RemedySpot.com

Aspirin (was Re: Web MD cover story on lifestyles and longevity)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

All: please not the change in subject of this thread.

I too take aspirin for its' multiple benefits (and perhaps other benefits we haven't even discovered yet). It's truly a wonder drug. However because of the blood thinning qualities and my CR, I take it every 2nd or 3rd day, not every day. BTW just in case there's no misunderstanding this is a baby aspirin we're talking about, NOT an adult dose, (just in case anyone is considering adding it their regimen based on this discussion).

If someone who has a history of CVD or is at risk for a heart attack, that's a different story.

BTW my mother took aspirin for arthritis pain into her late 90's. She landed in the hospital a couple of time for bleeding from the stomach. Fortunately she lived a long life anyway, but there are real risks.

What could a daily aspirin dose be to achieve such a reduction in the risk of those two types of cancers? Hemorrhagic strokes sounds a bit scary, but I suppose that risk is much less or you (Rodney) would not be taking aspirin... is there any way of assessing the risk of that for a particular individual? // Ulf