RemedySpot.com

Re: Pseudomonas aureginosa - Anybody???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Good info Terry. I've had these blue fibers in my mucus when I blow my nose too. Maybe your daughter should use a good sinus rinse kit, like NeilMed Sinus Rinse that comes with premixed salt packets, available at all pharmacies now. I think it would keep the P.a down in the nose and sinuses anyway. I've been using this one for years (when my congestion is bad...). Recently I read that 90% of sinus infections are fungal, but I realize this is a bacterium... I'm also on Cipro one of the recommended drugs for P.a. Recently I also read that colloidal silver added to one of these devices helps a lot of chronic sinus infection sufferers. So I tried it a few days ago and many of my symptoms started to get a lot better. I'm awaiting another product that washes colloidal silver into the sinuses which I hope arrives soon too. But here is another idea which I might also look into--I'd add colloidal silver to the liquid:http://www.amazon.com/SinuPulse-Elite-Advanced-Irrigation-System/dp/B001CWT4JIPricey but may be worth it.From: "mitesbegone" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:50:44 PMSubject: Pseudomonas aureginosa - Anybody???Okay, this is disturbing to me. My daughter and I were talking and she told me that a couple of months ago she blew her nose and saw blue fiber kinds of things. It seemed to clear up and then same thing happened a a month or so ago. She never thought too much about it, but for some strange reason it came up today. I have never talked to her about Morgellons or threads or anything. She said she is nervous about coming over to my house and I can't say I blame her. But, she also has some kind of mold growing in her apartment. So I turned to the internet (of course) and saw the following:Pseudomonas aureginosa is a bacteria which produces a compound called pyocyanin. This compound is pigmented (it is blue). If you noticed blue streaks in your sputum, you probably have a P.aureginosa infection.P.aureginosa is a "ubiquitous" organism, meaning it is everywhere. Your body should fight it off naturally. If the infection persists, however, it could be that some other factor is weakening your immune system.P. aeruginosa secretes a blue-green pigment called pyocanin that can be used for identification. The bacteria also produces collagenase, an enzyme that degrades collagen fibers.I do not know if this could be the same type of threads we have been seeing or not, however, a recent article published by "Science" indicated the following:Bacterial-fungal interactions have great environmental, medical, and economic importance, yet few have been well characterized at the molecular level. Here, we describe a pathogenic interaction between Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Candida albicans, two opportunistic pathogens. P. aeruginosa forms a dense biofilm on C. albicans filaments and kills the fungus. In contrast,P. aeruginosa neither binds to nor kills yeast-form C. albicans. Several P. aeruginosa virulence factors that are important in disease are involved in the killing of C. albicans filaments. We propose that many virulence factors studied in the context of human infection may also have a role in bacterial-fungal interactions. I have not read the complete article but essentially it talks about the bacterial relationship (P-aureginosa) forming with a fungus (yeast) to form a virulent pathogen. The result in humans is a devastating sickness which although curable is slow to respond to antibiotics.This ramps up my desire to have my daughter tested immediately. But I also know that Morg suffers have no strong voice and are often ridiculed. I was wondering if any Morg suffers have encountered a doctor who might discuss this fairly well known pathogen (P-Aureginosa). I don't know if there is a link but several people complain about blowing their nose and seeing blue streaks. Again, this and what Morg sufferers see may be worlds apart, but heck, thought I would put it out there anyway.Terry------------------------------------

Guest guest

Thanks , I am going to pass this info on to my daughter. She only told me

recently but apparently this happened a couple of months ago and she did not

want to bother me, amidst my own crises with the mites. But I think a netti pot

would be good for her. She doesn't get sinus infections too often but this has

happened twice which means she gets them pretty bad when it does happen.

Terry

>

>

> Good info Terry. I've had these blue fibers in my mucus when I blow my nose

too. Maybe your daughter should use a good sinus rinse kit, like NeilMed Sinus

Rinse that comes with premixed salt packets, available at all pharmacies now. I

think it would keep the P.a down in the nose and sinuses anyway. I've been using

this one for years (when my congestion is bad...). Recently I read that 90% of

sinus infections are fungal, but I realize this is a bacterium... I'm also on

Cipro one of the recommended drugs for P.a. Recently I also read that colloidal

silver added to one of these devices helps a lot of chronic sinus infection

sufferers. So I tried it a few days ago and many of my symptoms started to get a

lot better. I'm awaiting another product that washes colloidal silver into the

sinuses which I hope arrives soon too.

>

>

> But here is another idea which I might also look into--I'd add colloidal

silver to the liquid:

>

>

> http://www.amazon.com/SinuPulse-Elite-Advanced-Irrigation-System/dp/B001CWT4JI

>

>

> Pricey but may be worth it.

>

>

>

> Pseudomonas aureginosa - Anybody???

>

> Okay, this is disturbing to me. My daughter and I were talking and she told me

that a couple of months ago she blew her nose and saw blue fiber kinds of

things. It seemed to clear up and then same thing happened a a month or so ago.

She never thought too much about it, but for some strange reason it came up

today. I have never talked to her about Morgellons or threads or anything. She

said she is nervous about coming over to my house and I can't say I blame her.

But, she also has some kind of mold growing in her apartment. So I turned to the

internet (of course) and saw the following:

>

> Pseudomonas aureginosa is a bacteria which produces a compound called

pyocyanin. This compound is pigmented (it is blue). If you noticed blue streaks

in your sputum, you probably have a P.aureginosa infection.

>

> P.aureginosa is a " ubiquitous " organism, meaning it is everywhere. Your body

should fight it off naturally. If the infection persists, however, it could be

that some other factor is weakening your immune system.

>

> P. aeruginosa secretes a blue-green pigment called pyocanin that can be used

for identification. The bacteria also produces collagenase, an enzyme that

degrades collagen fibers.

>

> I do not know if this could be the same type of threads we have been seeing or

not, however, a recent article published by " Science " indicated the following:

>

> Bacterial-fungal interactions have great environmental, medical, and economic

importance, yet few have been well characterized at the molecular level. Here,

we describe a pathogenic interaction between Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Candida

albicans, two opportunistic pathogens. P. aeruginosa forms a dense biofilm on C.

albicans filaments and kills the fungus. In contrast,P. aeruginosa neither binds

to nor kills yeast-form C. albicans. Several P. aeruginosa virulence factors

that are important in disease are involved in the killing of C. albicans

filaments. We propose that many virulence factors studied in the context of

human infection may also have a role in bacterial-fungal interactions.

>

> I have not read the complete article but essentially it talks about the

bacterial relationship (P-aureginosa) forming with a fungus (yeast) to form a

virulent pathogen.

>

> The result in humans is a devastating sickness which although curable is slow

to respond to antibiotics.

>

> This ramps up my desire to have my daughter tested immediately. But I also

know that Morg suffers have no strong voice and are often ridiculed. I was

wondering if any Morg suffers have encountered a doctor who might discuss this

fairly well known pathogen (P-Aureginosa). I don't know if there is a link but

several people complain about blowing their nose and seeing blue streaks. Again,

this and what Morg sufferers see may be worlds apart, but heck, thought I would

put it out there anyway.

>

> Terry

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>