RemedySpot.com

Re: Expiration date

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, I make most of my own when I can.. and try to use everclear when I can get it cause it is much stronger... but sheesh, if the tincture is in alcohol and kept from the sun and heat it should last quite a long time. If exposed to sun and alot of temp changes (hot and cold) then yes it will become less potent quicker. I don't know when it was made so don't know how old it is... try it.. .if you see no results after a few times or more you'll know it is very old. What is the herb??Blua Birdo <bluabirdo@...> wrote: Hello,I have a doubt and I hope some of you can help me in this, please.I have an herbal tincture and the bottle says expiration date November 2007.What exactly does it mean? How accurate an expiration date is? Does it mean that if I use it now it can be harmful? Does it mean that it lost

its potency and became useless? Also, can I use it through November? The tincture is made in alcohol. __________________________________________________

Usually means it loses it’s potency

from that time forward. The alcohol itself is a preservative, so it probably

won’t hurt you.

Janet

Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007

12:07 PM

health

Subject:

Expiration date

Hello,

I have a doubt and I hope some of you can help me in this, please.

I have an herbal tincture and the bottle says expiration date November 2007.

What exactly does it mean? How accurate an expiration date is? Does it mean

that if I use it now it can be harmful? Does it mean that it lost its

potency and became useless? Also, can I use it through November? The

tincture is made in alcohol.

Thank you,

Rena

The herb is Guarana. It seems effective.

Re: Expiration date

Well, I make most of my own when I can.. and try to use everclear when I can get it cause it is much stronger... but sheesh, if the tincture is in alcohol and kept from the sun and heat it should last quite a long time. If exposed to sun and alot of temp changes (hot and cold) then yes it will become less potent quicker. I don't know when it was made so don't know how old it is... try it.. .if you see no results after a few times or more you'll know it is very old. What is the herb??Blua Birdo <bluabirdohotmail> wrote: Hello,I have a doubt and I hope some of you can help me in this, please.I have an herbal tincture and the bottle says expiration date November 2007.What exactly does it mean? How accurate an expiration date is? Does it mean that if I use it now it can be harmful? Does it mean that it lost its potency and became useless? Also, can I use it through November? The tincture is made in alcohol.

ok.. I know mine remain effective for years... or at least they still seem to work for people. Blua Birdo <bluabirdo@...> wrote: The herb is Guarana. It seems effective. Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. __________________________________________________

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

Is it a tincture or syrup or what? Tinctures will last and last, but syrups only last several weeks in the fridge.

Connie

Connie Young, LMT

www.LostRiverNaturals.com

Handcrafted, Homemade

Organic Herbal Goodness

$35 One Hour Massage

From: evergreengarden <evergreengarden@...>Subject: expiration datehealth Date: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 12:29 PM

Hello,

I would like some opinions about the accuracy of the expiration date of herbal formulas.

I have 2 bottles. One expired in 2006 and the other in February of this year. Both are ayurvedic formulas, were already open, but I kept them in the refrigerator and both seem to be ok.

What do you think? Can I still take them?

Thanks,

Rena

Guest guest

you need to give us some more info.. like acv base, alcohol, syrup, tincture etc.. and what it is too.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

From: evergreengarden <evergreengarden@...>Subject: expiration datehealth Date: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 11:29 AM

Hello,

I would like some opinions about the accuracy of the expiration date of herbal formulas.

I have 2 bottles. One expired in 2006 and the other in February of this year. Both are ayurvedic formulas, were already open, but I kept them in the refrigerator and both seem to be ok.

What do you think? Can I still take them?

Thanks,

Rena

Guest guest

"Oh, I forgot to say that they were capsules."

Well, they may appear "ok" but they are likely not effective past the expiration. I'd toss them and get some fresh ones!

What are the capsules for? Have you tried making your own herbal preparations? It's more fun, fresher and more effective.

:o)

Connie

Connie Young, LMT

Handcrafted, Homemade

Organic Herbal Goodness

$35 One Hour Massage

Guest guest

Rena,

Many Ayurvedic herbs are just your average herb with an Indian name. There are plenty of herbs for cleansing liver/blood/kidneys such as burdock and dandelion root and for clearing mucous, plantain is wonderful as is slippery elm and goldenseal.

Also check out www.bayanbotanicals.com for good quality, organic ayurvedic herbs.

Love,

Connie

Connie Young, LMT

Handcrafted, Homemade

Organic Herbal Goodness

$35 One Hour Massage

From: evergreengarden <evergreengarden@...>Subject: Re: expiration datehealth Date: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 7:04 PM

and much more difficult in many ways.

These are ayurvedic formulas and I don't have any idea where to find these herbs. One is for cleansing liver, the other for the kidneys, the other for helping eliminate mucus and the other for bowels.

I want to see if taking these I can help my system. I have been trying to eliminate some ovarian cysts which are filled with mucus. There's some stagnation. I eat well and I have been fasting regularly. Everything I do produces some improvement, but the main problem persists. So I keep trying and trying different avenues.

Rena

Re: [HAWK_Health_ Awareness] expiration date

"Oh, I forgot to say that they were capsules."

Well, they may appear "ok" but they are likely not effective past the expiration. I'd toss them and get some fresh ones!

What are the capsules for? Have you tried making your own herbal preparations? It's more fun, fresher and more effective.

:o)

Connie

Connie Young, LMT

www.LostRiverNatura ls.com

Handcrafted, Homemade

Organic Herbal Goodness

$35 One Hour Massage