RemedySpot.com

Re: For Terry, I found your obsevations interesting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Terry, in my search for answers - I read everything on this forum, I must say that your observations of stuff in the air following a heavy infestation sounds right on to me. Just a question, can you tell me something about yourself - your job background, education etc.

For the most part, it appears that I have escaped the worst long term effects of this bird mite thing. Today I am only suffering the trauma, but am healthy again, skin has healed, I never have a blemish from whatever source that lasts more than 4 days and then it disappears altogether. I never took anything internal. But in the day, it took 6 months to a year for blemishes to go away sometimes leaving a discoloration.

I continue to work every day at 72 years old. But having gone through the horror for almost a year, I am still interested in this and it seems to me that this forum is getting closer to answers than anyone else.

Mostly everything we think about is conjecture, but that, I believe is the first part of knowing.

Thanks for your thoughtful input.

From: mitesbegone <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:40 AMSubject: Re: This is very interesting stuff especially for those dealing with black specks

Oh thank you for your posting. Of course I will look him up. I am not aware of ray's protocol. I can google it to see if I find something or if there is a particular site I should go to, could you share that with me. If you do not wish to post it on this forum, perhaps you could email me privately. I am trying to piece together whatever information I can find.I do believe much of this is all connected in some way. My theory is this, there are mites (not necessarily just Bird mites either, but could also be springtails, not sure though ) which lure a fungus. This fungus may act as a clean up crew for dead mites. This might be a fungus from the soil or from plants. But I think this fungus hangs around the mites as an opportunistic parasite. When mites bite us, they can infect us with Lyme disease and/or co-infections. We know that mites can transmit infectious diseases in the same way that mosquitoes, ticks, sand fleas can. This will

make us sick. The fungus however is a different organism and will invade the body, perhaps we have become vulnerable due to mite infection, or perhaps have always been vulnerable due to a compromised immune system.Some of these black specks look like fungus. I have examined them under a microscope) I think there are also some kind of spoors released in the air which will aid in their infestation of the human body. (As when first entering a home, or digging into a box or closet) I think we can breathe this in...and I think if this fungus gets on our skin, it can burrow into us. I have seen this occur on myself. I also believe we shed something from this infestation. And the shedding is in the form of filaments. This too can look like black specks (but under microscope, it looks like tiny red and blue filaments). This may be Morgellons.So, although the diseases may be from different organisms, they seem to associate with each other. Then

again, I could be totally off base. But this is what I think for now.Terry> >> > Hi, I finally had enough energy to write to Dr. Sporagano. I figured he> > would not be interested once he discovered I was not in the U.K.> > > > This is what I wrote, and please keep in mind that I am writing not just> > for me but for US!! If I have mistated something, PLEASE correct me. > > But given the recent article regarding Morgellons and the possibility> > that these fibers may have originated from Fungus...is especially> > promising, given the quite possible connection between all of this!!!> > > > Dear Dr. Sporagano:> > Thank you so very much for your reply. I had to take a moment to think> > about how best to respond.

First, I am very thrilled that you are> > interested in pursuing information on this. I am not at all surprised> > to hear that you have had contact from others regarding the ability for> > Dermanyssus to infest homes, especially for those who might have> > domestic birds near or even in the home.> > > > I believe that Dermanyssus will utilize a human, if an avian host is not> > available. And it would appear, at least in my case and from those I> > have made contact with, the period of infestation can be long and> > arduous. You are quite right. Traditional fumigation efforts do not> > seem to be very effective. Many different approaches have been> > undertaken from powders, including DE, to essential oils such as cedar> > and neem. These have not altogether been successful. (Byemite, has not> > been successfully approved

for use here, but I thank you for the> > suggestion.) Mostly the individual is stuck with trying to either> > outlast them, or abandon their property and belongings. Unfortunately,> > these individuals will start over only to find the pest has traveled> > with them.> > > > For those who have elected to stay behind and fight, this fungus seems> > to have developed for many, and a variety of infections have followed. > > Whether these infections are due to the bird mite or fungus, I would> > have no way of knowing.> > > > I will be returning to my home this coming weekend. When I had left,> > almost three weeks ago, I was so tormented by all of this I really had> > no choice. And this was after many weeks had elapsed since all evidence> > of canaries had been removed. Once home, I will know very quickly> >

whether or not the bird mite has vacated and if the fungus has done the> > same. My impression is that they are both still infesting my home. If> > so, I will be able to provide you with pictures of the bites as well as> > photos of what the mite and/or fungus look like. I have also contacted> > a forum I belong to asking for any pictures or evidence anyone might> > have of this. I am still in the process of going through replies to see> > what is available out there. I will of course provide you with anything> > I have, along with samples, if you so wish.> > > > In all honesty, I purposely left my "whereabouts" vague. I was> > concerned that should you know I was not located in the UK, you would> > not be interested in furthering our communication. But you are entitled> > to know that I live in the US, Washington State to be exact. I

will> > hope that your interest continues despite the geographic disadvantages.> > > > However, if this is an insurmountable problem, I would ask that you let> > me know as soon as you can. Or if you have a local colleague that might> > assist you with this, that too would be wonderful.> > > > I do believe that there is something very interesting (scientifically> > speaking) with a parasite such as Dermanyssus having a type of symbiotic> > relationship with a fungus. Of course that is an assumption. Could be> > the mites develop a fungus like a type of ant I read about, or perhaps> > it is a fungus that feeds off dead mites. Part of me is fascinated by> > this process. Another part of me, that part that struggles with> > sleepless nights and bite marks, finds it not in the least bit so.> > > > I look

forward to hearing from you.> > > > And this was his reply: (Please note the part I bolded)> > > > Dear Terry,> > > > Many thanks for your reply and regardless of where you live I am> > interested to continue this discussion as a few years ago we found fungi> > growing from bags where Dermanyssus had been kept for a few days. So> > actually I would be keen to get samples from you if possible or in> > collaboration with your local University maybe. If you had pictures or> > could collect some mites it would be good first to try to identify the> > species and know if some products are more effective than others and see> > what we can do at your personal level.> > > > Regarding going back to your house I am afraid the news could be bad.> > Dermanyssus mites can survive without bloods for weeks if

not mites. I> > was contacted by a family who was attacked only at their summer house.> > Nobody was living there for the rest of the year but every summer they> > were attacked. The mites were maybe just feeding on birds but it is very> > often difficult to get rid of them as they can hide anywhere while> > waiting to feed.> > > > Best wishes> > > > Olivier> > > > Although the last paragraph is discouraging, I found the first paragraph> > hopeful in that this Professor may have noticed the exact same thing as> > us and that he is willing to try and find some products which will be> > helpful for us. I know everyone here has their own challenges, some are> > in the middle of this fighting to stay alive, some they have tried to> > put it all behind them. But if anyone has any pictures, or samples

or> > can take samples of mites and/or fungus, this would be extremely> > helpful. We struggle so hard all of us and we need some kind of heavy> > hitter who can give us the credibility we need. Yes, I know there has> > been some investigative attempts, but it has not seemed to go far> > enough, and the more we have on our side, the quicker we can maybe get> > some help. Please please feel free to tell me if I am off base. I have> > been so excited about this...in thinking that maybe we as a group will> > be strong enough to have a voice in the credentialed society of> > scientists that I have told my friends, but alas, it is as though I am> > talking Greek. They are not easily swayed from thinking that this,> > despite my recent diagnosis from an LLMD, is somehow, all in my head. > > So, I turn to you, my newest friends in the hopes

that you will think> > there is something worthwhile here.> > > > Take care all, Terry> > > > > > > > > > > > Professor Olivier Sparagano> > > > BSc, MSc, PhD, CBiol, FSB, FSTVM, FHEA> > > > Associate Dean for Research and Innovation> > > > Professor of Health and Biotechnology> > > > Northumbria University> >>

Guest guest

First, I am so very happy that you remain interested in the on-going saga of

everyone here, and remain a vital part of the communication process. I truly

believe that when people come together in a common way, great and amazing things

can happen.

I know what you are saying about the slow to heal marks. I too have that

difficulty. I have marks (bites) on my arms that still remain after 3 months.

They won't go away or fade even.

As for me...well, what can I say...Uh, my undergraduate work was in the field of

Biology and Anthropology. I then became a mom and started my own healthcare

business. This is where my interest in human health and care of the human came

into play. Did this for many years, sold the company, consulted for a while and

then went to work as a project manager for a bank. This is where I learned to

multi task and to dig deep into problems to ferret out a solution. After many

years of that, I got sick with Dercum's Disease, but it took me 5 years to get a

diagnosis. This is where I learned to turn over every leaf and look for the

hidden answers that were there. And where I learned to challenge the medical

community and their resistance in accepting anything outside their comfort zone.

I think there are a lot of people trying to put things together. This whole

discussion we had earlier about why our computers seem to be hot spots for

instance, well check out this article:

http://phys.org/news/2011-06-dishwasher-fungal-pathogens.html?spincycle

Now, I am not saying that this is what we are dealing with, but I do believe it

points out that these fungi can be pathogenic and extremotolerant to heat.

And as to whether or not fungus is morphing and potentially harmful to humans,

well this seems to spell out a concern that may still be under investigation:

http://phys.org/news65453925.html

So, fungi can be attracted to the heat of a human and then become integrated

with the human so it can live inside the host. Is that not what many of us are

thinking is going on.

I believe that while many scientists and microbiologists are dancing around the

notion that fungi can become a pathogenic agent for diseases in humans...we are

all living the " microbe-life " in the biggest lab on earth (if someone could just

notice us).

And that has to be a goal here. We have to get this recognition.

So, putting my Biology, Healthcare, Project Management, and innate snoopiness in

all things mystical and real...you come out with someone who is doggone

interested in finding an answer...with everyone's help here, cause I don't think

I can do it alone.

Hope that puts things into perspective.

Take care, stay strong, Terry

> > >

> > > Hi, I finally had enough energy to write to Dr. Sporagano. I figured he

> > > would not be interested once he discovered I was not in the U.K.

> > >

> > > This is what I wrote, and please keep in mind that I am writing not just

> > > for me but for US!! If I have mistated something, PLEASE correct me.

> > > But given the recent article regarding Morgellons and the possibility

> > > that these fibers may have originated from Fungus...is especially

> > > promising, given the quite possible connection between all of this!!!

> > >

> > > Dear Dr. Sporagano:

> > > Thank you so very much for your reply. I had to take a moment to think

> > > about how best to respond. First, I am very thrilled that you are

> > > interested in pursuing information on this. I am not at all surprised

> > > to hear that you have had contact from others regarding the ability for

> > > Dermanyssus to infest homes, especially for those who might have

> > > domestic birds near or even in the home.

> > >

> > > I believe that Dermanyssus will utilize a human, if an avian host is not

> > > available. And it would appear, at least in my case and from those I

> > > have made contact with, the period of infestation can be long and

> > > arduous. You are quite right. Traditional fumigation efforts do not

> > > seem to be very effective. Many different approaches have been

> > > undertaken from powders, including DE, to essential oils such as cedar

> > > and neem. These have not altogether been successful. (Byemite, has not

> > > been successfully approved for use here, but I thank you for the

> > > suggestion.) Mostly the individual is stuck with trying to either

> > > outlast them, or abandon their property and belongings. Unfortunately,

> > > these individuals will start over only to find the pest has traveled

> > > with them.

> > >

> > > For those who have elected to stay behind and fight, this fungus seems

> > > to have developed for many, and a variety of infections have followed.

> > > Whether these infections are due to the bird mite or fungus, I would

> > > have no way of knowing.

> > >

> > > I will be returning to my home this coming weekend. When I had left,

> > > almost three weeks ago, I was so tormented by all of this I really had

> > > no choice. And this was after many weeks had elapsed since all evidence

> > > of canaries had been removed. Once home, I will know very quickly

> > > whether or not the bird mite has vacated and if the fungus has done the

> > > same. My impression is that they are both still infesting my home. If

> > > so, I will be able to provide you with pictures of the bites as well as

> > > photos of what the mite and/or fungus look like. I have also contacted

> > > a forum I belong to asking for any pictures or evidence anyone might

> > > have of this. I am still in the process of going through replies to see

> > > what is available out there. I will of course provide you with anything

> > > I have, along with samples, if you so wish.

> > >

> > > In all honesty, I purposely left my " whereabouts " vague. I was

> > > concerned that should you know I was not located in the UK, you would

> > > not be interested in furthering our communication. But you are entitled

> > > to know that I live in the US, Washington State to be exact. I will

> > > hope that your interest continues despite the geographic disadvantages.

> > >

> > > However, if this is an insurmountable problem, I would ask that you let

> > > me know as soon as you can. Or if you have a local colleague that might

> > > assist you with this, that too would be wonderful.

> > >

> > > I do believe that there is something very interesting (scientifically

> > > speaking) with a parasite such as Dermanyssus having a type of symbiotic

> > > relationship with a fungus. Of course that is an assumption. Could be

> > > the mites develop a fungus like a type of ant I read about, or perhaps

> > > it is a fungus that feeds off dead mites. Part of me is fascinated by

> > > this process. Another part of me, that part that struggles with

> > > sleepless nights and bite marks, finds it not in the least bit so.

> > >

> > > I look forward to hearing from you.

> > >

> > > And this was his reply: (Please note the part I bolded)

> > >

> > > Dear Terry,

> > >

> > > Many thanks for your reply and regardless of where you live I am

> > > interested to continue this discussion as a few years ago we found fungi

> > > growing from bags where Dermanyssus had been kept for a few days. So

> > > actually I would be keen to get samples from you if possible or in

> > > collaboration with your local University maybe. If you had pictures or

> > > could collect some mites it would be good first to try to identify the

> > > species and know if some products are more effective than others and see

> > > what we can do at your personal level.

> > >

> > > Regarding going back to your house I am afraid the news could be bad.

> > > Dermanyssus mites can survive without bloods for weeks if not mites. I

> > > was contacted by a family who was attacked only at their summer house.

> > > Nobody was living there for the rest of the year but every summer they

> > > were attacked. The mites were maybe just feeding on birds but it is very

> > > often difficult to get rid of them as they can hide anywhere while

> > > waiting to feed.

> > >

> > > Best wishes

> > >

> > > Olivier

> > >

> > > Although the last paragraph is discouraging, I found the first paragraph

> > > hopeful in that this Professor may have noticed the exact same thing as

> > > us and that he is willing to try and find some products which will be

> > > helpful for us. I know everyone here has their own challenges, some are

> > > in the middle of this fighting to stay alive, some they have tried to

> > > put it all behind them. But if anyone has any pictures, or samples or

> > > can take samples of mites and/or fungus, this would be extremely

> > > helpful. We struggle so hard all of us and we need some kind of heavy

> > > hitter who can give us the credibility we need. Yes, I know there has

> > > been some investigative attempts, but it has not seemed to go far

> > > enough, and the more we have on our side, the quicker we can maybe get

> > > some help. Please please feel free to tell me if I am off base. I have

> > > been so excited about this...in thinking that maybe we as a group will

> > > be strong enough to have a voice in the credentialed society of

> > > scientists that I have told my friends, but alas, it is as though I am

> > > talking Greek. They are not easily swayed from thinking that this,

> > > despite my recent diagnosis from an LLMD, is somehow, all in my head.

> > > So, I turn to you, my newest friends in the hopes that you will think

> > > there is something worthwhile here.

> > >

> > > Take care all, Terry

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Professor Olivier Sparagano

> > >

> > > BSc, MSc, PhD, CBiol, FSB, FSTVM, FHEA

> > >

> > > Associate Dean for Research and Innovation