RemedySpot.com

Re: How does St. Jude compare to Metronics ICD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

I am recovering from having a lead extraction and the implantation of a new Medtronic device. It was quite a procedure. Luckily the surgeon I had is one of the best in the US and probably the world.

It does get harder for your body to recover as you age. I hope I don't have to go through this again for a long while.

Sydney

How does St. Jude compare to Metronics ICD

-I just spent $300 having a replacement ICD implanted on 24 Fenb2012. The prior one lastsix years and one day. Hope the same for this one. Doc put in a St.Jude ICD. This one is a lot deeper so recovery been on the painfulside. This unit vibrates . My hearing is so bad I could hear thealert for low battery on the prior Metronic ICD.Ten days out I doing very good. No pain and most the Super Glue theyused to close me up is dropping off. Only thing I noticed when one issix years apart between procedures, you can feel the impact that agehas on you. I am 68 now., I wonder how replacement at 74 will impactme. Bet I will be downloading a lot more movies on Netflix to passthe time during recovery.--Craig man, P.E.craig.peterman@...Home 210.521.1291-- Craig man, P.E.craig.peterman@...Home 210.521.1291

Guest guest

Wow, so sorry but glad it's over and you are ok! I have to have it done next few months and afraid to extract old lead. I prob ask them to leave on and put new one. I am 61. May I ask if it was difficult because of procedure or just our age thing? Judi McIntosh, President/CEOSwimsational Swim School, LLCwww.swimsational.netOn Mar 7, 2012, at 1:20 PM, "Sydney" <konkontu2011@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am recovering from having a lead extraction and the implantation of a new Medtronic device. It was quite a procedure. Luckily the surgeon I had is one of the best in the US and probably the world.

It does get harder for your body to recover as you age. I hope I don't have to go through this again for a long while.

Sydney

-I just spent $300 having a replacement ICD implanted on 24 Fenb2012. The prior one lastsix years and one day. Hope the same for this one. Doc put in a St.Jude ICD. This one is a lot deeper so recovery been on the painfulside. This unit vibrates . My hearing is so bad I could hear thealert for low battery on the prior Metronic ICD.Ten days out I doing very good. No pain and most the Super Glue theyused to close me up is dropping off. Only thing I noticed when one issix years apart between procedures, you can feel the impact that agehas on you. I am 68 now., I wonder how replacement at 74 will impactme. Bet I will be downloading a lot more movies on Netflix to passthe time during recovery.--Craig man, P.E.craig.peterman@...Home 210.521.1291-- Craig man, P.E.craig.peterman@...Home 210.521.1291

Guest guest

Hi,

Where did you have this done?

Ruth

Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012

2:21 PM

Subject: Re: How does

St. Jude compare to Metronics ICD

Hi,

I am recovering from having a lead extraction and the

implantation of a new Medtronic device. It was quite a procedure.

Luckily the surgeon I had is one of the best in the US and probably the world.

It does get harder for your body to recover as you

age. I hope I don't have to go through this again for a long while.

Sydney

How does

-I just spent $300 having a replacement ICD implanted on 24 Fenb

2012. The prior one last

six years and one day. Hope the same for this one. Doc put in a St.

Jude ICD. This one is a lot deeper so recovery been on the painful

side. This unit vibrates . My hearing is so bad I could hear the

alert for low battery on the prior Metronic ICD.

Ten days out I doing very good. No pain and most the Super Glue they

used to close me up is dropping off. Only thing I noticed when one is

six years apart between procedures, you can feel the impact that age

has on you. I am 68 now., I wonder how replacement at 74 will impact

me. Bet I will be downloading a lot more movies on Netflix to pass

the time during recovery.

--

Craig man, P.E.

craig.peterman@...

Home 210.521.1291

--

Craig man, P.E.

craig.peterman@...

Home 210.521.1291

Guest guest

The lead extraction was done at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.

Sydney

Guest guest

Thank you all! Now that I thought a out it, maybe he said he has done over 1000 (meaning total) but I will definitely ask!Judi McIntosh, President/CEOSwimsational Swim School, LLCwww.swimsational.netOn Mar 8, 2012, at 1:14 PM, "Sydney" <konkontu2011@...> wrote:

The lead extraction was done at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.

Sydney

Guest guest

Hi Sydney,

I just noticed you named the city. My

doctor says there is a good one in Pittsburgh

who does it but I’m not sure how many he has done.

Ruth

Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012

2:15 PM

Subject: Re: How does

The lead extraction was done at Brigham and Women's Hospital

in Boston.

Sydney

-I just spent $300 having a replacement ICD implanted on 24 Fenb

2012. The prior one last

six years and one day. Hope the same for this one. Doc put in a St.

Jude ICD. This one is a lot deeper so recovery been on the painful

side. This unit vibrates . My hearing is so bad I could hear the

alert for low battery on the prior Metronic ICD.

Ten days out I doing very good. No pain and most the Super Glue they

used to close me up is dropping off. Only thing I noticed when one is

six years apart between procedures, you can feel the impact that age

has on you. I am 68 now., I wonder how replacement at 74 will impact

me. Bet I will be downloading a lot more movies on Netflix to pass

the time during recovery.

--

Craig man, P.E.

craig.peterman@...

Home 210.521.1291

--

Craig man, P.E.

craig.peterman@...

Home 210.521.1291

Guest guest

Hi Ruth,

You should investigate the doctor and be sure he has a lot of experience before you have the extraction done.

Sydney