RemedySpot.com

Fw: Cats & Dogs for Friday December 28, 2007

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Cats & Dogs for Friday December 28, 2007

Having trouble seeing this email? View the most recent issue or stories from previous issues.

More from ArcaMax.com!Funnies | Puzzle Games | Quizzes | Unsubscribe

Register For Ad-Free Newsletters

www.ArcaMax.com | News | Books | Comics | Games | Subscribe | My Account

Cats & Dogs

For JoyceFriday December 28, 2007 • Dog Breeds - Beagle • Three Key Ingredients to Raising Healthy Cats and Dogs • Religious News: Pope appeals for end to world conflict and Pilgrim influx to Bethlehem • Reader Photos

Beagle

A medium-sized breed and a member of the hound group, Beagle-type dogs have existed for over 5 centuries. Beagles are scent hounds used primarily for tracking deer, bear, and other game. They are ...Read more and see reader photosRead about other cat and dog breeds

Three Key Ingredients to Raising Healthy Cats and Dogs By Gallagher

If you are reading this today, you are a proud mom or pop of a darling animal that loves you unconditionally, doesn't talk back, is there when you need them and brings joy into your every day life. I, myself, am the human of two sweet kitties: Wellington and Lacie. They are the one constant in my life when things get tough and have endured a move each year including two Atlantic Coast trips. I love my babies and as a natural health and wellness professional and advocate I extend my natural health knowledge to maintain and improve the health of my pets. Diet, fish oil supplementation and other holistic and alternative therapies are essential to keeping your beloved pet healthy and happy. When I began researching about the pet food I was feeding my cats, I was alarmed by the finding. This is a very unregulated industry and the bi-products and chemicals are frightening. According to Dr. Pitcairn in his book, Dr. Pitcairn's Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats, there is no mandatory federal inspection of ingredients used in pet food manufacturing.In all but two or three states, the law allows pet food makers to use "4-D sources", that is tissues from animals that are dead, dying, disabled or diseased when they arrive at the slaughterhouse.Another shocking fact is that before meat even arrives at the rendering plant it has already been saturated with chemicals. To comply with government regulations all meat rejected by slaughterhouses must be "denatured"; a procedure designed to make it unpalatable to humans, thus ensuring it cannot be resold as human grade meat.There are a variety of methods used.Dr. Wendell Belfied, DVM (former USDA vet) wrote in "Let's Live" magazine:"In my time as a veterinary meat inspector, we denatured with carbolic acid (phenol, a potentially corrosive disinfectant) and/or creosote (used to preserve wood, also a disinfectant)." According to federal meat inspection regulations fuel oil, kerosene, carbolic acid and citronella are the approved denaturing materials used. Other foods rejected by the USDA that ends up in pet foods include moldy grains and rancid animal fats. According to an article in "Environmental News" (March '99) a large percentage of commercial pet food is made up of meat by-products: a toxic brew containing diseased and contaminated meat from slaughterhouses, animal heads, toenails, chicken feathers, feet and beaks.It also includes dead animals picked up from the nation's roads, rancid restaurant grease, and thousands of animals euthanized in animal hospitals and shelters (flea collars and all).Along with the meat come any drugs that have been introduced into the animals such as hormones, antibiotics and barbiturates used to put pets to sleep.Unsold supermarket meats arrive in their original Styrofoam and plastic packaging are tossed into the pot. It would be wonderful if we could all feed our animals an all-natural raw food diet, but for some the following alternatives will be very helpful. After further research and discussion with natural and holistic vets the best organic and natural pet foods are listed below. The following is not a complete list of all that is available but will give you some respected names: CANIDAECALIFORNIA NATURALPETGUARD LIFESPANSOLID GOLDPRECISESTEVES REAL FOODFLINT RIVER RANCHINNOVAWYSONGWELLNESSNATURAL BLENDSOJOURNER FARMS Fish oil or Pet Cod Liver Oil is essential for your dog and cat. It replenishes essential fatty acids- essential fatty acids - Fish Oil, Borage Oil and Natural Vitamin E - that are easily destroyed by the normal processing of commercial pet foods. Fatty acids are vital to the everyday health, skin and coat, heart and cardiovascular system, strong muscles and healthy stong joints. When I started to give Lacie and Wellie Nordic Naturals Pet Cod Liver Oil, their energy levels spiked, they stopped shedding as much and their fur is softer and shinier. A very close friend of mine is a holistic vet who conducts acupuncture on pets and mixes herbal remedies for sick animals speaks highly of massage treatment for your pet. Essential you can give your dog or kitty cat a highly effective massage that will help release toxins and ease muscle pain they may experience. Massage in general is great for moving and releasing the lymphatic system. You can massage your pet when watching tv or a movie or when grooming. They'll love the attention and it will also increase the bond between you and your pet. Keeping our pets healthy and happy further helps our own health as they give us so much joy and love that, in my fair opinion, we are the lucky bunch that comes home to a loving animal. ======== Gallagher is the founder and president of Healthy Being, LLC. For more details about Healthy Being Products please contact at melissa@... or visit our website at http://www.healthybeingproducts.com or purchase products online at: http://stores.ebay.com/healthybeingproducts Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=_Gallagher http://EzineArticles.com/?Three-Key-Ingredients-to-Raising... Comment on this Story | Printer Friendly | Send Story to a Friend | Top

Religious News: Pope appeals for end to world conflict and Pilgrim influx to Bethlehem

ArcaMax Publishing is now offering a free Religious News ezine, featuring the most interesting and significant events from around the world. >From the churches and temples to the important court cases and education issues -- you'll stay informed and up to date with this daily publication. Subscribe to this daily ezine instantly. While you are waiting for your first edition, here are some recent headlines: Pope appeals for end to world conflictPeace draws pilgrim influx to BethlehemJesus' birth called a political milestone -- From the ArcaMax editors

Today's Reader Submitted Photos

Click an image above to see full size and read caption.

To see more of our subscriber photos visit our full Photo Gallery.Enter your Cats & Dogs pictures so you can show them off to other readers right here in this ezine and on the ArcaMax.com Web site. Click here to submit your photo. Sincerely, ArcaMax Editors

Recent Stories Dog Breeds - Golden Retreiver How To Eliminate Your Cat Allergies - No More Sneezing, Wheezing or Itching Cat Breeds - Persian Dealing with Unpleasant Cat Odors Dog Breeds - German Shepherd More Archived Stories

More From ArcaMax Publishing

Newsletters: Comics - Knowledge - Lifestyles - News - More

Classic Books: Fiction - Non Fiction - Short Stories - Sci Fi - More

More: Quizzes - Sudoku - Crossword - Weather - Sports - Columns

Ad Free NewsletterArcaMax publications are now available in an "advertising-free" format.Please click here for details.

Quick Clicks

"Did you make $50,000 LAST MONTH?"

GOT INK? SAVE Up To 90% on Ink Cartridges 3 for 1 Pricing: Read more

World Wide Data Entry Workers Needed - Work At Home. Details here

Dream Job: Paid Surveys, Focus Groups at Home

RegistrySmart: 1-Click PC error diagnostics & repair. Try it free.

New Type-At-Home program: Start earning in 30 minutes - Anyone can

Why pay $90 a month for Cable or Sat.TV services? Download A TV!

Make sure this email gets to your inbox (and not your junk folder): just add ezines@... to your e-mail address book or safe list. Thank you!

ArcaMax Publishing, Inc. 729 Thimble Shoals Blvd. Suite 1-B Newport News, VA 23606 Fax: (757) 596-9731

ArcaMax Publishing is a leading publisher of family-friendly newsletters, featuring popular comics, games, feature columns and books by email. Thank you for reading the "Cats & Dogs" newsletter from the following email address: bjoyful@.... Please feel free to forward this email on to your friends! ADVERTISING With ArcaMax4.4 Million Active Subscriptions Permission email that pays - Get details today!

My Account

Unsubscribing

Advertiser's Directory

FAQ / Help

Contact the Editor

Manage your subscriptions, change your email address and more...

If you wish to no longer receive this newsletter only, please unsubscribe here. To unsubscribe from more than one list, go here.

Contact information for recent advertisers.Consumer Online Buying Guide: FTC Tips for shopping online

Answers to our most frequently asked questions.Contact Customer Service

Have a question or comment about an article you read in one of our ezines?

Copyright © 2007 ArcaMax Publishing, Inc. and its licensors.All registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.