RemedySpot.com

Menopause

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'd try Motherwort tincture for the hot flashes. Look for the flowering tops

tinctured in alcohol. Put a dropperful in a glass of water and sip it every

time you have a " power surge " .

Would highly recommend Susun Weed's Menopausal Years.

Belinda

I want to thank everyone that contributed to this thread with

suggestions to help my menopause symptoms. I especially like the links

as I did check out most of them, although Dr Lee's test was confusing. I

was both high and low in estrogen according to it.

Some of the suggestions I have tried before with limited or no results.

Other things I haven't tried and I'm looking into some of them. The DHEA

link was very informative. I had used it in the past but was unsure

about it. The info there shows that maybe I wasn't using enough.

Thanks again,

Carol K

>>>>I want to thank everyone that contributed to this thread with

suggestions to help my menopause symptoms. I especially like the links

as I did check out most of them, although Dr Lee's test was confusing. I

was both high and low in estrogen according to it.

----->carol, have you read dr. lee's book " What Your Doctor May Not Tell You

About Menopause " ? worth a read for any woman going through menopause, imo.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446671444/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/

102-9819151-5049735?v=glance & s=books & st=*

Suze Fisher

Lapdog Design, Inc.

Web Design & Development

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3shjg

Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader, Mid Coast Maine

http://www.westonaprice.org

----------------------------

" The diet-heart idea (the idea that saturated fats and cholesterol cause

heart disease) is the greatest scientific deception of our times. " --

Mann, MD, former Professor of Medicine and Biochemistry at Vanderbilt

University, Tennessee; heart disease researcher.

The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics

<http://www.thincs.org>

----------------------------

• 1 month later...

Hi Lynn,

Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil and/or progesterone cream? Both of

those have helped my PMS tremendously.

~ Fern

Menopause

> I think I'm hitting the first shockwave of menopause. I'm getting

> increased anxiety levels, depression (and both of the former feel

> hormonal/PMSy), hot flashes, and my formerly-clockwork periods are

> starting to waver all over the place.

>

> I try to do the following regularly:

> The 3 K's (Kefir, Kimchi, Kombucha) daily

>

> These I get at least a few times a week, I have a very hard time

taking

> pills:

> Food-based multi w/o iron

> Extra vit E

> Extra mag

> L-Carnitine (for heart)

> L-Taurine (ditto)

>

> Now and again (like once a week):

> Primal Defense

>

> I'm having to eat mostly commercial (though organic) eggs, dairy and

> meat, though I try to get the best I can and we do have some high

> quality pork. (We're just scraping by right now.) Suggestions?

>

> Oh, quick health update: After that amazing period of good health I

> had, which lasted less than a month, I crashed hard. Combination of

> weather change (fibromyalgia) and the holidays (more sugar/carbs

than

> are good for me). I'm feeling better these days but I'm not back

where

> I was, and now I've got these other things going on--which aren't

new

> except for the hot flashes, but were formerly limited to just before

> and during my period.

>

> Lynn S.

• 3 years later...

Very interesting read - thanks for posting that. May I forward it?

Ev

>A Natural Approach to Menopause

> Women certainly have many " Natural " options other than hormone drugs for

> relieving menopause symptoms. Be patient and understand that it took

> years

> to create a toxic imbalanced body and it will take some time working with

> foods to bring your body back to balance. Proper natural diet, regular

> exercise and whole food supplements can certainly help women take control

> of their own health.

I drank the tincture in tepid water, and

didn’t find it unpalatable.

Sharyn

health

[mailto:health ] On Behalf Of Janet

Motherwort is extremely bitter Ev, so plan

accordingly J

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.12/1096 - Release Date: 10/27/2007 11:02 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.12/1096 - Release Date: 10/27/2007 11:02 AM

Not something I would drink alot of but yeah, it's somewhat palatable. Suzi"Sharyn E. Cerniglia" <sharyncern@...> wrote: I drank the tincture in tepid water, and didn’t find it unpalatable. Sharyn Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been

discovered. __________________________________________________

Hi Ev,

Yes, you can forward that menopause article, as long as you leave

everything " as is " . Thanks,

Carol

>

> Very interesting read - thanks for posting that. May I forward it?

>

> Ev

>

Ten years prior to menopause I gave up all animal products. I never had a hot flash, not one. My mother suffered for years.

I know it was due to my diet. Never took any herbs, either.

Shari

Natural Menopauseby Annemarie Colbin, C.H.E.S. In spite of what we are told by the media and our doctors, menopause is not a disease, it is not caused by a deficiency, and it certainly does not need to be medicated out of existence. Menopause is that time of a woman’s life when her menstrual periods cease, and I would say most of us have no objection to being done with them. Menstruation ceases when the ovaries cut down on their estrogen production. This happens naturally to all women between the ages of about 45 and 55; it also happens to women who have had surgery to remove the ovaries at any age. As a woman’s ovarian estrogen production diminishes, certain symptoms appear. It is to deal with these symptoms that our clever scientific system

has come up with the notion that -- simple! -- all we need to do is correct the “deficiency” in estrogen and all older women’s problems will be solved. In fact, enough health problems are now being touted as solvable by estrogen replacement (osteoporosis, heart disease, mood swings) to suggest that if it weren’t for that confounded menopause, women would be disease-free, firm, tall, cheerful, and fertile well into their 90's. The fallacy of such thinking must be readily apparent to all who understand the natural order. It is natural and desirable for women to go into menopause. One of its main advantages is the tremendous sense of solidity and power that can come with the full acceptance of who we are at this time of life. And what about those pesky symptoms? Let’s remember that in most traditional societies, such as Japan, for example, women don’t experience these. In my observation, the societies where women do not suffer from

menopausal symptoms have one or more of the following in common: - They do not consume milk or milk products.- They do not consume refined carbohydrates.- Older women have a respected place in society, and their counsel is sought regularly. All the above are the opposite of what goes on in our own society. Not only do we consume cow’s milk (a hormone-related food, created by the cow’s own hormone system to feed her calf), but the cows are given extra hormones to make them produce more and more milk; thus we get a double whammy. We are regularly exposed to additives, pesticides, and other chemicals that mimic estrogens, and can affect our reproductive systems. In addition, older women in our society generally feel ignored, unwanted or disdained; rarely are they portrayed by the media as useful or able to contribute something valuable to society. And so it is that many of us will

suffer from menopausal symptoms one way or another. Fortunately, the unpleasant physical symptoms accompanying menopause can be prevented, ameliorated, or eliminated with non-drug approaches. Let’s take a look at the most common ones. HOT FLASHES. They can be worsened by stress, alcohol, coffee, or chocolate. Eliminating these can make an enormous difference! Of course, easier said than done. I know. Nevertheless, give it a try. Be strict for three or four weeks, then challenge yourself with one serving of coffee, alcohol, or chocolate, and see how you react. Try each one in turn, and soon you’ll know what to expect when you indulge. According to Chinese philosophy, hot flashes can also arise from “unused sexual energy” -- you’ll have to interpret that one yourself. Let’s not assume immediately that hot flashes are so bad for us. Maybe they’re

OK, even though uncomfortable. According to Christiane Northrup, MD, body heat kills disease cells, bacteria, and cancer cells. Maybe hot flashes are nature’s way of making a woman healthier! Estrogen replacement does cut down the severity and frequency of hot flashes, but at what cost? Enough studies have implicated it with cancer of the reproductive organs. From a nutrition viewpoint, the following have been of help to ease the discomfort:: Vitamin E, 400 IU twice day; soy foods (tofu, tempeh, soy milk) - one serving daily eliminating sugar, caffeine, alcohol Meditation, massage, acupuncture, homeopathy. To calm down a hot flash as it shows up: drink some Ice water. Avoid wool and synthetic clothes, using 100% cotton night clothes and

sheets. VAGINAL DRYNESS AND IRRITATION. Try local applications of flax seed, almond, walnut, or olive oil. Make sure there are enough essential fatty acids in your diet, by using these oils in salad dressings or on steamed vegetables. Eat also daily two or three tablespoons of sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts, or filberts. ACHES AND PAINS. Menopause or no menopause, for arthritis and general aches and pains in muscles and/or joints, look no further than the nightshades: potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, peppers (red, green, hot, jalapeño, poblano, chili, paprika, etc), and of course tobacco. These infamous and ubiquitous vegetables have been found by many to be directly related to such problems. Go without strictly for four months - then test and see how you react. In my experience, a low fat diet high in both nightshades and vinegar can cause trouble with the calcium

system. MOOD SWINGS AND FATIGUE. Again, these problems happen regardless of menopause. The worst dietary culprits are the following: A) Daily consumption of white, brown, and other refined sugars, including honey and maple syrup, especially in B) a vegetarian or otherwise low-protein diet; C) The regular use of artificial sweeteners, which are nerve toxins and can damage brain function. In addition, D) lack of sleep (seems obvious, but most of us are regularly sleep deprived). Stay in bed one weekend, with no TV! Tell your family it’s for your mental health, and have them bring

you breakfast in bed. Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been

discovered. __________________________________________________