doctors missed entirely). I believe that amiodarone has caused my

husband's low thryroid...it's now under control with medication. But I

wondered what else to check for. Thanks much. Pat Pulasky

----------------------------------------------

Guin Wrote:

> Side effects, are vision, thin

> splotchy skin, sun sensetive, bruising, liver, thyroid, dizzy, vomiting,

> only to name a few..... Blood levels should be checked regularly as

> well. It is a miracle drug, but just know about it's side effects.

>

Hi Pat;

As I understand it, they look for the level of the drug in the liver... I

know that the drug can affect the liver function, just the same as it affected

you husbands thyroid function.

~guin

" P. Pulasky " wrote:

> Guin, could you tell me what the doctor will be looking for in blood

> levels on amiodarone dosage? Our doctors don't always know what to

> check for....I've discovered (on reading results of my husband's blood

> work) a potentially fatal side effect of another medication (which the

> doctors missed entirely). I believe that amiodarone has caused my

> husband's low thryroid...it's now under control with medication. But I

> wondered what else to check for. Thanks much. Pat Pulasky

> ----------------------------------------------

> Guin Wrote:

> > Side effects, are vision, thin

> > splotchy skin, sun sensetive, bruising, liver, thyroid, dizzy, vomiting,

> > only to name a few..... Blood levels should be checked regularly as

> > well. It is a miracle drug, but just know about it's side effects.

> >

>

>

> Please visit the Zapper homepage at

> http://www.ZapLife.org

>

>

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

Quick Corr.:

" shufling show " ???

Of cause I ment " shoveling snow " . In other words: I've had to move a

lot of that bloody stuff!

:-) Janne

>

> I am on amiodarone too, 400 mg a day. I'havent turned into a smurf

> yet, but when I was shufling show the other day I turned tomato - even

> with sun protection cream at Factor 50 and no sun... Missing Florida

> subsided at a glance

>

> I've got one bad side effect so far: hypothyroidism. Started on 0,25

> microgram Levaxin (brand name in No) a couple of weeks ago. It

> doesnn't make me feel any better yet, I feel depressed, have sleeping

> problems and a moonface, love it! Is this happening to anyone else as

> well?

>

> Janne in Norway

>

> (Please, please help me learn by correcting me when my Engslish turns

> out way too bad!)

>

Guest guest

Guin,

We had 80 cm during three days reasently

Janne

> > >

> > > I am on amiodarone too, 400 mg a day. I'havent turned into a smurf

> > > yet, but when I was shufling show the other day I turned tomato

- even

> > > with sun protection cream at Factor 50 and no sun... Missing Florida

> > > subsided at a glance

> > >

> > > I've got one bad side effect so far: hypothyroidism. Started on 0,25

> > > microgram Levaxin (brand name in No) a couple of weeks ago. It

> > > doesnn't make me feel any better yet, I feel depressed, have

sleeping

> > > problems and a moonface, love it! Is this happening to anyone

else as

> > > well?

> > >

> > > Janne in Norway

> > >

> > > (Please, please help me learn by correcting me when my Engslish

turns

> > > out way too bad!)

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Janne;

Once you quit Ammiodarone what medication they put you on for heart? that is my biggest fear. I've been one amiodarone since 2001 and almost had no problems. i am terrified of changing amiodarone. what is the best med to replace amiodarone? If you have hypothyroidsm they made you stop taking it correct?

TURK

From: Janne <sjoskog@...>Subject: Re: Amiodarone side effects Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 12:34 PM

Quick Corr.: "shufling show" ??? Of cause I ment "shoveling snow". In other words: I've had to move alot of that bloody stuff!:-) Janne>> I am on amiodarone too, 400 mg a day. I'havent turned into a smurf> yet, but when I was shufling show the other day I turned tomato - even> with sun protection cream at Factor 50 and no sun... Missing Florida> subsided at a glance> > I've got one bad side effect so far: hypothyroidism. Started on 0,25> microgram Levaxin (brand name in No) a couple of weeks ago. It> doesnn't make me feel any better yet, I feel depressed, have sleeping> problems and a moonface, love it! Is this happening to anyone else as> well? > > Janne in Norway> >

(Please, please help me learn by correcting me when my Engslish turns> out way too bad!)>

Guest guest

i have and had proir to amidrone hypothryoidism and still on amidrone

From: Janne <sjoskogonline (DOT) no>Subject: Re: Amiodarone side effects@groups .comDate: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 12:34 PM

Quick Corr.: "shufling show" ??? Of cause I ment "shoveling snow". In other words: I've had to move alot of that bloody stuff!:-) Janne>> I am on amiodarone too, 400 mg a day. I'havent turned into a smurf> yet, but when I was shufling show the other day I turned tomato - even> with sun protection cream at Factor 50 and no sun... Missing Florida> subsided at a glance> > I've got one bad side effect so far: hypothyroidism. Started on 0,25> microgram Levaxin (brand name in No) a couple of weeks ago. It> doesnn't make me feel any better yet, I feel depressed, have sleeping> problems and a moonface, love it! Is this happening to anyone else as> well? > > Janne in Norway> >

(Please, please help me learn by correcting me when my Engslish turns> out way too bad!)>

Guest guest

I am on amiodarone now and I too share a fear of either going off a drug or lowering the dosage. After the lightning storm, they started me out on 800 mgs for two weeks, and now I am supposed to take 200 mgs a day. I am gonna try it their way, but trust in the gizmo has diminished so much that I would almost rather be doped than experience another shock. And, I have never before been frightened of therapies until now. Before, they happened, deemed appropriate, and I got on with things. BeccaNobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition! Monty Python

From: Janne <sjoskogonline (DOT) no>Subject: Re: Amiodarone side effects@groups .comDate: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 12:34 PM

Guest guest

Dear TURK and all,So far Amiodarone is the number one, but it seems like the researchers are trying hard to find an effective antiarrhytmic with less adverse side effects. Article 2004Title: "Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Clinical Trial of Azimilide for Prevention of Ventricular Tachyarrhythmias in Patients With an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator."Url: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/110/24/3646 Article 2006 Title: "OPTIC study: Amiodarone Plus Beta-Blocker Reduces ICD Shocks"Url: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/521895 Article 2008Title: "Amiodarone as Paradigm for Developing New Drugs for Atrial Fibrillation."Url (abstract only): http://www.ventricular-fibrillation.com/showabstract.php?pmid=18841075 I am on a combi of amio and betablockers. My EP and Cardio want me to continue on 400 mg/day for at least 6 months post my el. storm, despite the hypoT. Myself I want to reduse the dose to 200 mg after 3 months, which is now. Some study concluded the first 3 months are the most critical period for ES recurrence. Each one of us have to weight pro and cons carefully, whether benefit outweight the risks.JannePS. Is it ok to post links to research articles here? I'm reading alot and like to share...> >> > I am on amiodarone too, 400 mg a day. I'havent turned into a smurf> > yet, but when I was shufling show the other day I turned tomato - even> > with sun protection cream at Factor 50 and no sun... Missing Florida> > subsided at a glance> > > > I've got one bad side effect so far: hypothyroidism. Started on 0,25> > microgram Levaxin (brand name in No) a couple of weeks ago. It> > doesnn't make me feel any better yet, I feel depressed, have sleeping> > problems and a moonface, love it! Is this happening to anyone else as> > well? > > > > Janne in Norway> > > > (Please, please help me learn by correcting me when my Engslish turns> > out way too bad!)> >>