RemedySpot.com

Re: lead extraction/Ruth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Ruth,

The surgery can take anywhere from 2 to 6 hours. I was on the table for a little over 3 hours. I am going for my post surgical exam this afternoon and I hope the unit is working normally and that I am healing well. With the surgeon that I was lucky enough to have only 5% of the patients end up with open-heart surgery, but it is a possibility. During removal the surgeon could make a small hole in the heart and then they have to open the chest, put you on by pass and repair the hole. They can not repair the hole when blood is flowing through it. If your surgeon is experienced and has a good track record - that should not happen.

Sydney

lead extraction

okay for those of you with the recalled lead have you had ti taken out when the icd needs replacement if so how long was it in and diod you have complications ???? is lead extractions risky ???? and has anyone in the indiana area had this done if so who don it and was thre problems?