RemedySpot.com

Re: St. Jude Riata lead

Rate this topic

Guest guest

,I am sorry to hear that you have the recalled St. Jude Riata defibrillating lead. I'd ask the doctor about his plan to prevent you from receiving inappropriate shocks in case of a lead failure. Also, ask him what should be YOUR strategy in case of an inappropriate shock storm.

The number 0.63% was put out by the company itself and is based on returned leads and reports from the field. So, I'd take that with a grain of salt. More here: http://www.massdevice.com/news/cardiovascular-leaders-huddle-riata-recall

Get informed, be proactive and demand your right to know.HugoOn Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM, H <wjsmom@...> wrote:

I just got a letter from my EP that my lead is part of an FDA recall. They are having me come in on the 25th for a fluoroscopy to see if there's any damage or anything. The odds for a problem are like .63%. Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts? Of course the leads are from the first ICD in 2007 and I had ICD replacement in 2010.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

When I had to get new leads in my heart, it was because the doctor picked up a problem when I had the icd checked, once in his office and once with my machine beside my bed that sends reports to him. Each time he said my lead was cracked or damaged, not sure what but I had to get new leads put in. And they also put in new defibrilators each time.

Ruth

St. Jude Riata lead

I just got a letter from my EP that my lead is part of an FDA recall. They are having me come in on the 25th for a fluoroscopy to see if there's any damage or anything. The odds for a problem are like .63%. Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts? Of course the leads are from the first ICD in 2007 and I had ICD replacement in 2010. Look forward to hearing from anyone.