RemedySpot.com

Re: Fungus and Mold, Infections and What to do

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Terry,Good work! Aandraya had these tiny winged flies coming from her sink, so maybe her input would be good. The slime mold (I called it pond scum) is what I have suspected for some time. I had these specks all over the house at one time and would collect them on sticky tape off of lamp shades and table. They were also on my skin when I would use sticky tape and find them there. Could this be moving around all the time? I wonder if there is a connection with global warming... it would explain why the dehumidifier seemed to decrease many of our symptoms. We ran the dehumidifier for many months.I really read your mail with great interest; I think we are getting somewhere and with the info on Lyme and coinfections, if we know what this is, it will much easier to treat along with the Lyme and coinfections.Thank you so much. I was so sad to hear about your little dog... would you ever want to try MMS on the outside on that sore? It kills fungus and so does colloidal silver. Are slime molds a fungus?From: "mitesbegone" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 9:04:50 PMSubject: Fungus and Mold, Infections and What to doSorry (again) gang. Been trying to deal with all of the variables that living through mites and fungus has wrought in my life. And I say "through" somewhat tongue in cheek as I would not say I am through any of it really.I wanted to provide you with some of the results of the inspection which I had of my home last week. First, there were no visual samples taken, which I was not happy with, but I understood were hard to do since they could not really "see" anything. So, I had air sampling done of my upstairs, downstairs and the outside.As suspected, my downstairs came back with some different mold/fungus than the upstairs.The Downstairs (only) had counts of Cladosporium and Penicillium/Aspergillus types.Both the upstairs and downstairs had counts of Basidiospores and Others (specifically, Myxomycetes and Periconia sp.). These "others" are referred to as slime molds. I know that others here have suspected this fungus as being a slime mold (I believe that Sally, ?? might have mentioned this?) as well, in the records here are several thoughts about slime mold as being the culprit...but first.I spoke with the Inspector who thought that these black dots might be dead mites, something I used to think as well, but after seeing them under microscope have ruled out. He then came back after receiving the lab report and said that these slime molds do have very large blackish spots and thinks that is possibly what I have been seeing. I have the name and number of the lab and have phone calls into them to see if I can have a better, more specific analysis run, which might help to identify the exact slime mold. Plus I have samples which I have ready to send in. AND on top of the ceiling in my bathroom there is a spot of mold growing. The Inspector has indicated that he will be coming back out this Wednesday or Thursday to take a sample. Not real happy if he tries to charge me more money as I think that should have been covered in the initial visit. But that is a different, and more human, battle I have to fight.I do not have an amplified site as outside spoor count is so much higher than the indoor spoor count. And it is possible that the dogs have been bringing these spoors in from the outside, but I am not convinced about that. These are almost all related to plants. I have taken out all of my house plants. Actually, I took them outside some time ago. The Inspector thinks that is a good idea as this mold could form onto the plants. He understands that even though my house is pretty clean (from a health inspection viewpoint), that is not to say that I am not hypersensitive to one or many different molds. He suggested that since the air outside had a higher spoor count, I should keep my windows and doors closed and not use any appliance that could bring these spoors into the house. He told me of a gentleman who was convinced that he had a mold problem as he was sick all the time. Turned out it was something in a field in back of his house. He had to learn to keep his windows all closed. As to whether or not one is able to fend off this fungi once they start on abx, well that is possible, I guess. My little dog, a recent Lyme patient has had a relapse. And the spoors that seemed to leave her alone during the time she was on abx has returned. In fact, the sore she had on her neck which had healed and seemingly disappeared, suddenly erupted with infection and blood. I cleaned it out, but yesterday when I looked it was coated with black stuff. I was really shocked and dismayed. I had recently been seeing these black spoors appearing on my kitchen counter (repeatedly). I captured some and out of curiosity, scraped off the black stuff from my dog...exactly the same thing!!! I think with Alcohol, Peroxide and Antibacterial ointment on her, I have kept the spoors at bay, but she is off to the vet again tomorrow. So, in her case, the abx either did not cure her and she has had a relapse, or she is only okay so long as she is taking the abx. I don't know. I spoke with my own doctor who told me that he understands how to treat fungal infections, so I am hoping to have a good conversation with him this coming Friday.So, here is where I am at: 1) Contact the Lab to see if they can more closely identify the slime mold. Could it be Dictyostelium discoideum (a slime mold identified as a possible culprit by this group a year or so ago).2) Retrieve physical samples and have those analyzed by the Lab and send samples to Dr. Sparagano - his last email response was:Hi TerrySo far I have no offer from my molecular colleagues so will check around further.The clinical signs seem to be extremely worryingI will see if some colleagues can come on board. I am on holidays at the end of this week so I hope to get somebody who can do it while I am away.RegardsOlivier3) Receive information from my doctor this coming Friday regarding treatment for fungus.I will share this as quickly as I can.In the meantime, I have noticed these tiny little flying bugs in my bathroom sink. I thought at first these could be Springtails, but they have wings, so perhaps they are fungus gnats. Anybody dealt with these before?And it is still worse when I go downstairs. Even though I had a mask on, I could feel myself breathing in a spore which immediately causes a bloody nose. I am concerned that this could be a different mold then the slime mold.Anyway, hang in there everyone. I am thinking about moving frankly. Just not sure I want to keep fighting this what with my little dog having a relapse and my daughter being pregnant. No way I would ever feel comfortable bringing a baby over here.Stay strong all, Terry ------------------------------------

Guest guest

I just looked it up and slime mold is not a fungi. As I suspected.From: Goldstein@...To: bird mites Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 10:30:40 PMSubject: Re: Fungus and Mold, Infections and What to do

Hi Terry,Good work! Aandraya had these tiny winged flies coming from her sink, so maybe her input would be good. The slime mold (I called it pond scum) is what I have suspected for some time. I had these specks all over the house at one time and would collect them on sticky tape off of lamp shades and table. They were also on my skin when I would use sticky tape and find them there. Could this be moving around all the time? I wonder if there is a connection with global warming... it would explain why the dehumidifier seemed to decrease many of our symptoms. We ran the dehumidifier for many months.I really read your mail with great interest; I think we are getting somewhere and with the info on Lyme and coinfections, if we know what this is, it will much easier to treat along with the Lyme and coinfections.Thank you so much. I was so sad to hear about your little dog... would you ever want to try MMS on the outside on that sore? It kills fungus and so does colloidal silver. Are slime molds a fungus?From: "mitesbegone" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 9:04:50 PMSubject: Fungus and Mold, Infections and What to doSorry (again) gang. Been trying to deal with all of the variables that living through mites and fungus has wrought in my life. And I say "through" somewhat tongue in cheek as I would not say I am through any of it really.I wanted to provide you with some of the results of the inspection which I had of my home last week. First, there were no visual samples taken, which I was not happy with, but I understood were hard to do since they could not really "see" anything. So, I had air sampling done of my upstairs, downstairs and the outside.As suspected, my downstairs came back with some different mold/fungus than the upstairs.The Downstairs (only) had counts of Cladosporium and Penicillium/Aspergillus types.Both the upstairs and downstairs had counts of Basidiospores and Others (specifically, Myxomycetes and Periconia sp.). These "others" are referred to as slime molds. I know that others here have suspected this fungus as being a slime mold (I believe that Sally, ?? might have mentioned this?) as well, in the records here are several thoughts about slime mold as being the culprit...but first.I spoke with the Inspector who thought that these black dots might be dead mites, something I used to think as well, but after seeing them under microscope have ruled out. He then came back after receiving the lab report and said that these slime molds do have very large blackish spots and thinks that is possibly what I have been seeing. I have the name and number of the lab and have phone calls into them to see if I can have a better, more specific analysis run, which might help to identify the exact slime mold. Plus I have samples which I have ready to send in. AND on top of the ceiling in my bathroom there is a spot of mold growing. The Inspector has indicated that he will be coming back out this Wednesday or Thursday to take a sample. Not real happy if he tries to charge me more money as I think that should have been covered in the initial visit. But that is a different, and more human, battle I have to fight.I do not have an amplified site as outside spoor count is so much higher than the indoor spoor count. And it is possible that the dogs have been bringing these spoors in from the outside, but I am not convinced about that. These are almost all related to plants. I have taken out all of my house plants. Actually, I took them outside some time ago. The Inspector thinks that is a good idea as this mold could form onto the plants. He understands that even though my house is pretty clean (from a health inspection viewpoint), that is not to say that I am not hypersensitive to one or many different molds. He suggested that since the air outside had a higher spoor count, I should keep my windows and doors closed and not use any appliance that could bring these spoors into the house. He told me of a gentleman who was convinced that he had a mold problem as he was sick all the time. Turned out it was something in a field in back of his house. He had to learn to keep his windows all closed. As to whether or not one is able to fend off this fungi once they start on abx, well that is possible, I guess. My little dog, a recent Lyme patient has had a relapse. And the spoors that seemed to leave her alone during the time she was on abx has returned. In fact, the sore she had on her neck which had healed and seemingly disappeared, suddenly erupted with infection and blood. I cleaned it out, but yesterday when I looked it was coated with black stuff. I was really shocked and dismayed. I had recently been seeing these black spoors appearing on my kitchen counter (repeatedly). I captured some and out of curiosity, scraped off the black stuff from my dog...exactly the same thing!!! I think with Alcohol, Peroxide and Antibacterial ointment on her, I have kept the spoors at bay, but she is off to the vet again tomorrow. So, in her case, the abx either did not cure her and she has had a relapse, or she is only okay so long as she is taking the abx. I don't know. I spoke with my own doctor who told me that he understands how to treat fungal infections, so I am hoping to have a good conversation with him this coming Friday.So, here is where I am at: 1) Contact the Lab to see if they can more closely identify the slime mold. Could it be Dictyostelium discoideum (a slime mold identified as a possible culprit by this group a year or so ago).2) Retrieve physical samples and have those analyzed by the Lab and send samples to Dr. Sparagano - his last email response was:Hi TerrySo far I have no offer from my molecular colleagues so will check around further.The clinical signs seem to be extremely worryingI will see if some colleagues can come on board. I am on holidays at the end of this week so I hope to get somebody who can do it while I am away.RegardsOlivier3) Receive information from my doctor this coming Friday regarding treatment for fungus.I will share this as quickly as I can.In the meantime, I have noticed these tiny little flying bugs in my bathroom sink. I thought at first these could be Springtails, but they have wings, so perhaps they are fungus gnats. Anybody dealt with these before?And it is still worse when I go downstairs. Even though I had a mask on, I could feel myself breathing in a spore which immediately causes a bloody nose. I am concerned that this could be a different mold then the slime mold.Anyway, hang in there everyone. I am thinking about moving frankly. Just not sure I want to keep fighting this what with my little dog having a relapse and my daughter being pregnant. No way I would ever feel comfortable bringing a baby over here.Stay strong all, Terry ------------------------------------

Guest guest

I have another thought... since many of us have Lyme Disease, that lowers our immune response, as do other fungi like candida. It would allow something like a slime mold to take hold. L.From: "mitesbegone" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 9:04:50 PMSubject: Fungus and Mold, Infections and What to doSorry (again) gang. Been trying to deal with all of the variables that living through mites and fungus has wrought in my life. And I say "through" somewhat tongue in cheek as I would not say I am through any of it really.I wanted to provide you with some of the results of the inspection which I had of my home last week. First, there were no visual samples taken, which I was not happy with, but I understood were hard to do since they could not really "see" anything. So, I had air sampling done of my upstairs, downstairs and the outside.As suspected, my downstairs came back with some different mold/fungus than the upstairs.The Downstairs (only) had counts of Cladosporium and Penicillium/Aspergillus types.Both the upstairs and downstairs had counts of Basidiospores and Others (specifically, Myxomycetes and Periconia sp.). These "others" are referred to as slime molds. I know that others here have suspected this fungus as being a slime mold (I believe that Sally, ?? might have mentioned this?) as well, in the records here are several thoughts about slime mold as being the culprit...but first.I spoke with the Inspector who thought that these black dots might be dead mites, something I used to think as well, but after seeing them under microscope have ruled out. He then came back after receiving the lab report and said that these slime molds do have very large blackish spots and thinks that is possibly what I have been seeing. I have the name and number of the lab and have phone calls into them to see if I can have a better, more specific analysis run, which might help to identify the exact slime mold. Plus I have samples which I have ready to send in. AND on top of the ceiling in my bathroom there is a spot of mold growing. The Inspector has indicated that he will be coming back out this Wednesday or Thursday to take a sample. Not real happy if he tries to charge me more money as I think that should have been covered in the initial visit. But that is a different, and more human, battle I have to fight.I do not have an amplified site as outside spoor count is so much higher than the indoor spoor count. And it is possible that the dogs have been bringing these spoors in from the outside, but I am not convinced about that. These are almost all related to plants. I have taken out all of my house plants. Actually, I took them outside some time ago. The Inspector thinks that is a good idea as this mold could form onto the plants. He understands that even though my house is pretty clean (from a health inspection viewpoint), that is not to say that I am not hypersensitive to one or many different molds. He suggested that since the air outside had a higher spoor count, I should keep my windows and doors closed and not use any appliance that could bring these spoors into the house. He told me of a gentleman who was convinced that he had a mold problem as he was sick all the time. Turned out it was something in a field in back of his house. He had to learn to keep his windows all closed. As to whether or not one is able to fend off this fungi once they start on abx, well that is possible, I guess. My little dog, a recent Lyme patient has had a relapse. And the spoors that seemed to leave her alone during the time she was on abx has returned. In fact, the sore she had on her neck which had healed and seemingly disappeared, suddenly erupted with infection and blood. I cleaned it out, but yesterday when I looked it was coated with black stuff. I was really shocked and dismayed. I had recently been seeing these black spoors appearing on my kitchen counter (repeatedly). I captured some and out of curiosity, scraped off the black stuff from my dog...exactly the same thing!!! I think with Alcohol, Peroxide and Antibacterial ointment on her, I have kept the spoors at bay, but she is off to the vet again tomorrow. So, in her case, the abx either did not cure her and she has had a relapse, or she is only okay so long as she is taking the abx. I don't know. I spoke with my own doctor who told me that he understands how to treat fungal infections, so I am hoping to have a good conversation with him this coming Friday.So, here is where I am at: 1) Contact the Lab to see if they can more closely identify the slime mold. Could it be Dictyostelium discoideum (a slime mold identified as a possible culprit by this group a year or so ago).2) Retrieve physical samples and have those analyzed by the Lab and send samples to Dr. Sparagano - his last email response was:Hi TerrySo far I have no offer from my molecular colleagues so will check around further.The clinical signs seem to be extremely worryingI will see if some colleagues can come on board. I am on holidays at the end of this week so I hope to get somebody who can do it while I am away.RegardsOlivier3) Receive information from my doctor this coming Friday regarding treatment for fungus.I will share this as quickly as I can.In the meantime, I have noticed these tiny little flying bugs in my bathroom sink. I thought at first these could be Springtails, but they have wings, so perhaps they are fungus gnats. Anybody dealt with these before?And it is still worse when I go downstairs. Even though I had a mask on, I could feel myself breathing in a spore which immediately causes a bloody nose. I am concerned that this could be a different mold then the slime mold.Anyway, hang in there everyone. I am thinking about moving frankly. Just not sure I want to keep fighting this what with my little dog having a relapse and my daughter being pregnant. No way I would ever feel comfortable bringing a baby over here.Stay strong all, Terry ------------------------------------

Guest guest

I had heard Dr. Klinghardt say that people with Morgellons are the sickest of all the Lyme patients. Many of us do develop Morgellons for some reason. We need to treat underlying cause, the Lyme.From: "mitesbegone" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 9:04:50 PMSubject: Fungus and Mold, Infections and What to doSorry (again) gang. Been trying to deal with all of the variables that living through mites and fungus has wrought in my life. And I say "through" somewhat tongue in cheek as I would not say I am through any of it really.I wanted to provide you with some of the results of the inspection which I had of my home last week. First, there were no visual samples taken, which I was not happy with, but I understood were hard to do since they could not really "see" anything. So, I had air sampling done of my upstairs, downstairs and the outside.As suspected, my downstairs came back with some different mold/fungus than the upstairs.The Downstairs (only) had counts of Cladosporium and Penicillium/Aspergillus types.Both the upstairs and downstairs had counts of Basidiospores and Others (specifically, Myxomycetes and Periconia sp.). These "others" are referred to as slime molds. I know that others here have suspected this fungus as being a slime mold (I believe that Sally, ?? might have mentioned this?) as well, in the records here are several thoughts about slime mold as being the culprit...but first.I spoke with the Inspector who thought that these black dots might be dead mites, something I used to think as well, but after seeing them under microscope have ruled out. He then came back after receiving the lab report and said that these slime molds do have very large blackish spots and thinks that is possibly what I have been seeing. I have the name and number of the lab and have phone calls into them to see if I can have a better, more specific analysis run, which might help to identify the exact slime mold. Plus I have samples which I have ready to send in. AND on top of the ceiling in my bathroom there is a spot of mold growing. The Inspector has indicated that he will be coming back out this Wednesday or Thursday to take a sample. Not real happy if he tries to charge me more money as I think that should have been covered in the initial visit. But that is a different, and more human, battle I have to fight.I do not have an amplified site as outside spoor count is so much higher than the indoor spoor count. And it is possible that the dogs have been bringing these spoors in from the outside, but I am not convinced about that. These are almost all related to plants. I have taken out all of my house plants. Actually, I took them outside some time ago. The Inspector thinks that is a good idea as this mold could form onto the plants. He understands that even though my house is pretty clean (from a health inspection viewpoint), that is not to say that I am not hypersensitive to one or many different molds. He suggested that since the air outside had a higher spoor count, I should keep my windows and doors closed and not use any appliance that could bring these spoors into the house. He told me of a gentleman who was convinced that he had a mold problem as he was sick all the time. Turned out it was something in a field in back of his house. He had to learn to keep his windows all closed. As to whether or not one is able to fend off this fungi once they start on abx, well that is possible, I guess. My little dog, a recent Lyme patient has had a relapse. And the spoors that seemed to leave her alone during the time she was on abx has returned. In fact, the sore she had on her neck which had healed and seemingly disappeared, suddenly erupted with infection and blood. I cleaned it out, but yesterday when I looked it was coated with black stuff. I was really shocked and dismayed. I had recently been seeing these black spoors appearing on my kitchen counter (repeatedly). I captured some and out of curiosity, scraped off the black stuff from my dog...exactly the same thing!!! I think with Alcohol, Peroxide and Antibacterial ointment on her, I have kept the spoors at bay, but she is off to the vet again tomorrow. So, in her case, the abx either did not cure her and she has had a relapse, or she is only okay so long as she is taking the abx. I don't know. I spoke with my own doctor who told me that he understands how to treat fungal infections, so I am hoping to have a good conversation with him this coming Friday.So, here is where I am at: 1) Contact the Lab to see if they can more closely identify the slime mold. Could it be Dictyostelium discoideum (a slime mold identified as a possible culprit by this group a year or so ago).2) Retrieve physical samples and have those analyzed by the Lab and send samples to Dr. Sparagano - his last email response was:Hi TerrySo far I have no offer from my molecular colleagues so will check around further.The clinical signs seem to be extremely worryingI will see if some colleagues can come on board. I am on holidays at the end of this week so I hope to get somebody who can do it while I am away.RegardsOlivier3) Receive information from my doctor this coming Friday regarding treatment for fungus.I will share this as quickly as I can.In the meantime, I have noticed these tiny little flying bugs in my bathroom sink. I thought at first these could be Springtails, but they have wings, so perhaps they are fungus gnats. Anybody dealt with these before?And it is still worse when I go downstairs. Even though I had a mask on, I could feel myself breathing in a spore which immediately causes a bloody nose. I am concerned that this could be a different mold then the slime mold.Anyway, hang in there everyone. I am thinking about moving frankly. Just not sure I want to keep fighting this what with my little dog having a relapse and my daughter being pregnant. No way I would ever feel comfortable bringing a baby over here.Stay strong all, Terry ------------------------------------

Guest guest

Oh terry

You are trying with all your heart and soul to get some answers n we all

apreciate that and you very much ss

Sorry java not well.

When.i was in infested flat my kat had black dots all over the inside of her

ears,which realy bothered her.

De helped a bit

Dilute hibiscrub helped a bit too

I understand u no feel safe

I had move from my home n I would have never left as it faced the sea but I had

to go!!

It was the only place id beem.happy living in as well!:-(

But sanity is the most important thing

Well my wee darling holly is s bit brighter on the,strongest dose steroid n

doxycycline

Been on doxy since last Wednesday

Havr a feeling will have to fight to get her kept on it

I know,medics,think they know,best

But im worry if she not on it long enough have relapse

She still ill n bad inflamation stomach n pain upseting at night

I havr very little,sleep nursing her

Her anaemia worse n red blood cell count

Feeding mince,steak,liver n veg n rice try get anaemia,better

Havr no money to feed myself proper food

Basics

But that my choice as im desperate to help her

I am so scared she got this cause o me

Guess heart health does not help either

Im herxing badly on allicinin

Dizzy part at night

Stomach flips like samento did

Sweating

Sore throat

Tum.pain

Take with doxy

N every 3 days pulse a little flagyl

Worried bout my liver

Its no good doin meds without help llmd

But breakspear charge 2000 pound just for testing

Its a joke

Hang in my dear

X

------------------------------

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 22:39 PDT Goldstein@... wrote:

>I have another thought... since many of us have Lyme Disease, that lowers our

immune response, as do other fungi like candida. It would allow something like a

slime mold to take hold.

>

>

>L.

>

> Fungus and Mold, Infections and What to do

>

>Sorry (again) gang. Been trying to deal with all of the variables that living

through mites and fungus has wrought in my life. And I say " through " somewhat

tongue in cheek as I would not say I am through any of it really.

>

>I wanted to provide you with some of the results of the inspection which I had

of my home last week. First, there were no visual samples taken, which I was not

happy with, but I understood were hard to do since they could not really " see "

anything. So, I had air sampling done of my upstairs, downstairs and the

outside.

>

>As suspected, my downstairs came back with some different mold/fungus than the

upstairs.

>

>The Downstairs (only) had counts of Cladosporium and Penicillium/Aspergillus

types.

>

>Both the upstairs and downstairs had counts of Basidiospores and Others

(specifically, Myxomycetes and Periconia sp.). These " others " are referred to as

slime molds. I know that others here have suspected this fungus as being a slime

mold (I believe that Sally, ?? might have mentioned this?) as well, in the

records here are several thoughts about slime mold as being the culprit...but

first.

>

>I spoke with the Inspector who thought that these black dots might be dead

mites, something I used to think as well, but after seeing them under microscope

have ruled out. He then came back after receiving the lab report and said that

these slime molds do have very large blackish spots and thinks that is possibly

what I have been seeing. I have the name and number of the lab and have phone

calls into them to see if I can have a better, more specific analysis run, which

might help to identify the exact slime mold. Plus I have samples which I have

ready to send in. AND on top of the ceiling in my bathroom there is a spot of

mold growing. The Inspector has indicated that he will be coming back out this

Wednesday or Thursday to take a sample. Not real happy if he tries to charge me

more money as I think that should have been covered in the initial visit. But

that is a different, and more human, battle I have to fight.

>

>I do not have an amplified site as outside spoor count is so much higher than

the indoor spoor count. And it is possible that the dogs have been bringing

these spoors in from the outside, but I am not convinced about that. These are

almost all related to plants. I have taken out all of my house plants. Actually,

I took them outside some time ago. The Inspector thinks that is a good idea as

this mold could form onto the plants.

>

>He understands that even though my house is pretty clean (from a health

inspection viewpoint), that is not to say that I am not hypersensitive to one or

many different molds. He suggested that since the air outside had a higher spoor

count, I should keep my windows and doors closed and not use any appliance that

could bring these spoors into the house.

>

>He told me of a gentleman who was convinced that he had a mold problem as he

was sick all the time. Turned out it was something in a field in back of his

house. He had to learn to keep his windows all closed.

>

>As to whether or not one is able to fend off this fungi once they start on abx,

well that is possible, I guess.

>

>My little dog, a recent Lyme patient has had a relapse. And the spoors that

seemed to leave her alone during the time she was on abx has returned. In fact,

the sore she had on her neck which had healed and seemingly disappeared,

suddenly erupted with infection and blood. I cleaned it out, but yesterday when

I looked it was coated with black stuff. I was really shocked and dismayed. I

had recently been seeing these black spoors appearing on my kitchen counter

(repeatedly). I captured some and out of curiosity, scraped off the black stuff

from my dog...exactly the same thing!!! I think with Alcohol, Peroxide and

Antibacterial ointment on her, I have kept the spoors at bay, but she is off to

the vet again tomorrow. So, in her case, the abx either did not cure her and she

has had a relapse, or she is only okay so long as she is taking the abx. I don't

know.

>

>I spoke with my own doctor who told me that he understands how to treat fungal

infections, so I am hoping to have a good conversation with him this coming

Friday.

>

>So, here is where I am at:

>

>1) Contact the Lab to see if they can more closely identify the slime mold.

Could it be Dictyostelium discoideum (a slime mold identified as a possible

culprit by this group a year or so ago).

>

>2) Retrieve physical samples and have those analyzed by the Lab and send

samples to Dr. Sparagano - his last email response was:

>

>Hi Terry

>

>So far I have no offer from my molecular colleagues so will check around

further.

>

>The clinical signs seem to be extremely worrying

>

>I will see if some colleagues can come on board. I am on holidays at the end of

this week so I hope to get somebody who can do it while I am away.

>

>Regards

>

>Olivier

>

>3) Receive information from my doctor this coming Friday regarding treatment

for fungus.

>

>I will share this as quickly as I can.

>

>In the meantime, I have noticed these tiny little flying bugs in my bathroom

sink. I thought at first these could be Springtails, but they have wings, so

perhaps they are fungus gnats. Anybody dealt with these before?

>

>And it is still worse when I go downstairs. Even though I had a mask on, I

could feel myself breathing in a spore which immediately causes a bloody nose. I

am concerned that this could be a different mold then the slime mold.

>

>Anyway, hang in there everyone. I am thinking about moving frankly. Just not

sure I want to keep fighting this what with my little dog having a relapse and

my daughter being pregnant. No way I would ever feel comfortable bringing a baby

over here.

>

>Stay strong all, Terry

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>