RemedySpot.com

Re: Osteoarthritis replacements

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Interesting article. I'll show it to my uncle. He gave me the favor to listen to me just a little bit before saying that he was in the hands of very good doctors and that they told him that his problem was incurable.

Rena

Osteoarthritis replacements

Joint (Pill) replacement

By Kathy SummersIf you’re one of an estimated 1.3 million osteoarthritis (OA) sufferers who no longer take Vioxx because of the recent recall, take heart—you can support your joints with healthier alternatives. The COX-2 inhibitor drug Vioxx was shown to double the risk of heart attacks and strokes, and now the American Medical Association is urging doctors to think twice before prescribing similar drugs like Celebrex and Bextra. Natural joint supplements take effect more slowly, because they work with the body’s own processes to support joint health rather than masking symptoms. Fortunately, research continues to show benefits, minus the risks associated with COX-2 inhibitors or the gastro-intestinal side effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Although more studies are needed, the supplements listed here have significant research pointing to their benefits. • Glucosamine sulfate, an amino sugar involved in cartilage formation and repair, has been shown to relieve joint pain and stiffness

Guest guest

I totally agree with you. Just look at my case: I refuse surgery to eliminate the ovarian cyst and the gallbladder stones and I'm doing natural treatments.

I'm supposed to get worse and worse and even to be taken to surgery in an emergency. However, I continue improving and I avoid complications by natural ways.

By the way, something that I discovered lately is that the cranberry juice pure dissolves the stones. Although the herbal formula I have been taking gave me good results, the cranberry is doing a wonderful job, better than anything else I tried.

I drink a glass with empty stomach every morning. I have to eat right away because it's so acid and strong...

Regards,

Rena

If you believe it can't be healed then it can't. I believe the only things that can't be cured are those you chose to believe can't or when God says he needs you with him. I know I don't want to get to the "gate" and have God say "If only" If only you had tried this or that... it wasn't your time yet..... (my philosophy) I'm working on healing some osteo in my lower back right now... and it's getting better... I had a surgeon tell me I would always have swelling and pain from osteo in my knee (HA) I chose not to accept that and took matters into my own hands... My knee once in a rare while bothers me a little but no swelling and seldom any pain... and certainly not enough to stop me..

SuziBlua Birdo <bluabirdohotmail> wrote:

Interesting article. I'll show it to my uncle. He gave me the favor to listen to me just a little bit before saying that he was in the hands of very good doctors and that they told him that his problem was incurable.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99

Guest guest

Has anyone tried Celadrin ?http://www.celadrin.com/pages/aboutus.phpOn Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Suzanne <suziesgoats@...> wrote:

Joint (Pill) replacement By Kathy SummersIf you're one of an estimated 1.3 million osteoarthritis (OA) sufferers who no longer take Vioxx because of the recent recall, take heart—you can support your joints with healthier alternatives. The COX-2 inhibitor drug Vioxx was shown to double the risk of heart attacks and strokes, and now the American Medical Association is urging doctors to think twice before prescribing similar drugs like Celebrex and Bextra.

Natural joint supplements take effect more slowly, because they work with the body's own processes to support joint health rather than masking symptoms. Fortunately, research continues to show benefits, minus the risks associated with COX-2 inhibitors or the gastro-intestinal side effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Although more studies are needed, the supplements listed here have significant research pointing to their benefits.

• Glucosamine sulfate, an amino sugar involved in cartilage formation and repair, has been shown to relieve joint pain and stiffness. • Chondroitin sulfate, part of a protein molecule (proteoglycan) that gives cartilage its elasticity, has been shown to reduce joint pain and the need for NSAIDs by 67 percent.

• ASU (avocado/soybean unsaponifiable), derived from avocado and soybean oils, has been shown to provide long-term joint pain relief and reduce the need for NSAIDs. • SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine), a naturally occurring compound in all living cells, has been shown to relieve joint pain to a degree similar to that of NSAIDs.

• Vitamin D deficiency is associated with higher levels of joint pain, disability, and some muscle weakness. • Ginger (Zingiber officinale), an herb derived from the root of the

ginger flower and long used in Ayurvedic medicine, has been shown to increase mobility and reduce joint pain and swelling.

Suzi

List Owner health/

http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been

discovered.

--

Guest guest

I like cranberry juice..Blua Birdo <bluabirdo@...> wrote: I totally agree with you. Just look at my case: I refuse surgery to eliminate the ovarian cyst and the gallbladder stones and I'm doing natural treatments. I'm supposed to get worse and worse and even to be taken to surgery in an emergency. However, I continue improving and I avoid complications by natural ways. By the way, something that I discovered lately is that the cranberry juice pure dissolves the stones. Although the herbal formula I have been taking gave me good results, the cranberry is doing a wonderful job, better than anything else I tried. I drink a

glass with empty stomach every morning. I have to eat right away because it's so acid and strong... Regards, Rena Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Guest guest

Dave, Celadrin is made from a patented complex blend of special esterified fatty acids, derived from bovine tallow oil ... I think I'll stick with the herbs.. Imagenetix (the make of celadrin) is (in my opinion) a pharmacutical. I don't find celadrin a wholy "natural" product. Mayne <dmayne@...> wrote: Has anyone tried Celadrin ? Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been

discovered.

Guest guest

I like it also, but I'm drinking it totally pure without any addition, not even water on empty stomach and I find it too strong for me. However, I will continue for some time because it's super good.

I like cranberry juice..Blua Birdo <bluabirdohotmail> wrote:

I totally agree with you. Just look at my case: I refuse surgery to eliminate the ovarian cyst and the gallbladder stones and I'm doing natural treatments.

I'm supposed to get worse and worse and even to be taken to surgery in an emergency. However, I continue improving and I avoid complications by natural ways.

By the way, something that I discovered lately is that the cranberry juice pure dissolves the stones. Although the herbal formula I have been taking gave me good results, the cranberry is doing a wonderful job, better than anything else I tried.

I drink a glass with empty stomach every morning. I have to eat right away because it's so acid and strong...

Regards,

Rena

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.