RemedySpot.com

Rose HIp Conserve

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How to Make Rose Hip Conserve Well, we’ve been learning a lot about rosehips at our house over the last couple of months. Rosehips was the herb of the month on HerbMentor.com, our membership website, and all kinds of interesting facts and recipes changed hands over the course of the month. I learned that besides being very high in vitamin C, rose hips are also a good source of B complex carotenes, vitamin E and selenium. They also contain chromium, niacin, phosphorous, protein, and sodium. So, including them among the nourishing herbs I integrate into my family’s diet has become very appealing. In Opening Our Wild Hearts to the Healing Herbs, Gail Faith says she uses rosehips as “a cold and flu preventative” and that the nutrients they contain make rosehips “especially

nourishing for the brain and an important addition to the diet of any child needing assistance with focus, concentration, and attention.” Since the rosehips in our area were already pretty mushy by the time we thought of harvesting them this year, we were searching for great recipes for using dried rosehips. This conserve comes from Rosemary Gladstar, and we’ve found it to be delicious. Rowan and Hailey even like it on their toast in the morning! Rosehip Conserve Put a handful of dried, seedless rosehips in a half pint mason jar (or other small jar). ***Get dried Rose Hips here*** (I would get a pound to experiment with. They are cheap) Pour enough apple juice or cider over the rosehips to cover the hips plus add an inch or two. Add two 2” cinnamon sticks to the jar and steep the mixture in the refrigerator overnight. (You can also add other spices,

citrus peels, or dried fruits if you’re feeling like experimenting.) In the morning all the liquid should be absorbed by the rosehips and the rosehips should be soft and chewy. Remove the cinnamon and mix in enough honey (or other sweetener) to your taste. Spread some on your toast and enjoy right away. Store the remaining conserve in the refrigerator. Enjoy! -

Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.