RemedySpot.com

Re: Beware of Toxic Air Fresheners

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have one to add! A small bowl of ACV will work wonders. During the winter, sometimes the most delectable cooking odors become something (far) less appealing. Come morning, the onions and garlic that smelled so savory last night now seem much more akin to a well-used and badly cleaned locker room. I put a small bowl of ACV on the kitchen counter right after cooking, and my house does not offend me in the morning! (Unless the dogs have been filling the hallway with odors all their own)...

Ev

Open your windows - even just a crack during cold weather - for at least 30 minutes a day. Weather permitting, it's best to keep your windows open all the time, assuming that you don't live in a heavily polluted area.

Sprinkle baking soda on carpets before you vacuum. Keep a box of baking soda open in the room. Keep natural (preferably organic) potpourri in a bowl out in the open, or put into little sachets to keep around the house. Maintain a friendly gathering of indoor plants in your living and work spaces. Take the garbage and compost out every day.

Please share this article with friends and family members who use synthetic air fresheners in their cars, homes, and work places. And if you have any other ideas on how to keep these areas smelling fresh without using synthetic chemicals, please consider adding them to the comments section below. Thank you.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

If you are miserly, you can use white vinegar. A cookie sheet with it will even remove skunk smell from under your house.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiahttp://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.htmlaeranch@...

Re: Beware of Toxic Air Fresheners

I have one to add! A small bowl of ACV will work wonders. During the winter, sometimes the most delectable cooking odors become something (far) less appealing. Come morning, the onions and garlic that smelled so savory last night now seem much more akin to a well-used and badly cleaned locker room. I put a small bowl of ACV on the kitchen counter right after cooking, and my house does not offend me in the morning! (Unless the dogs have been filling the hallway with odors all their own)...

Ev

Open your windows - even just a crack during cold weather - for at least 30 minutes a day. Weather permitting, it's best to keep your windows open all the time, assuming that you don't live in a heavily polluted area.

Sprinkle baking soda on carpets before you vacuum. Keep a box of baking soda open in the room. Keep natural (preferably organic) potpourri in a bowl out in the open, or put into little sachets to keep around the house. Maintain a friendly gathering of indoor plants in your living and work spaces. Take the garbage and compost out every day.

Please share this article with friends and family members who use synthetic air fresheners in their cars, homes, and work places. And if you have any other ideas on how to keep these areas smelling fresh without using synthetic chemicals, please consider adding them to the comments section below. Thank you.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Speaking of onions. . .

Did you know that uf you dip your hands in very cold water before

peeling or cutting them your hands will be odor free afterwards?

The cold water closes the pores and keeps the aroma out.

Judith Alta and Oski

wrote:

I have one to add! A small bowl of

ACV will work wonders. During the winter, sometimes the most

delectable cooking odors become something (far) less appealing. Come

morning, the onions and garlic that smelled so savory last night now

seem much more akin to a well-used and badly cleaned locker room. I

put a small bowl of ACV on the kitchen counter right after cooking, and

my house does not offend me in the morning! (Unless the dogs have been

filling the hallway with odors all their own)...

Ev