killed about 5 or 6 jumping bugs on my kitchen floor > > > tonight. I sprayed them with orange guard. I see nothing more now. > > > Don't know if I should be worried or not.> > > > >> > > > > Thanks> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Very useful good information. Good you do not have springtails! Also good that the PCO acknowledged that people can become infested with bird mites. So good to at least get a confirmation. I have heard of MANY people getting the mites through nests on window sills. It makes me wonder how many birds are carrying these mites. And the mites also stay in the nest because bird mites do hide during certain times of the day. Thanks!From: "Linds J" <lj_mom11@...>bird mites Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 9:32:38 AMSubject: Re: Re: springtails -very interesting about birdmites too PLEASE READ

Its not Springtails. Yay! I put one in a bag and had someone come out today. They are saddlebugs and he said they pop not jump. Phew! I haven't seen any since last week the initial time. But here is something interesting you all will want to hear. He found birdmites in my windowsill. He asked did I have a birds nest. We did have a bird building a nest on that windowsill and I freaked out a couple weeks ago and had my husband quickly get rid of it. I told the guy last summer I had something biting me but that nothing was found and it has stopped. Heres the interesting part -He said humans are not supposed to play host to birdmites BUT 30% of the population can and they don't know if its blood type or what. Its the first person to have ever said that,that I know of.

Unfortunately, its a small local family owned co. I didn't get into Lyme and/or infections with him.

From: healinghope <mfrreman@...>bird mites Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 2:15 PMSubject: Re: springtails

Aa and I differ. After months of antibiotics the springtails were still here. Put down glue traps in hot spots, for instance where you saw them.Curious do you live rural, or inner city. Interesting I thought my months on antibiotics may have been a attraction, fungal and immune. Long after Lyme treatment, the springtails continued for me, visible to the eye. The drain treatment is new on bugs spray website, but a needed addition! His site is very informative and helped me beat the little beast. You can look on net and find the chemicals ect cheaper too. For yard, tractor supply sells granules for yard, make sure they kill springtail, it will list insects. Like bug spray website said, TREAT WHOLE YARD LIKE A NEST. They nest, key in irradicating. > > > > >> > > > > For those of you that had the springtail problems. What do they > > > look like? I killed about 5 or 6 jumping bugs on my kitchen floor > > > tonight. I sprayed them with orange guard. I see nothing more now. > > > Don't know if I should be worried or not.> > > > >> > > > > Thanks> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Trying to find saddlebugs, cannot find good pic or definition. Help me out,

cannot find the creature.lol

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For those of you that had the springtail problems. What do they

> > > > look like? I killed about 5 or 6 jumping bugs on my kitchen floor

> > > > tonight. I sprayed them with orange guard. I see nothing more now.

> > > > Don't know if I should be worried or not.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I couldn't find it either. I asked the guy about it later and he said did I say they were saddlebugs and I said yes you did. He said they are beetles. Who knows? I haven't seen anymore.

From: healinghope <mfrreman@...>bird mites Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 3:25 PMSubject: Re: springtails -very interesting about birdmites too PLEASE READ

Trying to find saddlebugs, cannot find good pic or definition. Help me out, cannot find the creature.lol > > > > > >> > > > > > For those of you that had the springtail problems. What do they > > > > look like? I killed about 5 or 6 jumping bugs on my kitchen floor > > > > tonight. I sprayed them with orange guard. I see nothing more now. > > > > Don't know if I should be worried or not.> > > > > >> > > > > > Thanks> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >>

>>

Guest guest

This is interesting because when I had the Terminix guy come out he could not

find evidence of mites, but did find lots of beetles. I can't remember which

kind of beetle though. I think it is curious that all these bugs seem to travel

together.

But then again, if you ever watch the Animal Planet, same thing happens. One

predator makes the kill and pretty soon there are all kinds of animals hanging

around waiting to get a piece.

So color me a zebra!! Cause that's what I have felt like.

Terry

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > For those of you that had the springtail problems. What do they

> > > > > look like? I killed about 5 or 6 jumping bugs on my kitchen floor

> > > > > tonight. I sprayed them with orange guard. I see nothing more now.

> > > > > Don't know if I should be worried or not.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>