RemedySpot.com

aloe vera

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi team!

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm looking for a good source for aloe

vera plants in the Seattle area. Any suggestions?

Also, have increased my water consumption but still having constipation

issues with daily blended drinks. Has anyone else experienced this? Is

this just my digestive track adjusting to higher liquid diet? My

blended drinks are all water based - no milks of any kind - and I drink

at least one quart a day. I am a little baffled here! Thanks for any

advice.

Peace on earth.

Cheryl

Cheryl, what kinds of drinks are you having each day.... each meal...?Suzicctux <cctux@...> wrote: Hi team!Hope all is well with everyone. I'm looking for a good source for aloe vera plants in the Seattle area. Any suggestions? Also, have increased my water consumption but still having constipation issues with daily blended drinks. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just my digestive track adjusting to higher liquid diet? My blended drinks are all water based - no milks of any kind - and I drink at least one quart a day. I am a little baffled here! Thanks for any advice.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi Suzi!

I have a base of water and parsley or romaine lettuce, I add a pear to sweeten and then 1/2 cucumber, berries, msm, and some kind of efa like hemp seed or flax seed. And I did take your advice and upped my water intake - usually 2 quarts daily. I am really baffled by this. Even though the food is blended down, I thought the original fiber would count because I blend skins and all! Thanks Suzi.

Cheryl

Re: aloe vera

Cheryl,

Sure wish I lived closer to you - I have a house full of aloe vera

plants! Mine have babies like crazy! I don't know which variety they

are, there are so many varieties. The ones I have grow low and thin,

probably only 8 " tall at most.

Regarding constipation, have you tried acidophilus? And for water -

it has been suggested that people drink half your body weight in

ounces every day.

Carol

>

> Hi team!

>

> Hope all is well with everyone. I'm looking for a good source for aloe

> vera plants in the Seattle area. Any suggestions?

>

> Also, have increased my water consumption but still having constipation

> issues with daily blended drinks. Has anyone else experienced this? Is

> this just my digestive track adjusting to higher liquid diet? My

> blended drinks are all water based - no milks of any kind - and I drink

> at least one quart a day. I am a little baffled here! Thanks for any

> advice.

>

> Peace on earth.

>

> Cheryl

>

Cheryl - Constipation can be troublesome. I experienced it for over

thirty consectutive years and through trial and error created a blend

of herbs that 'cured' it. I have long since discontinued the blend,

but took it for a good year. The active ingredient is Cascara

Sagrada, and some of the other herbs included Devils Claw (to clean

and heal), Marshmallow Root, Psyllium, and so on. The Cascara

Sagrada stimulates perastilic movement without cramping and without

being addictive. Over time, it actually neurologically retrains the

colon. If one takes some and does not get results, simply take more,

until you find the right amount for your body. Very safe, very

effective. Best of luck.

, BS.HT

Board Certified Holistic Practitioner

www.SignificantHealing.com

859-801-1730

--- In health , " cctux " <cctux@...>

wrote:

>

> Hi team!

>

> Hope all is well with everyone. I'm looking for a good source for

aloe

> vera plants in the Seattle area. Any suggestions?

>

> Also, have increased my water consumption but still having

constipation

> issues with daily blended drinks. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is

> this just my digestive track adjusting to higher liquid diet? My

> blended drinks are all water based - no milks of any kind - and I

drink

> at least one quart a day. I am a little baffled here! Thanks for

any

> advice.

>

> Peace on earth.

>

> Cheryl

>

Squash raw or cook does an excellent job. Eat it often and you will see how good it is.

Rena

Re: aloe vera

Cheryl,Sure wish I lived closer to you - I have a house full of aloe veraplants! Mine have babies like crazy! I don't know which variety theyare, there are so many varieties. The ones I have grow low and thin,probably only 8" tall at most.Regarding constipation, have you tried acidophilus? And for water -it has been suggested that people drink half your body weight inounces every day. Carol>> Hi team!> > Hope all is well with everyone. I'm looking for a good source for aloe > vera plants in the Seattle area. Any suggestions? > > Also, have increased my water consumption but still having constipation > issues with daily blended drinks. Has anyone else experienced this? Is > this just my digestive track adjusting to higher liquid diet? My > blended drinks are all water based - no milks of any kind - and I drink > at least one quart a day. I am a little baffled here! Thanks for any > advice.> > Peace on earth.> > Cheryl>

We had to have a service for Spike, my aloe vera.When we moved out of our old apt Dec 31st, we still had some stuff in the trunk that didn't make it into storage. Spike was one. Over night, he froze solid and shattered.I still feel bad about that.Peace, love, laughterCarol <carol@...> wrote: Cheryl, Sure wish I lived closer to you - I have a house full of aloe vera plants! Mine have babies like crazy! I don't know which variety they are, there are so many varieties. The ones I have grow low and thin,

probably only 8" tall at most.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

How about doing all veggie or all fruit each day? instead of mixing the two together... It may be the fruit/veggie combo that your digestive system is working harder. or add a little water to your smoothies.CHERYL D JONES <cctux@...> wrote: Hi Suzi! I have a base of water and parsley or romaine lettuce, I add a pear to sweeten and then 1/2 cucumber, berries, msm, and some kind of efa like hemp seed or flax seed. And I did take your advice and upped my water intake - usually 2 quarts daily. I am really baffled by this. Even though the food is blended down, I thought the original fiber would count because I blend skins and all!

Thanks Suzi. Cheryl Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

• 1 month later...

Though I've never used it other than the gel.. here you go! I've had this info but never tried to use the leaf.. The lower leaf of the plant is used for medicinal purpose. If the lower leaf is sliced open, the gel obtained can be applied on the affected area of the skin. Leaves and seeds are the two edible parts of Aloe Vera.[citation needed]. Aloe vera latex—the yellow substance that comes from the inner side of the skin—can be highly irritating both externally and internally. Some people who have reported adverse effects from Aloe vera may be ingesting or applying this latex. Carefully removing all skin and any yellow substance before

using Aloe may avoid such adverse effects. Gel used should be completely clear, odorless and tasteless.[citation needed] [edit] Use in foods In Japan Aloe Vera is commonly used as an ingredient in commercially available yogurt. There are also many companies which produce Aloe Vera beverages.[1] In some of the parts of early India (British India), now Pakistan, the plant has been used for centuries as a carminative and digestive aid. The dried gel is mixed with seeds of various herbs and consumed after a meal.[citation needed] Pashtuns in the Hazara region of the North West Frontier Province have been using Aloe Vera for centuries to improve physical endurance, probably due to the high nutrient content of the gel.[citation needed] People in Rajasthan, India prepare vegetable out of Aloe Vera and with fenugreek seeds.[citation needed] People in Tamil Nadu, another state of India prepare a curry using Aloe Vera which is taken along with Indian bread or rice.[citation needed] cctux <cctux@...> wrote: Hi Team!Wow, it's a bright,

beautiful, sunny day in the neighborhood today. Does anyone know if there is a good use for the leaf of the aloe vera plant once I have scraped out the gel? Seems like a waste to just throw away the leaf! Thanks.Peace on earth.Cheryl

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.