RemedySpot.com

This is very interesting stuff especially for those dealing with black specks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, I finally had enough energy to write to Dr. Sporagano. I figured he would not be interested once he discovered I was not in the U.K.This is what I wrote, and please keep in mind that I am writing not just for me but for US!! If I have mistated something, PLEASE correct me. But given the recent article regarding Morgellons and the possibility that these fibers may have originated from Fungus...is especially promising, given the quite possible connection between all of this!!!Dear Dr. Sporagano:Thank you so very much for your reply. I had to take a moment to think about how best to respond. First, I am very thrilled that you are interested in pursuing information on this. I am not at all surprised to hear that you have had contact from others regarding the ability for Dermanyssus to infest homes, especially for those who might have domestic birds near or even in the home. I believe that Dermanyssus will utilize a human, if an avian host is not available. And it would appear, at least in my case and from those I have made contact with, the period of infestation can be long and arduous. You are quite right. Traditional fumigation efforts do not seem to be very effective. Many different approaches have been undertaken from powders, including DE, to essential oils such as cedar and neem. These have not altogether been successful. (Byemite, has not been successfully approved for use here, but I thank you for the suggestion.) Mostly the individual is stuck with trying to either outlast them, or abandon their property and belongings. Unfortunately, these individuals will start over only to find the pest has traveled with them.For those who have elected to stay behind and fight, this fungus seems to have developed for many, and a variety of infections have followed. Whether these infections are due to the bird mite or fungus, I would have no way of knowing.I will be returning to my home this coming weekend. When I had left, almost three weeks ago, I was so tormented by all of this I really had no choice. And this was after many weeks had elapsed since all evidence of canaries had been removed. Once home, I will know very quickly whether or not the bird mite has vacated and if the fungus has done the same. My impression is that they are both still infesting my home. If so, I will be able to provide you with pictures of the bites as well as photos of what the mite and/or fungus look like. I have also contacted a forum I belong to asking for any pictures or evidence anyone might have of this. I am still in the process of going through replies to see what is available out there. I will of course provide you with anything I have, along with samples, if you so wish.In all honesty, I purposely left my "whereabouts" vague. I was concerned that should you know I was not located in the UK, you would not be interested in furthering our communication. But you are entitled to know that I live in the US, Washington State to be exact. I will hope that your interest continues despite the geographic disadvantages. However, if this is an insurmountable problem, I would ask that you let me know as soon as you can. Or if you have a local colleague that might assist you with this, that too would be wonderful.I do believe that there is something very interesting (scientifically speaking) with a parasite such as Dermanyssus having a type of symbiotic relationship with a fungus. Of course that is an assumption. Could be the mites develop a fungus like a type of ant I read about, or perhaps it is a fungus that feeds off dead mites. Part of me is fascinated by this process. Another part of me, that part that struggles with sleepless nights and bite marks, finds it not in the least bit so. I look forward to hearing from you.And this was his reply: (Please note the part I bolded)Dear Terry,Many thanks for your reply and regardless of where you live I am interested to continue this discussion as a few years ago we found fungi growing from bags where Dermanyssus had been kept for a few days. So actually I would be keen to get samples from you if possible or in collaboration with your local University maybe. If you had pictures or could collect some mites it would be good first to try to identify the species and know if some products are more effective than others and see what we can do at your personal level.Regarding going back to your house I am afraid the news could be bad. Dermanyssus mites can survive without bloods for weeks if not mites. I was contacted by a family who was attacked only at their summer house. Nobody was living there for the rest of the year but every summer they were attacked. The mites were maybe just feeding on birds but it is very often difficult to get rid of them as they can hide anywhere while waiting to feed.Best wishesOlivierAlthough the last paragraph is discouraging, I found the first paragraph hopeful in that this Professor may have noticed the exact same thing as us and that he is willing to try and find some products which will be helpful for us. I know everyone here has their own challenges, some are in the middle of this fighting to stay alive, some they have tried to put it all behind them. But if anyone has any pictures, or samples or can take samples of mites and/or fungus, this would be extremely helpful. We struggle so hard all of us and we need some kind of heavy hitter who can give us the credibility we need. Yes, I know there has been some investigative attempts, but it has not seemed to go far enough, and the more we have on our side, the quicker we can maybe get some help. Please please feel free to tell me if I am off base. I have been so excited about this...in thinking that maybe we as a group will be strong enough to have a voice in the credentialed society of scientists that I have told my friends, but alas, it is as though I am talking Greek. They are not easily swayed from thinking that this, despite my recent diagnosis from an LLMD, is somehow, all in my head. So, I turn to you, my newest friends in the hopes that you will think there is something worthwhile here.Take care all, Terry Professor Olivier SparaganoBSc, MSc, PhD, CBiol, FSB, FSTVM, FHEAAssociate Dean for Research and InnovationProfessor of Health and BiotechnologyNorthumbria University