RemedySpot.com

Looking for answers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Carol, I don't know why that every time I try to post a link, it doesn't work. I never had this problem before I got my new Dell computer $2,000. I am totally disgusted at this point...even the keyboard is hateful. Any way the website that you need to look at is: lifeenthusiast.com and they do have lots of good info there even some for Fibromyalgia. Just google Life Enthusiast sorry for all of the trouble. Anne

Pam, high protein diets are extremely hard

on the kidneys.  ’s kidneys can not handle any stress right now. He

needs fresh in-season whole foods. Nothing fancy or processed, just good

wholesome food.  Beyond that I would look into Essiac tea and urinary support

herbs, preferably from a reputable herbalist.  I have an uncle who has this

same type of cancer.  He has chemo flushes directly into his bladder every 3

months.  I am praying your does not have to do anything like that. 

Peruse the files and links on our home page and see if you can not make a plan

within your budget.  Remember, having a positive attitude goes a long way as

well, and this is true of any illness.

Janet

From: health [mailto:health ] On Behalf Of Pamela Hoffmaster

Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007

3:41 PM

health

Subject: Re:

Looking for Answers

Thank you

for the tips. has never used sugar or artificial sweetners except

what is unavoidable in processed foods. Neither or myself has eaten

any amount of carbs for approx. 3 years. We're trying to stay on a high protein

diet. Pam

Judith Alta

<listj-alta-k (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi Pam,

I cannot tell you what to do. I can only say what I would do in a

similar circumstance.

I would eat no processed foods of any kind, and especially no sugar or

artificial sweeteners. Cancers feed on sugars.

For sweetness stevia is great, I like the liquid or Sweet Leaf brand

packets.

Because of the carbohydrates I would not eat grains or fruit. Fresh or

frozen veggies, meat of all kinds, eggs, butter, cheese, etc.

No commercial milk because of the chemicals, pasteurization, etc. I find

coconut milk to be a good substitute. To make it approximately the

consistency of whole milk I mix it with equal parts of water and use it

just like cows milk. For cooking fats I use olive, coconut oil and beef

tallow.

The local meat market puts out beef suet for " birds " and I take it

home

(it's all human grade with no hormones) and put it in a 250 - 275 oven

until it's all squishy soft. Then I squeeze it out and pour it into pint

jars.

So far no great expense. Yes, organic when it is available and

affordable is preferred, but when it's not one has to make do with

what's available.

I believe that even the commercial meats are better for you than no

meats, because they do have nutrients that you can get nowhere else.

That's my tuppence.

Judith Alta and Oski

Pam wrote:

> Hi everybody. I am new to this but have been following the posts for

> several weeks now. I have been facing a myriad of health problems for

> almost 3 years now most seriously on Sept. 4 being diagnosed with a

> bladder tumor pushing against one of my kidneys. The biopsy showed the

> tumor to be an aggresive form of cancer and was surgically removed on

> Oct. 22. I understand that these things come back again and if not

> found soon enough I could end up having my bladder removed. Problem is

> I have not worked since Feb. 2005 due to being disabled in a work

> related accident. I am now permanently disabled and fighting for my

> Social Security benefits. (been denied 3 times).

>

> With interest I have been reading your posts and have seen references

> to a family advocate who is helping people like me. How do I find this

> Angel? I have now been forced to apply for welfare in order to receive

> medical coverage but the system in place is sketchy to say the least.

> I have been trying to read-up on natural medicines etc. to try to help

> myself and improve my chances of surviving this beast. I would

> appreciate any info on these natural cures that you could provide. I

> live in S.E. Pa. and do not have a lot of money to buy these products

> and would appreciate some guidance in that direction also. Thank You

>

>

Anne, it has to do with e-mail settings.

Your security is not set up to allow hyperlinks, or at least that is my best

guess.

Janet

Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007

11:18 AM

health

Subject:

Looking for answers

Carol,

I don't know why that every time I try to post a link, it doesn't

work. I never had this problem before I got my new Dell computer

$2,000. I am totally disgusted at this point...even the keyboard is

hateful.

Any way the website that you need to look at is: lifeenthusiast.com

and they do have lots of good info there even some for Fibromyalgia. Just

google Life Enthusiast sorry for all of the trouble.

Anne

.. Remember, our bodies need cholesterol to produce bile acids, hormones, and some cell structures. To meet these needs the body manufactures most of its own cholesterol. But some also enters the body via the food, derived from non-vegetable sources, we eat. Whatever way it gains a foothold in the body, eventually some of it enters the blood stream. Over a period of time cholesterol deposits accumulate on the arterial walls. While scientists are still debating about the true mechanism of arteriosclerosis, some believe that a defect in the body chemistry causes the accumulation of fatty acids, the main component of fats and oils. These fatty acids, in turn, are believed to be the raw material in the manufacture of cholesterol. Roughly two-thirds of the cholesterol found in the body is manufactured from these fatty acids. Controlling Cholesterol Through Diet Although the final verdict is not yet out, as a precaution, doctors say that we should try to keep the cholesterol level in our blood low. This can be done by avoiding the consumption of cholesterol containing foods. Because cholesterol is an animal product, not a product of the vegetable kingdom, this would entail, first, a reduction in the consumption of animal fats. Which animal fats? The most often cited culprits are the yellow part of eggs; butter fats such as those associated with butter, whole milk, cream, ice cream and cheese; fats associated with meats; and meats associated with brain and liver. While eating chicken, skin - which is 50% fat - should be avoided. Reduction of fat consumption not only helps in putting a lid on cholesterol production, but it also helps in controlling obesity and body weight; ounce for ounce, fat is packed with more than twice as many calories as carbohydrate or proteins. In any event, many experts believe that excessive fats

(animal as well as vegetable) are the single most important cause of disease in the U. S. A rule of thumb is to minimize from diet all fats that have a tendency to solidify at room temperature, because these fats contain the so-called saturated (saturated with hydrogen, that is) fatty acids, and they are believed to be one of the prime factors that influence the production of cholesterol. This suggests that red meats like beef, pork, and lamb head the list of foods to be avoided; poultry and fish are alright. Butter and butter derivatives occupy the next place in the infamous list. Apart from the animal fats, the most often cited culprits from the vegetable kingdom are the saturated fatty acids in palm oil and coconut oil; in fact these are 90% saturated compared to beef fat's 40%. Many processed foods, including non-dairy milk substitutes, contain these oils. So read the labels. Oils with mono-unsaturated fatty acids, such as olive, peanut,

almond, and avocado oils and those with poly-unsaturated fatty acids, such as Omega-6 (found in corn, sesame (til), safflower, sunflower and soybean oils are much better. What about margarines (vanaspatis) and shortenings? To answer this question, we have to understand that "saturation" refers to the amount of hydrogen in an oil's fatty acids. An unsaturated fatty acid can "take in" some more hydrogen atoms to become saturated. Margarine manufacturers take some inexpensive unsaturated oils and force hydrogen into them, a process called hydrogenation, until they become partially saturated. They do this because the solidified oils are easy to handle and can be stored longer. Also, during hydrogenation some oils lose any unpleasant odor they may have. In some countries, manufacturers use even deodorized fish oil or beef tallow as the raw material. Vegetarians, beware! Depending on the degree of saturation, which varies from 5% to 60%, the margarine will be soft or hard. If

naturally occurring saturated oils like coconut oil are bad, what can we say about inherently inferior oils that are artificially saturated? You be the judge. What about fish oils belonging to the Omega-3 category? Fish is supposed to be good if consumed as a diet, but fads like Omega-3 oil capsules will do more harm than good if not used under the supervision of a physician; their dosage could turn out to be toxic. It is widely accepted that fiber found in fruits, vegetables, cereals and grains is good for you in your battle with cholesterol. Fiber not only binds water thus promoting regularity, but it also helps indirectly. Many foods containing fiber also contain pectin, which binds to calcium in the body to form calcium pectate. This calcium pectate then combines with bile acids produced in the body, and makes the acids unavailable to do their duty in digesting dietary fat. The digestive system senses that there is a shortage of bile acid and goes to work.

It extracts the cholesterol molecules from the blood and converts them into bile molecules. That is how, one theory says, fiber helps in reducing cholesterol in blood. That's why it is especially important for meat-eaters to make sure they have their regular dose of vegetables. Beans like pinto, kidney, and navy; psyllium, a seed grain; oat and rice bran; unmilled and unpolished rice; and fruits are all good sources of soluble fiber. SuziJudith Alta <list@...> wrote: Before one quits eating red meat and eggs they should think about this:1. The immune system is built on cholesterol.2. Hormones are made from cholesterol.3. And, most importantly, the brain is mostly cholesterol.Judith Alta and Oski __________________________________________________Do You

?Tired of spam? has the best spam protection around http://mail.

Hi Pam...I don't know where you live in SE PA, but the advocate's name and

contact information has been listed in these messages about Gloria several

times. You can easily find them in the message archives. You may want to

contact her and see if she knows anyone in your area.

Sharyn

-----Original Message-----

[mailto:health ] On Behalf Of Pam

With interest I have been reading your posts and have seen references

to a family advocate who is helping people like me. How do I find this

Angel?

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.12/1098 - Release Date: 10/29/2007

9:28 AM

Sharyn, Pam has unsubbed.. Something about getting way too many emails a day... I have forwarded your message to her. Suzi"Sharyn E. Cerniglia" <sharyncern@...> wrote: Hi Pam...I don't know where you live in SE PA, but the advocate's name andcontact information has been listed in these messages about Gloria severaltimes. You can easily find them in the message archives. You may want tocontact her and see if she knows anyone in your area. __________________________________________________

If you are looking for a really good

keyboard that will last a long time, I invested in a Logitech G15 gaming

keyboard about 6 months ago and boy is it nice. It is not your cheap $20

keyboard, but has already paid for itself in performance. Perhaps Dell would

upgrade you to something similar.

Janet

Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007

4:20 PM

health

Subject: Re:

Looking for answers

Shari, I sometimes wish I

had my old PC back but it was soooo sloooow. I'm happy with some of the

Dell but just hate the keyboard. Wish I had my old one but it is gone

now. Boo Hoo. Think I'll call Dell tomorrow and ask for a new keyboard.

Anne

SV <shavigverizon (DOT) net>

wrote:

Interesting, I have a brand new Dell and haven't had one

lick of trouble and love the keyboard.

Shari

Gosh, Pam unsubbed. No judgment but the blessing came forth from

here when we all shared Gloria's updates. How many times do we ever

hear of Deb advocates out there. I don't think this lady even knows

what a good night's sleep has to be with all her " free " clients.

I hope Pam comes back and considers NO mail as I read from the list

2x or more daily this way. Wow.

Take care and thanks Suzi and Sharyn. I too have that contact

information for her.

hugs,

carolg

> Hi Pam...I don't know where you live in SE PA, but the

advocate's name and

> contact information has been listed in these messages about Gloria

several

> times. You can easily find them in the message archives. You may

want to

> contact her and see if she knows anyone in your area.

>

Thanks, Janet. Great idea and I'm gonna try that - see if Dell will upgrade or will investigate logitech. AnneJanet <dragonhealing@...> wrote: If you are looking for a really good keyboard that will last a long time, I invested in a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard about 6 months ago and boy is it nice. It is not your cheap $20 keyboard, but has already paid for itself in

performance. Perhaps Dell would upgrade you to something similar. Janet From:

health [mailto:health ] On Behalf Of Anne BirdSent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:20 PMhealth Subject: Re: Looking for answers Shari, I sometimes wish I had my old PC back but it was soooo sloooow. I'm happy with some of the Dell but just hate the

keyboard. Wish I had my old one but it is gone now. Boo Hoo. Think I'll call Dell tomorrow and ask for a new keyboard. AnneSV <shavigverizon (DOT) net> wrote: Interesting, I have a brand new Dell and haven't had one lick of trouble and love the keyboard. Shari

Pam said she was getting upwards of 40 mails per day... I told her she could go to no email and check it that way... I do with some of my other lists. Anyway any info you have you can forward to her at david_h267verizon (DOT) net if you choose.cgiambri <cgiambri@...> wrote: Gosh, Pam unsubbed. No judgment but the blessing came forth from here when we all shared Gloria's updates. How many times do we ever hear of Deb advocates out there. I don't think this lady even knows what a good night's sleep has to be with all her "free" clients. I hope Pam comes back and considers NO mail as I read from the list 2x or more daily this way. Wow.Take care and thanks Suzi and Sharyn. I too have that contact information for

her.hugs,carolg __________________________________________________