RemedySpot.com

Spider clean up

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is just a follow up report I call Spider Adventures. I think we have finally gotten rid of all the spiders, or at least 99%. I'm still being cautiously optimistic at this point. We did the following to bring the house to this point:1. First step was to put out sticky spider traps in all rooms downstairs. Traps get many of the spiders and give an idea as to which rooms are the most infested and where to go from there. I changed these traps many times and dated them so I could see how often the spiders were coming in and from what rooms.2. We sprayed poison outside around the periphery of the house right up again the building and even into the soil.3. Put spray foam into cracks around the foundation. Insects and spiders use these spaces to breed or hide.4. Sealed all possible entries and cracks in the house with caulk, removing some outlets and insulating those and caulking the outside of the outlets.5. Taped the sliding glass door closed with white duct tape. The door will no longer open because it is duct taped shut. So much for getting outside in an emergency!6. Put DE into the track where the sliding glass door would open (tiny spiders were coming in there).7. I sprayed Orange Guard under large cracks between the baseboards and floor.8. Nightly monitor all room for spiders. Ongoing.9. Spiders were coming in through one bathroom fan which had outlet to air to the roof - put in fine mesh screen and sealed the outer rim of the fan casing with caulk. No more spiders dropping into toilet, bathtub or counter.10. Removed some of the plants near the house, including a raised bed, which was old and harbored spiders and other insects.11. Removed a storage shed on deck which held paint and garden equipment. Cut up plastic shed for recycle. All of these things have been necessary to do and we hope nothing more will be required to manage this problem. No spiders in traps for over a week now. The spider problem started 4 years ago when we first got the mites, so we do not know if there is a relationship between spiders and mites (or fungus they seem to have). Because we live right next to a dry field and open space, for some reason the spiders chose our townhouse and not the neighbor's homes to infest. Over the last 4 years we've killed thousands of spiders, ranging in size from a flea to the size of a lima bean.

Guest guest

SPIDERWOMAN is born :-) Congratulations !!

Hugs,

Aggi

Von: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>An: Tim <bird mites > CC: L. Goldstein <Goldstein@...> Gesendet: 18:49 Mittwoch, 4.Juli 2012Betreff: Spider clean up

This is just a follow up report I call Spider Adventures. I think we have finally gotten rid of all the spiders, or at least 99%. I'm still being cautiously optimistic at this point.

We did the following to bring the house to this point:

1. First step was to put out sticky spider traps in all rooms downstairs. Traps get many of the spiders and give an idea as to which rooms are the most infested and where to go from there. I changed these traps many times and dated them so I could see how often the spiders were coming in and from what rooms.

2. We sprayed poison outside around the periphery of the house right up again the building and even into the soil.

3. Put spray foam into cracks around the foundation. Insects and spiders use these spaces to breed or hide.

4. Sealed all possible entries and cracks in the house with caulk, removing some outlets and insulating those and caulking the outside of the outlets.

5. Taped the sliding glass door closed with white duct tape. The door will no longer open because it is duct taped shut. So much for getting outside in an emergency!

6. Put DE into the track where the sliding glass door would open (tiny spiders were coming in there).

7. I sprayed Orange Guard under large cracks between the baseboards and floor.

8. Nightly monitor all room for spiders. Ongoing.

9. Spiders were coming in through one bathroom fan which had outlet to air to the roof - put in fine mesh screen and sealed the outer rim of the fan casing with caulk. No more spiders dropping into toilet, bathtub or counter.

10. Removed some of the plants near the house, including a raised bed, which was old and harbored spiders and other insects.

11. Removed a storage shed on deck which held paint and garden equipment. Cut up plastic shed for recycle.

All of these things have been necessary to do and we hope nothing more will be required to manage this problem. No spiders in traps for over a week now. The spider problem started 4 years ago when we first got the mites, so we do not know if there is a relationship between spiders and mites (or fungus they seem to have). Because we live right next to a dry field and open space, for some reason the spiders chose our townhouse and not the neighbor's homes to infest. Over the last 4 years we've killed thousands of spiders, ranging in size from a flea to the size of a lima bean.

Guest guest

Thanks Aggi! Just watch me sling myself from a tall building straight to Germany! :)From: "Aggi Assmann" <aggi_assmann@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:30:40 AMSubject: Re: Spider clean up

Hugs,

Aggi

Von: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>An: Tim <bird mites > CC: L. Goldstein <Goldstein@...> Gesendet: 18:49 Mittwoch, 4.Juli 2012Betreff: Spider clean up

This is just a follow up report I call Spider Adventures. I think we have finally gotten rid of all the spiders, or at least 99%. I'm still being cautiously optimistic at this point.

1. First step was to put out sticky spider traps in all rooms downstairs. Traps get many of the spiders and give an idea as to which rooms are the most infested and where to go from there. I changed these traps many times and dated them so I could see how often the spiders were coming in and from what rooms.

2. We sprayed poison outside around the periphery of the house right up again the building and even into the soil.

3. Put spray foam into cracks around the foundation. Insects and spiders use these spaces to breed or hide.

4. Sealed all possible entries and cracks in the house with caulk, removing some outlets and insulating those and caulking the outside of the outlets.

5. Taped the sliding glass door closed with white duct tape. The door will no longer open because it is duct taped shut. So much for getting outside in an emergency!

6. Put DE into the track where the sliding glass door would open (tiny spiders were coming in there).

9. Spiders were coming in through one bathroom fan which had outlet to air to the roof - put in fine mesh screen and sealed the outer rim of the fan casing with caulk. No more spiders dropping into toilet, bathtub or counter.

10. Removed some of the plants near the house, including a raised bed, which was old and harbored spiders and other insects.

11. Removed a storage shed on deck which held paint and garden equipment. Cut up plastic shed for recycle.

All of these things have been necessary to do and we hope nothing more will be required to manage this problem. No spiders in traps for over a week now. The spider problem started 4 years ago when we first got the mites, so we do not know if there is a relationship between spiders and mites (or fungus they seem to have). Because we live right next to a dry field and open space, for some reason the spiders chose our townhouse and not the neighbor's homes to infest. Over the last 4 years we've killed thousands of spiders, ranging in size from a flea to the size of a lima bean.

Guest guest

May be a new line of work for you two to advertize. Glad to hear you beat them down. Sally From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> Tim <bird mites > Cc: L. Goldstein <Goldstein@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:49 PM

Subject: Spider clean up

This is just a follow up report I call Spider Adventures. I think we have finally gotten rid of all the spiders, or at least 99%. I'm still being cautiously optimistic at this point. We did the following to bring the house to this point:1. First step was to put out sticky spider traps in all rooms downstairs. Traps get many of the spiders and give an idea as to which rooms are the most infested and where to go from there. I changed these traps many times and dated them so I could see how often the spiders were coming in and from what rooms.2. We sprayed poison outside around the periphery of the house right up again the building and even into the soil.3. Put spray foam into cracks around the foundation. Insects and spiders use these spaces to

breed or hide.4. Sealed all possible entries and cracks in the house with caulk, removing some outlets and insulating those and caulking the outside of the outlets.5. Taped the sliding glass door closed with white duct tape. The door will no longer open because it is duct taped shut. So much for getting outside in an emergency!6. Put DE into the track where the sliding glass door would open (tiny spiders were coming in there).7. I sprayed Orange Guard under large cracks between the baseboards and floor.8. Nightly monitor all room for spiders. Ongoing.9. Spiders were coming in through one bathroom fan which had outlet to air to the roof - put in fine mesh screen and sealed the outer rim of the fan casing with caulk. No more spiders dropping into

toilet, bathtub or counter.10. Removed some of the plants near the house, including a raised bed, which was old and harbored spiders and other insects.11. Removed a storage shed on deck which held paint and garden equipment. Cut up plastic shed for recycle. All of these things have been necessary to do and we hope nothing more will be required to manage this problem. No spiders in traps for over a week now. The spider problem started 4 years ago when we first got the mites, so we do not know if there is a relationship between spiders and mites (or fungus they seem to have). Because we live right next to a dry field and open space, for some reason the spiders chose our townhouse and not the neighbor's homes to infest. Over the last 4 years we've killed thousands of spiders, ranging in size from a flea to the size of a lima

bean.

Guest guest

Thanks dear Sally. Anything is possible... From: " Benton" <sarahbenton48@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:25:36 AMSubject: Re: Spider clean up

May be a new line of work for you two to advertize. Glad to hear you beat them down. Sally From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...> Tim <bird mites > Cc: L. Goldstein <Goldstein@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:49 PM

Subject: Spider clean up

This is just a follow up report I call Spider Adventures. I think we have finally gotten rid of all the spiders, or at least 99%. I'm still being cautiously optimistic at this point. We did the following to bring the house to this point:1. First step was to put out sticky spider traps in all rooms downstairs. Traps get many of the spiders and give an idea as to which rooms are the most infested and where to go from there. I changed these traps many times and dated them so I could see how often the spiders were coming in and from what rooms.2. We sprayed poison outside around the periphery of the house right up again the building and even into the soil.3. Put spray foam into cracks around the foundation. Insects and spiders use these spaces to

breed or hide.4. Sealed all possible entries and cracks in the house with caulk, removing some outlets and insulating those and caulking the outside of the outlets.5. Taped the sliding glass door closed with white duct tape. The door will no longer open because it is duct taped shut. So much for getting outside in an emergency!6. Put DE into the track where the sliding glass door would open (tiny spiders were coming in there).7. I sprayed Orange Guard under large cracks between the baseboards and floor.8. Nightly monitor all room for spiders. Ongoing.9. Spiders were coming in through one bathroom fan which had outlet to air to the roof - put in fine mesh screen and sealed the outer rim of the fan casing with caulk. No more spiders dropping into

toilet, bathtub or counter.10. Removed some of the plants near the house, including a raised bed, which was old and harbored spiders and other insects.11. Removed a storage shed on deck which held paint and garden equipment. Cut up plastic shed for recycle. All of these things have been necessary to do and we hope nothing more will be required to manage this problem. No spiders in traps for over a week now. The spider problem started 4 years ago when we first got the mites, so we do not know if there is a relationship between spiders and mites (or fungus they seem to have). Because we live right next to a dry field and open space, for some reason the spiders chose our townhouse and not the neighbor's homes to infest. Over the last 4 years we've killed thousands of spiders, ranging in size from a flea to the size of a lima

bean.

Guest guest

Ready when you are :-) SMILE :-)

Von: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>An: bird mites Gesendet: 18:52 Donnerstag, 5.Juli 2012Betreff: Re: Spider clean up

Thanks Aggi! Just watch me sling myself from a tall building straight to Germany! :)

From: "Aggi Assmann" <aggi_assmann@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:30:40 AMSubject: Re: Spider clean up

Hugs,

Aggi

Guest guest

Do you think a good air purifier with activated carbon might work? Has anyone

tried one to get rid of the mites and now chemicals? I had one in my old one

bedroom but it didn't work, I had a lot of stuff and they were in everything. I

don't know that it would work even in the studio I moved to, I think you'd need

a hurricane force to drive them in and out. Hi, , this is miteymaid not

Terry, but thanks to you and Matt for answering. I've been on the site for quite

awhile but hanging low, trying to figure out my next move. I also wonder if

anyone has tried Ivermectin, the one dose per weight taken a week apart, if that

ever works taken that way? The llmd said I had antibodies for Lymne, that wasn't

a factor but I did show positive for bartonella, but they didn't know about

mites. I need to visit again because I wanted to hold off till after the summer

as Doxy makes you burn and I thought of swimming in salt water or the pool to

try and get rid of them. Also I had yeast problems when I tried the Doxy for a

week. I wonder how Kayjay is doing on the minocylin and am curious about the

Samento.

>

> Ready when you are :-) SMILE :-)

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Von: " Goldstein@... " <Goldstein@...>

> An: bird mites

> Gesendet: 18:52 Donnerstag, 5.Juli 2012

> Betreff: Re: Spider clean up

>

>

>  

> Thanks Aggi!  Just watch me sling myself from a tall building straight to

Germany! :)

>

>

> From: " Aggi Assmann " <aggi_assmann@...>

> bird mites

> Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:30:40 AM

> Subject: Re: Spider clean up

>

>

>

>

> SPIDERWOMAN is born :-) Congratulations !!

> Hugs,

> Aggi

>

>

> Von: " Goldstein@... " <Goldstein@...>

> An: Tim <bird mites >

> CC: L. Goldstein <Goldstein@...>

> Gesendet: 18:49 Mittwoch, 4.Juli 2012

> Betreff: Spider clean up

>

>

>  

> This is just a follow up report I call Spider Adventures.  I think we have

finally gotten rid of all the spiders, or at least 99%.  I'm still being

cautiously optimistic at this point.  

>

> We did the following to bring the house to this point:

>

> 1.  First step was to put out sticky spider traps in all rooms downstairs.

Traps get many of the spiders and give an idea as to which rooms are the most

infested and where to go from there.  I changed these traps many times and

dated them so I could see how often the spiders were coming in and from what

rooms.

>

> 2.  We sprayed poison outside around the periphery of the house right up

again the building and even into the soil.

>

> 3.  Put spray foam into cracks around the foundation.  Insects and spiders

use these spaces to breed or hide.

>

> 4.  Sealed all possible entries and cracks in the house with caulk, removing

some outlets and insulating those and caulking the outside of the outlets.

>

> 5.  Taped the sliding glass door closed with white duct tape.  The door will

no longer open because it is duct taped shut. So much for getting outside in an

emergency!

>

> 6.  Put DE into the track where the sliding glass door would open (tiny

spiders were coming in there).

>

> 7.  I sprayed Orange Guard under large cracks between the baseboards and

floor.

>

> 8.  Nightly monitor all room for spiders.  Ongoing.

>

> 9.  Spiders were coming in through one bathroom fan which had outlet to air

to the roof - put in fine mesh screen and sealed the outer rim of the fan casing

with caulk.  No more spiders dropping into toilet, bathtub or counter.

>

> 10.  Removed some of the plants near the house, including a raised bed, which

was old and harbored spiders and other insects.

>

> 11.  Removed a storage shed on deck which held paint and garden equipment.

Cut up plastic shed for recycle.  

>

> All of these things have been necessary to do and we hope nothing more will be

required to manage this problem.  No spiders in traps for over a week now.

The spider problem started 4 years ago when we first got the mites, so we do

not know if there is a relationship between spiders and mites (or fungus they

seem to have).  Because we live right next to a dry field and open space, for

some reason the spiders chose our townhouse and not the neighbor's homes to

infest. Over the last 4 years we've killed thousands of spiders, ranging in size

from a flea to the size of a lima bean.

>

>

>

Guest guest

, you are an amazing woman! What a blow by blow description of your fight

against the spider. I have to say that after reading your list of steps, if any

spider, heck any insect even tried to breach your walls of invincibility, I pity

them. Well, that might be going a bit too far. Pity...a spider or a mite???

Don't get me wrong, I believe all creatures great and small deserve a place in

our world or they wouldn't be here, right? But I wish them far and away from

our humanity that struggles to survive our own challenges.

I am so proud of you for never giving in. I myself can't help but believe there

is too big of a coincidence that these spiders followed the mites which followed

the fungus...er..or was it the spiders who followed the fungus who followed the

mites...(jeesh, reminds me of a rhhyme I used to say when I was a kid). In any

case, that your neighbors were not bothered by mites (I presume) or spiders (as

you have noted here), then either you just happen to always be on the frontline

with regard to arachid invasions, or there is a connection.

But, way to go girl! Terry

>

> This is just a follow up report I call Spider Adventures. I think we have

finally gotten rid of all the spiders, or at least 99%. I'm still being

cautiously optimistic at this point.

>

>

> We did the following to bring the house to this point:

>

>

> 1. First step was to put out sticky spider traps in all rooms downstairs.

Traps get many of the spiders and give an idea as to which rooms are the most

infested and where to go from there. I changed these traps many times and dated

them so I could see how often the spiders were coming in and from what rooms.

>

>

> 2. We sprayed poison outside around the periphery of the house right up again

the building and even into the soil.

>

>

> 3. Put spray foam into cracks around the foundation. Insects and spiders use

these spaces to breed or hide.

>

>

> 4. Sealed all possible entries and cracks in the house with caulk, removing

some outlets and insulating those and caulking the outside of the outlets.

>

>

> 5. Taped the sliding glass door closed with white duct tape. The door will no

longer open because it is duct taped shut. So much for getting outside in an

emergency!

>

>

> 6. Put DE into the track where the sliding glass door would open (tiny spiders

were coming in there).

>

>

> 7. I sprayed Orange Guard under large cracks between the baseboards and floor.

>

>

> 8. Nightly monitor all room for spiders. Ongoing.

>

>

> 9. Spiders were coming in through one bathroom fan which had outlet to air to

the roof - put in fine mesh screen and sealed the outer rim of the fan casing

with caulk. No more spiders dropping into toilet, bathtub or counter.

>

>

> 10. Removed some of the plants near the house, including a raised bed, which

was old and harbored spiders and other insects.

>

>

> 11. Removed a storage shed on deck which held paint and garden equipment. Cut

up plastic shed for recycle.

>

>

> All of these things have been necessary to do and we hope nothing more will be

required to manage this problem. No spiders in traps for over a week now. The

spider problem started 4 years ago when we first got the mites, so we do not

know if there is a relationship between spiders and mites (or fungus they seem

to have). Because we live right next to a dry field and open space, for some

reason the spiders chose our townhouse and not the neighbor's homes to infest.

Over the last 4 years we've killed thousands of spiders, ranging in size from a

flea to the size of a lima bean.

>

>

>

>