RemedySpot.com

40 % anterolisthesis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

I have a 58 year-old patient with a 40% anterolisthesis at L5-S1, and severe discopathy at the same region. There are no radicular signs or sx. He came in for a low back strain/sprain initially and that's when we discovered the slippage. He is coming along nicely for the low back strain. My question is for long term. Are there any special techniques or adjustments for that grade of spondylolisthesis? Any favorites out there? As far as I can ascertain, the slippage seems stable and is long-standing. There is no history of trauma.

Thanks,

Terreri, DC

Matt,

A wobbly chair from spinal-tech in Washington can help with the disc problem. Pettibon has a technique for spondies where the patient is supine. a wedge is placed under the sacrum and weights are placed on the patients stomache to cause a shift of L5 on S1.

Carl Bonofiglio

-- 40 % anterolisthesis

Hi all,

I have a 58 year-old patient with a 40% anterolisthesis at L5-S1, and severe discopathy at the same region. There are no radicular signs or sx. He came in for a low back strain/sprain initially and that's when we discovered the slippage. He is coming along nicely for the low back strain. My question is for long term. Are there any special techniques or adjustments for that grade of spondylolisthesis? Any favorites out there? As far as I can ascertain, the slippage seems stable and is long-standing. There is no history of trauma.

Thanks,

Terreri, DC