top of it and boiling it? I thought mold would turn it into a stronger

ingredient and still have no change even if you poured it into a pot

and started it to boil, I have a candy thermoeter that I have no

inkling how to use yet? this maple syrup cost a pretty penny and I plan

to sweeten my coffee or tea (occassionally) and know that it will not

be used up yet for about a year,,upon opening it said to store it in

the refrig, thanks for any help

Rita

p.s. what nutritional value does maple have?

Hey Rita! Real, organic maple syrup, is an excellent source of manganese and a good source of zinc, snowwolf1779 <snowwolf1779@...> wrote: Hi Suzi and AllCould someone help me with this question, I brought alittle jug of maple syrup at the farmers market last week and proceeded to read the directions etc. I was surprised to read that maple syrup can be made to be fresh again after awhile ..if not used by spooning off the mold on top of it and boiling it? I thought mold would turn it into a stronger ingredient and still have no change even if you poured it into a pot and started it to boil, I have a candy thermoeter that I have no inkling how to use yet? this maple syrup cost a pretty penny and I plan to sweeten my coffee or tea (occassionally) and know that it will

not be used up yet for about a year,,upon opening it said to store it in the refrig, thanks for any help __________________________________________________

• 6 months later...
Guest guest

Here's a pretty thorough list: http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/legal/legal_illegal_a-c.htm

From: patriciak4him@...Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 21:54:00 -0400Subject: [ ] Maple syrup

I was able to get the gaps book from the library (I'm still waiting for mine from gut health)and I don't see anything listed about maple syrup. It's not on the legal or illegal list. Does anyone know if maple syrup is ok on the gaps diet.

Thanks,

Ann

Get Free (PRODUCT) REDâ„¢ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!

Guest guest

Dear ,

Thank you so much for the answer about maple syrup and also for the great list.

I found out that sour cream( which my family eats on occasion mixed with kefir cheese was also illegal.

The list will be really helpful.

Blessings to you,

Ann

-- [ ] Maple syrup

I was able to get the gaps book from the library (I'm still waiting for mine from gut health)and I don't see anything listed about maple syrup. It's not on the legal or illegal list. Does anyone know if maple syrup is ok on the gaps diet.

Thanks,

Ann

Guest guest

If you sour your own cream, it should be OK. But commercial brands have thickeners. We just use yogurt, made from cream.

From: patriciak4him@...Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 22:20:18 -0400Subject: RE: [ ] Maple syrup

Dear ,

Thank you so much for the answer about maple syrup and also for the great list.

I found out that sour cream( which my family eats on occasion mixed with kefir cheese was also illegal.

The list will be really helpful.

Blessings to you,

Ann

-- [ ] Maple syrup

Thanks,

Ann

Make Windows Vista more reliable and secure with Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Learn more.