RemedySpot.com

Re: Taking herbs or herbal preparations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

With echinacea yes... I think everyone should take a break from herbs they are taking regularly... for example on 2-3 wks on then off a week.. echinacea is 2 wks on 1 wk off.. Your body is a marvelous tool.. it needs time to work on it's own also... Herbs etc help it and then it needs to help itself. Some herbs you can go a month and then break a week.. Now foods, is a different story.. I've seen people take Super tonic almost forever... but I still personally believe in taking a break on all. Suziearthmother1111 <pink627@...> wrote: I've been told that if you take herbs for a long period of time, theireffectiveness will slowly diminish and that one should "take a break"occasionally or switch to another herb for a short time. Does anyoneknow if this is

true?

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

Coming from a legal background, I hesitate to say that something is "true" or that there is "proof". Having said that, I have seen and experienced "evidence" that it indeed may be valid. But the same is said of advil, rolaids, prevacid, prozac, and most any "additional" suppliment. I have found for myself and those in my care that taking something, in our case all natural of course, should be done on an on-again-off-again basis. There are so many natural methods that achieve similar results that it is easy to switch from one to the other when time runs out. Hope this helps åéñÞíç, áãÜðç, ãÝëéï earthmother1111 <pink627@...> wrote: I've been told that if you take herbs for a long period of time, theireffectiveness will slowly diminish and that one should "take a break"occasionally or switch to another herb for a short time. Does anyoneknow if this is true? .

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

Yes, I have taken a break when using any particular herb over a period.

-- In health , " earthmother1111 "

<pink627@...> wrote:

>

>

> I've been told that if you take herbs for a long period of time, their

> effectiveness will slowly diminish and that one should " take a break "

> occasionally or switch to another herb for a short time. Does anyone

> know if this is true?

>

Yes, it is, and the same happens with everything.

Rena

Taking herbs or herbal preparations

I've been told that if you take herbs for a long period of time, theireffectiveness will slowly diminish and that one should "take a break"occasionally or switch to another herb for a short time. Does anyoneknow if this is true?