RemedySpot.com

Re: Eustachian Tube Problem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Are you warming the oil? I use the garlic, mullein olive oil... after I put the drops in and lay with my ear upward for a minute or two.. I then will lay on a heating pad on low for a while when it is real painful... of course I haven't had one in years.. Got any heat massage oil .that you could apply behind and below the ear.. Don't know for sure if this will help.. but it might.. (I'd try it if it were me... any port in a storm ..thing) Here is what i have on file. Self-care If your eardrum does not contain a tube or have a hole in it, these self-care measures may help you remove excess earwax that's blocking your ear canal: Soften the wax. Use an eyedropper to apply a few drops of olive oil, mineral oil, glycerin or hydrogen peroxide in your ear canal twice a day for no more than four to five days.

This will soften the wax. Lay your head on it's side and apply a few drops. Use warm water. After a day or two when the wax is softened, use a rubber-bulb syringe to gently squirt warm water into your ear canal. Tilt your head and pull your outer ear up and back to straighten your ear canal. When finished irrigating, tip your head to the side to let the water drain out. Dry your inner ear. When finished, dry your outer ear with a towel or a hand-held hair dryer. Dry your ear canal by applying one full eyedropper of rubbing alcohol, then tip your head to the side to drain the alcohol. However, do this only if your doctor advises it. If you have a hole in your eardrum or a sore in your ear canal, the alcohol can be painful and may even damage the inner ear, affecting your hearing and balance. You may need to repeat this wax-softening and irrigation

procedure several times before the excess earwax falls out. However, the softening agents may only loosen the outer layers of the wax. If your symptoms don't improve after a few treatments, see your doctor. Earwax removal kits available in stores also can be effective at removing wax buildup. If you're unsure which one is right for you, ask your doctor for advice on how to properly use other earwax-removal methods. Don't try to dig it outNever attempt to dig out excessive or hardened earwax with items such as a paper clip, a cotton swab or a hairpin. You may push the wax farther into your ear and cause serious damage to the lining of your ear canal and even to your eardrum. deuteronomy2929 <deuteronomy2929@...> wrote: Boy do

I have them! So does my Son-In-Law. We each have an ear thatjust won't unplug, is extremely painful from eye to ear to jaw to throat.I've researched online, and most "home remedies" involve simplyyawning, chewing gum, taking Pseudophed, jumping up and down, etc.I've been taking two cloves of garlic twice a day, will up to fourtimes a day. And have some mullein (sp?) that I can add with garlicand olive oil for drops (will make today).Any other suggestions? Budget and time are major considerations at themoment, but all suggestions welcome. Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Have you ever done ear candling?

, BS.HT

Board Certified Holistic Practitioner

www.SignificantHealing.com

www.ZeoliteExpert.com

859-801-1730

>

> Boy do I have them! So does my Son-In-Law. We each have an ear that

> just won't unplug, is extremely painful from eye to ear to jaw to

throat.

>

> I've researched online, and most " home remedies " involve simply

> yawning, chewing gum, taking Pseudophed, jumping up and down, etc.

>

> I've been taking two cloves of garlic twice a day, will up to four

> times a day. And have some mullein (sp?) that I can add with garlic

> and olive oil for drops (will make today).

>

> Any other suggestions? Budget and time are major considerations at

the

> moment, but all suggestions welcome.

>

> Oh, and Suzi, remember that for some reason my email inbox

does

> not show any posts you make to the list (mine either for that

matter),

> only those sent directly from you (or me) to my regular email

address.

> But I will check the list's home site for any posts from you.

>

> Thanks in advance, all!!

>

> Peace, love, laughter

>

>

-

Does anyone around you smoke cigarettes? Have someone light a

cigarette, take a big puff and blow the smoke very slowly into your

ear (no kidding!) A blow dryer on low speed might work, too. My

grandmother used to use the cigarette trick on all the grandkids;

I've used the warm blow dryer on my kids ears and it seemed to do the

same thing. :-)

Have you tried Bentonite Clay (by mouth) or maybe some Colloidal

Silver drops in the ear?

>-- In

><mailto:health%40>health@grou\

ps.com,

> " deuteronomy2929 "

><deuteronomy2929@...> wrote:

> >

> > Boy do I have them! So does my Son-In-Law. We each have an ear that

> > just won't unplug, is extremely painful from eye to ear to jaw to

>throat.

> >

> > I've researched online, and most " home remedies " involve simply

> > yawning, chewing gum, taking Pseudophed, jumping up and down, etc.

> >

> > I've been taking two cloves of garlic twice a day, will up to four

> > times a day. And have some mullein (sp?) that I can add with garlic

> > and olive oil for drops (will make today).

> >

> > Any other suggestions? Budget and time are major considerations at

>the

> > moment, but all suggestions welcome.

> >

> > Oh, and Suzi, remember that for some reason my email inbox

>does

> > not show any posts you make to the list (mine either for that

>matter),

> > only those sent directly from you (or me) to my regular email

>address.

> > But I will check the list's home site for any posts from you.

> >

> > Thanks in advance, all!!

> >

> > Peace, love, laughter

> >

> >

, What does the cigarette smoke do for the ear?? I'm sitting here trying to keep composed but chuckling under my breath about taking a toxin so that we can cure without taking a pharmacutical.... (sorry)... Anyway, explain blowing the smoke in the ear. Suzi Landes <L@...> wrote: -Does anyone around you smoke cigarettes? Have someone light a cigarette, take a big puff and blow the smoke very slowly into your ear (no kidding!) A blow dryer on low speed might work, too. My grandmother used to use the cigarette trick on all the grandkids; I've used the warm blow dryer on my kids ears and it seemed to do the same thing. :-)

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Suzi -

I don't have a clue what the smoke would or wouldn't do :-) My

grandmother used to do this to the grandkids that had ear infections, but

she also ran out to the backyard shed one night and stuck her hand in a

can of kerosene when she cut it wide open while butchering a hog.

(That hand healed in like two weeks and didn't leave a scar,

either). I can also remember being 6 or 7 and being sick with the

flu, laying on her couch with a sock soaked in camphor pinned around my

neck and a hot toddy with more whiskey in it than anything being forced

down my throat. :-)

What is crazy, is, when I got married I was at my in-laws one weekend and

my SIL was there with her kids and one of them was crying with an ear

infection. It was Sunday and her mother didn't know what to do, we

were waaaay out in the country and of course it was Sunday and no medical

clinic was open. My FIL picked my niece up, laid her across his

lap, lit a cigarette and started blowing the smoke in her ear. I

almost hit the floor and asked him where he learned that trick. He

said his mother used to do it all the time (there were 7 or 8 kids in his

family)

SO ... my grandmother was like 80% Cherokee, my FIL's mother was a full

blooded Apache, so maybe it's something the Indians did?

ROFL!! Oh, I am laughing now, too, just thinking about it, but it

is the honest truth :-)

At 03:04 PM 1/25/2008, you wrote:

What does the cigarette smoke do for the ear?? I'm sitting

here trying to keep composed but chuckling under my breath about taking a

toxin so that we can cure without taking a pharmacutical....

(sorry)...

Anyway, explain blowing the smoke in the ear.

Suzi

Landes <L@...> wrote:

-

I know about the kerosene, motor oil etc.. that's a farmer's trick, I think.. my DH uses that.. but never heard of the cigarette.... yes, it does get funny when you put it all together... but hey try any thing...(almost) Landes <L@...> wrote: Suzi -I don't have a clue what the smoke would or wouldn't do :-) My grandmother used to do this to the grandkids that had ear infections, but she also ran out to the backyard shed one night and stuck her hand in a can of kerosene when she cut it wide open while butchering a hog. (That hand healed in like two weeks and didn't leave a scar, either). I can also remember being 6 or 7 and being sick with the flu, laying on her couch with a sock soaked in camphor pinned around my neck and a hot toddy with more whiskey in it than anything being

forced down my throat. :-) What is crazy, is, when I got married I was at my in-laws one weekend and my SIL was there with her kids and one of them was crying with an ear infection. It was Sunday and her mother didn't know what to do, we were waaaay out in the country and of course it was Sunday and no medical clinic was open. My FIL picked my niece up, laid her across his lap, lit a cigarette and started blowing the smoke in her ear. I almost hit the floor and asked him where he learned that trick. He said his mother used to do it all the time (there were 7 or 8 kids in his family)SO ... my grandmother was like 80% Cherokee, my FIL's mother was a full blooded Apache, so maybe it's something the Indians did? ROFL!! Oh, I am laughing now, too, just thinking about it, but it is the honest truth :-) At 03:04 PM 1/25/2008, you wrote: ,What does the cigarette smoke do for the ear?? I'm sitting here trying to keep composed but chuckling under my breath about taking a toxin so that we can cure without taking a pharmacutical.... (sorry)...Anyway, explain blowing the smoke in the ear.Suzi Landes <L@...> wrote: - Does anyone around you smoke cigarettes? Have someone light a cigarette, take a big puff and blow the smoke very slowly into your ear (no kidding!) A blow dryer on low speed might work, too. My grandmother used to use the cigarette trick on all the grandkids; I've used the warm blow dryer on my kids ears and it seemed to do the same thing. :-) Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

This may explain it…the Native

Americans smoked *real* tobacco

originally, not the stuff that is sold in cigarettes today, full of addictive

additives (like that alliteration?<BG>). Pure tobacco as a natural

plant probably has some healing qualities.

Sharyn

health

[mailto:health ] On Behalf Of Landes

SO ... my grandmother was like 80% Cherokee, my FIL's mother was a full blooded

Apache, so maybe it's something the Indians did? ROFL!! Oh, I am

laughing now, too, just thinking about it, but it is the honest truth

Sharyn -

That makes more sense than anything! :-) Thanks for the heads

up, I hadn't thought about it that way.

At 03:35 PM 1/25/2008, you wrote:

This may explain it…the Native Americans

smoked *real* tobacco originally, not the stuff that is sold in

cigarettes today, full of addictive additives (like that

alliteration?<BG>). Pure tobacco as a natural plant probably

has some healing qualities.

Yup. Actually, that was my first thought. When I was in prison we did a version of ear candling. One person would blow slowly hot cig smoke into the affected person's ear to loosen the wax.Anyway, today I made some garlic/mullien/olive oil drops. Just finished my first application, and it feels so much better!Peace, love, laughter" , BS.HT" <victoria@...> wrote: Have you ever done ear candling?

Hi ,No, no smokers allowed near us!!! but I like the blow dryer idea. Very ingenious!!! My daughter suggested C. Silver, and she's not even really all that sold on natural methodologies. If the drops I made don't work, I'll try the dryer next, then the Silver.Thanks for the input! You guys ROCK!!!!Peace, love, laughter Landes <L@...> wrote: -Does anyone around you smoke cigarettes? Have someone light a cigarette, take a big puff and blow the smoke very slowly into your ear (no

kidding!) A blow dryer on low speed might work, too. My grandmother used to use the cigarette trick on all the grandkids; I've used the warm blow dryer on my kids ears and it seemed to do the same thing. :-) Have you tried Bentonite Clay (by mouth) or maybe some Colloidal Silver drops in the ear?

Interestingly, when I was a child, in another country, I attended a summer camp. I had one ear clogged with wax, but the doctor said it was an ear infection. The father of a friend who went to visit proposed to smoke in my ear. I didn't dare. Now, after reading these messages, I guess that this practice runs in the folk medicine of many countries.

Rena

Re: Re: Eustachian Tube Problem

Suzi -I don't have a clue what the smoke would or wouldn't do :-) My grandmother used to do this to the grandkids that had ear infections, but she also ran out to the backyard shed one night and stuck her hand in a can of kerosene when she cut it wide open while butchering a hog. (That hand healed in like two weeks and didn't leave a scar, either). I can also remember being 6 or 7 and being sick with the flu, laying on her couch with a sock soaked in camphor pinned around my neck and a hot toddy with more whiskey in it than anything being forced down my throat. :-) What is crazy, is, when I got married I was at my in-laws one weekend and my SIL was there with her kids and one of them was crying with an ear infection. It was Sunday and her mother didn't know what to do, we were waaaay out in the country and of course it was Sunday and no medical clinic was open. My FIL picked my niece up, laid her across his lap, lit a cigarette and started blowing the smoke in her ear. I almost hit the floor and asked him where he learned that trick. He said his mother used to do it all the time (there were 7 or 8 kids in his family)SO ... my grandmother was like 80% Cherokee, my FIL's mother was a full blooded Apache, so maybe it's something the Indians did? ROFL!! Oh, I am laughing now, too, just thinking about it, but it is the honest truth :-) At 03:04 PM 1/25/2008, you wrote:

,What does the cigarette smoke do for the ear?? I'm sitting here trying to keep composed but chuckling under my breath about taking a toxin so that we can cure without taking a pharmacutical.... (sorry)...Anyway, explain blowing the smoke in the ear.Suzi Landes <L@....com> wrote:

-

Put a warm washcloth in a styrofoam cup and place over your ear to create a seal. It should cause a suction that will relieve your clog. That's what we used to do for people who couldn't clear their ears while in flight.

Shari

my ears used to be super plugged up as you describe. I tried

vboth things successfully. One was the warning that I need green

powder and it immediately opened up the ears. The other was my

chiro. has a technique, gone now for here, and he put his fingers

down my throat with a tool, like a razor and it opened up my ear.

No kidding...it was amazing.....maybe an allergic reaction to

something and it closes up the tube.

How about ear candles? It was a temporary fix.

hugs,

carolg, your sister close by...

> > >

> > > Boy do I have them! So does my Son-In-Law. We each have an ear

that

> > > just won't unplug, is extremely painful from eye to ear to jaw

to

> >throat.

> > >

> > > I've researched online, and most " home remedies " involve simply

> > > yawning, chewing gum, taking Pseudophed, jumping up and down,

etc.

> > >

> > > I've been taking two cloves of garlic twice a day, will up to

four

> > > times a day. And have some mullein (sp?) that I can add with

garlic

> > > and olive oil for drops (will make today).

> > >

> > > Any other suggestions? Budget and time are major

considerations at

> >the

> > > moment, but all suggestions welcome.

> > >

> > > Oh, and Suzi, remember that for some reason my email

inbox

> >does

> > > not show any posts you make to the list (mine either for that

> >matter),

> > > only those sent directly from you (or me) to my regular email

> >address.

> > > But I will check the list's home site for any posts from you.

> > >

> > > Thanks in advance, all!!

> > >

> > > Peace, love, laughter

> > >

> > >

>

That's a great suggestion, Shari! I'll let you know how it works.Peace, love, laughterSV <shavig@...> wrote: Put a warm washcloth in a styrofoam cup and place over your ear to create a seal. It should cause a suction that will relieve your clog. That's what we used to do for people who couldn't clear their ears while in flight. Shari

I'd like to try ear candling, if for nothing else than for the experience of having tried it. But Marilyn would have to help me, and she is not comfortable with the concept. Maybe I'll get my Son-In-Law to help. I'll let ya know.Peace, love, laughtercgiambri <cgiambri@...> wrote: How about ear candles? It was a temporary fix. hugs, carolg, your sister close by...

Brother ,

Yes, you need help with the ear candles or else there are places

that do it for you. Of course free saves $. My husband would not

help me either so paid for it with his money.

You and can do it to each other. I would also try the barley

powders.

In addition, look for " 7 day miracle detox " --book. You could have an

allergy triggering this. Don't discount anything brother.

your sister,

carolg

How

about ear candles? It was a temporary fix.

>

> hugs,

> carolg, your sister close by...

>

>

, sounds like more than a Eustachian

tube problem. If your SIL has it too, I would venture to guess a virus was

causing some inflammation in the tube, ear drums, and sinuses. The ear drops

are a good idea. You may have to resort to a decongestant for a week or so to

help the fluid dry up in your ear. I would also suggest you place a soft plug

in that ear during showers to avoid water getting in it – the last thing

you need is more in there lol.

Janet

From: health [mailto:health ] On Behalf Of deuteronomy2929

Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008

5:48 AM

health

Subject:

Eustachian Tube Problem

Boy do I have them! So does my Son-In-Law. We each

have an ear that

just won't unplug, is extremely painful from eye to ear to jaw to throat.

I've researched online, and most " home remedies " involve simply

yawning, chewing gum, taking Pseudophed, jumping up and down, etc.

I've been taking two cloves of garlic twice a day, will up to four

times a day. And have some mullein (sp?) that I can add with garlic

and olive oil for drops (will make today).

Any other suggestions? Budget and time are major considerations at the

moment, but all suggestions welcome.

Oh, and Suzi, remember that for some reason my email inbox does

not show any posts you make to the list (mine either for that matter),

only those sent directly from you (or me) to my regular email address.

But I will check the list's home site for any posts from you.

Thanks in advance, all!!

Peace, love, laughter

Sure, smoke is very drying, and an

infected ear is very wet and nasty – makes sense to me. I’d still

use a hair dryer to avoid second hand smoke these days, but that’s just

me. Thanks for sharing , I love hearing about old remedies.

Janet

Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008

1:14 PM

health

Subject: Re:

Re: Eustachian Tube Problem

Suzi -

I don't have a clue what the smoke would or wouldn't do :-) My

grandmother used to do this to the grandkids that had ear infections, but she

also ran out to the backyard shed one night and stuck her hand in a can of

kerosene when she cut it wide open while butchering a hog. (That hand

healed in like two weeks and didn't leave a scar, either). I can also

remember being 6 or 7 and being sick with the flu, laying on her couch with a

sock soaked in camphor pinned around my neck and a hot toddy with more whiskey

in it than anything being forced down my throat. :-)

What is crazy, is, when I got married I was at my in-laws one weekend and my

SIL was there with her kids and one of them was crying with an ear

infection. It was Sunday and her mother didn't know what to do, we were

waaaay out in the country and of course it was Sunday and no medical clinic was

open. My FIL picked my niece up, laid her across his lap, lit a cigarette

and started blowing the smoke in her ear. I almost hit the floor and

asked him where he learned that trick. He said his mother used to do it

all the time (there were 7 or 8 kids in his family)

SO ... my grandmother was like 80% Cherokee, my FIL's mother was a full blooded

Apache, so maybe it's something the Indians did? ROFL!! Oh, I am

laughing now, too, just thinking about it, but it is the honest truth :-)

At 03:04 PM 1/25/2008, you wrote:

What does the cigarette smoke do for the ear?? I'm sitting here

trying to keep composed but chuckling under my breath about taking a toxin so

that we can cure without taking a pharmacutical.... (sorry)...

Anyway, explain blowing the smoke in the ear.

Suzi

Landes

<L@....com> wrote:

-

Does anyone around you smoke cigarettes? Have someone

light a

cigarette, take a big puff and blow the smoke very

slowly into your

ear (no kidding!) A blow dryer on low speed might

work, too. My

grandmother used to use the cigarette trick on all the

grandkids;

I've used the warm blow dryer on my kids ears and it

seemed to do the

Hey Sis,Definitely not discounting anything! The ear drops I made definitely cleared up the infection, but still plugged up in a major way. Gonna try the ear candling today, if that doesn't work, will try the cup-and-hot-washcloth idea. It's not so bad, now that the pain is gone. But hearing myself chew so loudly is really annoying!!Peace, love, laughtercgiambri <cgiambri@...> wrote: Brother , . Don't discount anything brother. your sister, carolg

Janet,Yeah, we think it is a virus. My grand-daughter Kaelin was in the hospital recently with Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), and we all got sick too. Man, that thing holds on!! We burned through the last of my Tonic in no time! My son-in-law has it the worst, though. It is aggravating his asthma something fierce.I've got some ear plugs, will make sure to use them when showering. Thanks for the tip!!Peace, love, laughter

Hey Brother,

Any reflief yet? Did the ear candles work?

Sister, carolg,

writing from the windy city (feeling like it too, right?)

Brother ,

>

> . Don't discount anything brother.

>

> your sister,

> carolg

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>