RemedySpot.com

Calming dish, not raw but good

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Anyone got a good sub for butter?? I use real butter now. Suzi Here is a great calming dish that you can serve as dessert in the evening. VERMONT BANANAS 4 bananas, ripe but firm1 T unsalted butter1 T organic maple syrup2 T water 1. Peel the bananas, and cut them once in half across, then each piece in half again lengthwise. 2. Melt the butter, and pour into a 9x14 baking pan. Arrange the bananas in it, turning once to get a little butter on the other side. 3. Mix the water and maple syrup, and drizzle over the bananas. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the bananas soften. Serve 3 pieces per person. Makes 4 servings.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

I hardly use butter anymore at all but instead use coconut oil. Really good for you.

Anne

Anyone got a good sub for butter?? I use real butter now.

Suzi

Here is a great calming dish that you can serve as dessert in the evening.

VERMONT BANANAS

4 bananas, ripe but firm1 T unsalted butter1 T organic maple syrup2 T water

1. Peel the bananas, and cut them once in half across, then each piece in half again lengthwise.

2. Melt the butter, and pour into a 9x14 baking pan. Arrange the bananas in it, turning once to get a little butter on the other side.

3. Mix the water and maple syrup, and drizzle over the bananas. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the bananas soften. Serve 3 pieces per person. Makes 4 servings.

I use coconut oil special to spray on a pan if it's needed. For instance, yesterday I made a lentil loaf in the oven.

Just in case someone is interested, it contained:

lentils (half a package, previously soaked and cook)

brown rice (half a cup already cook)

1 raw carrot

1 raw onion

1 raw red bit

1 raw tomato

a piece of ginger raw

2 raw celery sticks

some green olives

spices

half a cup of oat bran to glue everything

I pureed the vegetables in the food processor, mixed everything and packed it in a pan and left it in the oven for about an hour.

Rena

Anyone got a good sub for butter?? I use real butter now.

Suzi

Here is a great calming dish that you can serve as dessert in the evening.

VERMONT BANANAS

4 bananas, ripe but firm1 T unsalted butter1 T organic maple syrup2 T water

1. Peel the bananas, and cut them once in half across, then each piece in half again lengthwise.

2. Melt the butter, and pour into a 9x14 baking pan. Arrange the bananas in it, turning once to get a little butter on the other side.

3. Mix the water and maple syrup, and drizzle over the bananas. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the bananas soften. Serve 3 pieces per person. Makes 4 servings.

I'm with you, I use coconut butter for almost everything and when I can't I use Tehama Gold olive oil. Whip together coconut oil and o.o. for a dandy spread, add a bit of fresh garlic and it's wonderful!

Shari