show has anyone have had there icd alert to chf? does anyone know how a

icd can even pick that up ?

stacie and kira

Internal

Virus Database is out of date.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.15/1833 - Release Date: 12/5/2008 7:08

PM

laura thats a hit or miss question i have chf syptoms all the time do to very low ef but never fluid build up in lungs or around heart !

From: Baker <laurarn@...> Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:47:27 PMSubject: RE: icd detecting CHF?

Mine did and it was wrong. I wasn¢t anywhere near CHF. DO you have CHF symptoms?

From: @groups .com [mailto:] On Behalf Of LIghtingpawSent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:44 PM@groups .comSubject: icd detecting CHF?

well i went n for a ekg and my icd we beep appernt,ly whent hey downloaded it it was being as a alert to CHF? the icd has should sinifcatn change in the fuild amount in and aroung my heart and lungs and there for has been tryign to alert the doctor to chf :( sooo i had test done and might hve more done depending on what these show has anyone have had there icd alert to chf? does anyone know how a icd can even pick that up ?

stacie and kira

Internal Virus Database is out of date.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. comVersion: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.15/1833 - Release Date: 12/5/2008 7:08 PM

I have CHF and my EP told me that the icd can measure electrical impedance in the heart and certain values can be indicative of fluid build up. I'm not sure how accurate it is, because mine has shown this when I don't believe I was having fluid build up. in any case they have me take a diuretic.

Brenta

icd detecting CHF?

well i went n for a ekg and my icd we beep appernt,ly whent hey downloaded it it was being as a alert to CHF? the icd has should sinifcatn change in the fuild amount in and aroung my heart and lungs and there for has been tryign to alert the doctor to chf :( sooo i had test done and might hve more done depending on what these show has anyone have had there icd alert to chf? does anyone know how a icd can even pick that up ?

stacie and kira

Internal Virus Database is out of date.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. comVersion: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.15/1833 - Release Date: 12/5/2008 7:08 PM

Stacie,

When my husband went for his ICD check in November, they also told him that he had a fluid buildup on a certain day. It was wierd, because he tracks his weight every day and he didn't have a weight gain that day. It didn't show any fluid buildup around his heart on days that we would have expected it. He normally will hold it around his belly and I can see if he is retaining it. It normally happens for him if he has too much sodium. Like his bi-weekly Chinese food treats. We didn't know that he had CHF until he went in last July for his ICD implant and they brought him this book to read on how to live with CHF. No doctor had told us that he had it, they told us that he had cardiomyopathy and they thought that it was from a virus. He feels great. His EF went from 10 to 25. He is walking 8 miles a day on the treadmill and walked 38 miles one day when we went to Orlando for vacation in

October. He hasn't felt any symptoms since he started his medications and lost 110 pounds. I love reading about you and Kira. Take care.

Bonnie York

From: LIghtingpaw <lightingpaw@...>Subject: icd detecting CHF?" " < >Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 5:44 PM

stacie and kira

Hello Stacie and Bonnie, Are your ICDs "Bi Ventriculars" um I think that's what they are called. Mine is a Pacemaker/Deflibarator. I have CHF but was never told that I had fluid build-up around my heart.(forgive my spelling:)

Bella

From: LIghtingpaw <lightingpaw@ sbcglobal. net>Subject: icd detecting CHF?"@group s.com" <@groups .com>Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 5:44 PM

stacie and kira

HOW DID TAKE OFF THE POUNDS WHAT MEDS DID THEY GIVE HIM.

From: LIghtingpaw <lightingpaw@ sbcglobal. net>Subject: icd detecting CHF?"@group s.com" <@groups .com>Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 5:44 PM

stacie and kira

He took off the weight the hard way. He changed his whole way of eating. He was a pretty unhealthy eater, like most of us. He cut way back on his sodium and started eating soups and salads that he makes himself. Mark has always been pretty much an obsessive compulsive person. This time it really helps. He makes a huge batch of vegetable soup with very little sodium that we both eat most every night. He also eats a huge salad every night. Most people couldn't stand eating the same thing every day, but his complusiveness makes it easier for him. He was diagnosed in March of 2007 and by August, after his July ICD implant he started walking more. He had already dropped 70 pounds from changing his eating habits and lost the rest through walking almost every day outside or on the

treadmill. He doesn't have to watch his weight as much now, because he is burning so many calories, but he does watch for water weight. He will eat some of our meat now with his meals. The medications that he is on are Coreg 3.125 mgtwice a day, warfarin , lasix 40 mg per day, 5 mg lisinopril, 10mg lipitor, 25 mg spironolactone per day, 81 mg aspirin and some vitamins. Hopefully, things will stay good for a long time. We just look at each day as a blessing and talke it one day at a time.

Bonnie

stacie and kira

Bella,

I don't know if his is bi-ventricular, but he has a Medtronic Concerto. It is a pacemaker defibrillator combo. He is paced a lot of the time, but is still a with the defibrillator. This last appointment was the first one where they told him about the fluid. Maybe it is something new that they figured out.

Bonnie

stacie and kira

Thanks Bonnie, Sounds like we might have the same kind,except mine is a St. Jude Medical. I'll ask at next ICD check.

Bella

stacie and kira