RemedySpot.com

Seaweed Gamasio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Replace your straight salt seasoning with a Seaweed Gamasio. Gamasio is a combination of sesame seeds and sea salt. I simply added ground kelp to the mix to make it even more nourishing. This is very simple to make, and is a great way to add a little bit of seaweed to your daily diet. In Healing Wise, Susun Weed suggests eating 1⁄4 oz to 8 oz of fresh or soaked seaweed daily. Besides being “mineral treasure chests,” kelp is also high in carotenes and supplies “at least average amounts of virtually every other vitamin.” “Of the fourteen elements essential to the proper metabolic functions of the human body, thirteen are known to be in kelp.” -Dr. J.W. Turentine, USDA agricultural scientist (1974) Seaweeds in our regular diet help to clear toxic and unwanted chemicals from our bodies,

stimulate our immune systems, and help repair our glandular, cardiac, urinary and nervous systems. They also “help offset stress, boost stamina, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, restore sexual interest and enjoyment, and even ease sore joints.” Wow! Reading that section of Susun’s book is always inspiring for me. My quest to find ways of integrating seaweed into my diet is re-energized! So, here’s the Gamasio recipe... Grind 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, 3 tablespoons kelp and 1 Tablespoon of sea salt in a mortar and pestle. Grind it up to a powder or course powder Simple, right? Now, put it in a spice jar and center it on your table so that you remember to sprinkle it on your eggs or potatoes instead of straight salt. Not only will this lower your salt intake, you will get all of those benefits of regular use of seaweed and added calcium, potassium and magnesium from the sesame seeds! Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.