RemedySpot.com

Re: I Need Some Input, Please!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I do... Calcium, magnesium and Vitamin D 3... (not d2 but D3)... twice a day. organic iron may be in order also.. possibly MSM too. I had a bone density test (first time)... she said it looked alright but I needed to start taking calcium, vit d3 (i added the magnesium)... I know MSM helps with arthritis also. Suzi autumn3scorpio <autumn3scorpio@...> wrote: Happy Day of Thanks and Gratitude, List!Here's my question to you all -Apparently my recent bone-density scan came back less than exemplary, and there was a message from my primary that I should make an appointment to come in and discuss WHICH medicine I should be on, right away!!Here's my problem with that - those meds scare

the beejesus out of me, and a person with very well managed fibromyalgia should be leery (IMO) of taking medications known for side effects including muscle stiffness, aches, etc.PLUS the fact that I only recently learned (here!) about HOW to take calcium and magnesium for optimum absorption in the body, so I tweaked the way I was taking it. But that's only been a couple weeks or so.Anyone have any opinions of the osteoporosis meds? Or any other things I can/should be doing to avoid the whole mess altogether?? Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

>

> I do... Calcium, magnesium and Vitamin D 3... (not d2 but D3)...

twice a day.

> organic iron may be in order also.. possibly MSM too.

> I had a bone density test (first time)... she said it looked

alright but I needed to start taking calcium, vit d3 (i added the

magnesium)... I know MSM helps with arthritis also.

>

> Suzi

Okay - I'm doing the magnesium already, which is why I tweaked the

WAY I take the calcium - and the calcium has Vitamin D - but what's

D3?

I was wondering if I should be doing it more times per day - is

there any ceiling on magnesium?

Ev - feeling MAHvelously ign'ant!!!

Vitamin D-3 also known as cholecalciferol vitamin D3 is three to ten times more potent than vitamin D2, and has more prolonged effects. I was told 400 mgs a day... autumn3scorpio <autumn3scorpio@...> wrote: --- In health , Suzanne Okay - I'm doing the magnesium already, which is why I tweaked the WAY I take the calcium - and the calcium has Vitamin D - but what's D3?I was wondering if I should be doing it more times per day - is there any ceiling on magnesium? Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Ev - avoid dairy and animal products at all costs. They turn your body acidic and leach the calcium from your bones for digestion.

Eat and preferable juice greens every day. Ideally you should consume 2# of greens per day.

Shari

I agree. Attached is a list of alkalizing and acid causing foods. Whenever possible, we substitute alkaline foods for the acid foods in meals and such. Peace, love, laughter Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try?SV <shavig@...> wrote: Ev - avoid dairy and animal products at all costs. They turn your body acidic and leach the calcium from your bones for digestion. Eat and preferable juice greens every day. Ideally you should consume 2# of greens per day. Shari .

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

>

> Ev - avoid dairy and animal products at all costs. They turn your

body acidic and leach the calcium from your bones for digestion.

>

> Eat and preferable juice greens every day. Ideally you should

consume 2# of greens per day.

>

> Shari

Thanks, Shari!

Ev

>

> I agree. Attached is a list of alkalizing and acid causing foods.

Whenever possible, we substitute alkaline foods for the acid foods in

meals and such.

>

> Peace, love, laughter

>

I couldn't open the attachment!

Ev

autumn3scorpio <autumn3scorpio@...> wrote: --- In health , I couldn't open the attachment!Ev . I will send a copy to your personal email as well..... ALKALIZINGVEGETABLESAlfalfaBarley GrassBeetsBeet GreensBroccoliCabbageCarrotCauliflowerCeleryChard GreensChlorellaCollard GreensCucumberDandelionsDulceEdible FlowersEggplantFermented VeggiesGarlicGreen BeansGreen PeasKaleKohlrabiLettuceMushroomsMustard GreensNightshade

VeggiesOnionsParsnips (high glycemic)PeasPeppersPumpkinRadishesRutabagaSea VeggiesSpinach, greenSpirulinaSproutsSweet PotatoesTomatoesWatercressWheat GrassWild GreensALKALIZINGORIENTAL VEGETABLESMaitakeDaikonDandelion RootShitakeKombuReishiNoriUmeboshiWakameALKALIZINGFRUITSAppleApricotAvocadoBanana (high glycemic)BerriesBlackberriesCantaloupeCherries, sourCoconut, freshCurrantsDates, driedFigs, driedGrapesGrapefruitHoneydew MelonLemonLimeMuskmelonsNectarineOrangePeachPearPineappleRaisinsRaspberriesRhubarbStrawberriesTangerineTomatoTropical FruitsUmeboshi PlumsWatermelonALKALIZINGPROTEINAlmondsChestnutsMilletTempeh (fermented)Tofu (fermented)Whey

Protein PowderALKALIZINGSWEETENERSSteviaALKALIZINGSPICES & SEASONINGSCinnamonCurryGingerMustardChili PepperSea SaltMisoTamariAll HerbsALKALIZINGOTHERApple Cider VinegarBee PollenLecithin GranulesMolasses, blackstrapProbiotic CulturesSoured Dairy ProductsGreen JuicesVeggie JuicesFresh Fruit JuiceMineral WaterAlkaline Antioxidant WaterALKALIZING MINERALSCesium: pH 14Potassium: pH 14Sodium: pH 14Calcium: pH 12Magnesium: pH 9Although it might seem that citrus fruits would have an acidifying effect on the body, the citric acid they contain actually has an alkalinizing effect in the system. ACIDIFYINGVEGETABLESCornLentilsOlivesWinter SquashACIDIFYINGFRUITSBlueberriesCanned or Glazed

FruitsCranberriesCurrantsPlums**Prunes**ACIDIFYINGGRAINS, GRAIN PRODUCTSAmaranthBarleyBran, wheatBran, oatCornCornstarchHemp Seed FlourKamutOats (rolled)OatmealQuinoaRice (all)Rice CakesRyeSpeltWheatWheat GermNoodlesMacaroniSpaghettiBreadCrackers, sodaFlour, whiteFlour, wheatACIDIFYINGBEANS & LEGUMESBlack BeansChick PeasGreen PeasKidney BeansLentilsPinto BeansRed BeansSoy BeansSoy MilkWhite BeansRice MilkAlmond MilkACIDIFYINGDAIRYButterCheeseCheese, ProcessedIce CreamIce MilkACIDIFYINGNUTS & BUTTERSCashewsLegumesPeanutsPeanut ButterPecansTahiniWalnutsACIDIFYINGANIMAL PROTEINBaconBeefCarpClamsCodCorned

BeefFishHaddockLambLobsterMusselsOrgan MeatsOysterPikePorkRabbitSalmonSardinesSausageScallopsShrimpScallopsShellfishTunaTurkeyVealVenisonACIDIFYINGFATS & OILSAvacado OilButterCanola OilCorn OilHemp Seed OilFlax OilLardOlive OilSafflower OilSesame OilSunflower OilACIDIFYINGSWEETENERSCarobSugarCorn SyrupACIDIFYINGALCOHOLBeerSpiritsHard LiquorWineACIDIFYINGOTHER FOODSCatsupCocoaCoffeeVinegarMustardPepperSoft DrinksACIDIFYINGDRUGS & CHEMICALSAspirinChemicalsDrugs, MedicinalDrugs, PsychedelicPesticidesHerbicidesTobaccoACIDIFYINGJUNK FOODCoca-Cola: pH 2Beer: pH 2.5Coffee: pH 4** These

foods leave an alkaline ash but have an acidifying effect on the body. UNKNOWN:There are several versions of the Acidic and Alkaline Food chart to be found in different books and on the Internet. The following foods are sometimes attributed to the Acidic side of the chart and sometimes to the Alkaline side. Remember, you don't need to adhere strictly to the Alkaline side of the chart, just make sure a good percentage of the foods you eat come from that side.

AsparagusBrazil NutsBrussel SproutsBuckwheatChickenCornCottage CheeseEggsFlax SeedsGreen TeaHerbal TeaHoneyKombuchaLima Beans Maple SyrupMilkNutsOrganic Milk(unpasteurized)Potatoes, whitePumpkin SeedsSauerkrautSoy ProductsSprouted SeedsSquashesSunflower SeedsYogurt

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

I second the suggestion about avoiding dairy and meat, plus exercise,

exercise, exercise! I have a rebounder that I use every day that I

can't go outside to walk. I also take a supplement that has the

bone-active red yeast rice (most red yeast rice is suggested for

lowering cholesterol, so make sure you read the label).

Carol

--- In health , " Carol " <carol@...>

wrote:

>

> I second the suggestion about avoiding dairy and meat, plus exercise,

> exercise, exercise! I have a rebounder that I use every day that I

> can't go outside to walk. I also take a supplement that has the

> bone-active red yeast rice (most red yeast rice is suggested for

> lowering cholesterol, so make sure you read the label).

>

> Carol

~~~~Exercise, I got! I walk 3 German Shepherds for 2 miles daily,

ride my horse when I can (2-7 times weekly), and my bike when time and

weather permit. Having horses includes shifting hay bales, too, which

can weigh anywhere from 35 to 70 pounds.

Having 3 German Shepherds includes having them on leash at times -

which means I have over 200 pounds on one hand, and sometimes they

forget they aren't pulling a chariot (although I have been

tempted...). They are quite committed to assisting me with resistance

training!!

I understand ~some~ of the meat issues, but one cannot help but wonder

what all the long-ago older women in far northern climates, with their

heavily meat-oriented diets, did to survive menopause...

Ev

My sister relies very heavily on Dr Mishra, an Aurvedic doctor. He told her

she needed some meat in her diet for her heart and other organs. I asked why

he is a vegetarian and she needs meat? The answer was that his family had

been vegetarians for many generations so the bodies had adapted to

vegetarianism. Hers had not, thus needed meat to function properly.

Take this as it is offered - just an idea.

Gayla

Always Enough Ranch

Acampo, California

http://bouncinghoofs.com/alwaysenough.html

aeranch@...

>

> My sister relies very heavily on Dr Mishra, an Aurvedic doctor. He

told her

> she needed some meat in her diet for her heart and other organs. I

asked why

> he is a vegetarian and she needs meat? The answer was that his

family had

> been vegetarians for many generations so the bodies had adapted to

> vegetarianism. Hers had not, thus needed meat to function properly.

>

> Take this as it is offered - just an idea.

> Gayla

Thanks, Gayla.

I do believe that different people do well with different things. I

don't know so much about ~why~ this is so, but really, I don't know

that I think it matters!

One way or another, it seems that my body is changing with

menopause, and I should do some tweaking to the diet.

How it will settle out is yet to be determined, but I appreciate all

the information everyone is sharing with me. It makes it easier to

try this and that.

Ev

Ev,

What I think of most meds cannot be said in polite company, such as this

list.

Judith Alta

autumn3scorpio wrote:

> Happy Day of Thanks and Gratitude, List!

>

> Here's my question to you all -

>

> Apparently my recent bone-density scan came back less than

> exemplary, and there was a message from my primary <sigh> that I

> should make an appointment to come in and discuss WHICH medicine I

> should be on, right away!!

>

> <double sigh>

>

> Here's my problem with that - those meds scare the beejesus out of

> me, and a person with very well managed fibromyalgia should be leery

> (IMO) of taking medications known for side effects including muscle

> stiffness, aches, etc.

>

> PLUS the fact that I only recently learned (here!) about HOW to take

> calcium and magnesium for optimum absorption in the body, so I

> tweaked the way I was taking it. But that's only been a couple

> weeks or so.

>

> Anyone have any opinions of the osteoporosis meds? Or any other

> things I can/should be doing to avoid the whole mess altogether??

>

> Thanks, y'all, and have a GRAND day!!

>

> Ev

>

>

Who you callin' "polite"????? GuidoJudith Alta K <list@...> wrote: Ev,What I think of most meds cannot be said in polite company, such as this list.Judith Alta .

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I love a women with........ Oh, you said "of", not "with". My bad. GuidoSV <shavig@...> wrote: Ah, Judith a woman of restraint, unlike myself! And a woman of like thinking!!! Thanks, Shari .

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside . See how.

Because back then (at least when I was little) we didn't have all the chemicals in meat, we didn't have all the fast foods, and boxed dinners... Mom cooked from scratch... Food was alot different back then. Suziautumn3scorpio <autumn3scorpio@...> wrote: I understand ~some~ of the meat issues, but one cannot help but wonder what all the long-ago older women in far northern climates, with their heavily meat-oriented diets, did to survive menopause...Ev

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside . See how.