RemedySpot.com

rheuma reco

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Someone on our listserve asked for a rheumatologist the other day...

I couldn't think of one at the time but since I've come across a strong recommendation for the services of Carolyn Coyle, M.D.

Being a rheumatic patient myself, the big challenge with rheumatologists is finding one that demonstrates an interest between diet and immune function. Although we have forever recognized this connection, oddly the rheumatological community has a wierd "zero tollerance" for acknowledging the relationship between foodstuffs and immune function.

I know, I know.

It seems so obvious.

It's like when the Today Show's M.D. (the guy with the mustache) 15 years ago lumped and heralded all vitamin peddlers as quacks. Now the guy's got his own vitamin line!

A critical commentary on this ignorance is well presented in the popular book: "The Arthritic's Cookbook," by Dong, M.D. who is an RA patient. He has an interesting take on this sub-specialty's blind eye.

scott s.

Guest guest

I don't know about Portland, but Central Oregon has a good one in Dr.

Depper. The others are the old school, no relation between allergies, diet

& arthritis. My husband sees the guy occasionally for his asthma, but I

recommend him more for the rheumatological stuff.

K. Carpentier, D.C., D.A.B.C.O.

Burns, OR

>Someone on our listserve asked for a rheumatologist the >other day...

Guest guest

A reminder to all re rheumatoid conditions:

The dairy protein is strongly influential in this auto immune disease. Removing that protein from the food universe has reversed/improved dramatically several of my patients. You can check out the references for the RA./dairy protein connection at www.notmilk.com. Sunny K ;'-)))

Guest guest

and all,

, you refer to Dr. Art Eulene, the network godoid. I presently have a rheumatoid patient that has been successfully managed(controlled enough to work full time and lead a very active life when not working-a pastors' wife) with food allergy testing, supplements, and adjustments. Though not a cure, this approach has worked well for this patient as she is definitely not interested in heavy Rx's, she does take some aspirin. Steve Lumsden

rheuma reco

Someone on our listserve asked for a rheumatologist the other day...

I couldn't think of one at the time but since I've come across a strong recommendation for the services of Carolyn Coyle, M.D.

Being a rheumatic patient myself, the big challenge with rheumatologists is finding one that demonstrates an interest between diet and immune function. Although we have forever recognized this connection, oddly the rheumatological community has a wierd "zero tollerance" for acknowledging the relationship between foodstuffs and immune function.

I know, I know.

It seems so obvious.

It's like when the Today Show's M.D. (the guy with the mustache) 15 years ago lumped and heralded all vitamin peddlers as quacks. Now the guy's got his own vitamin line!

A critical commentary on this ignorance is well presented in the popular book: "The Arthritic's Cookbook," by Dong, M.D. who is an RA patient. He has an interesting take on this sub-specialty's blind eye.

scott s.OregonDCs rules:1. Keep correspondence professional; the purpose of the listserve is to foster communication and collegiality. No personal attacks on listserve members will be tolerated.2. Always sign your e-mails with your first and last name.3. The listserve is not secure; your e-mail could end up anywhere. However, it is against the rules of the listserve to copy, print, forward, or otherwise distribute correspondence written by another member without his or her consent, unless all personal identifiers have been removed.