RemedySpot.com

Cauliflower

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Enjoy the extra flavor and nutrition from Healthy Sautéing the cauliflower for this easy to prepare great tasting side dish that will complement almost any meal. Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes Ingredients: 1 lb cauliflower 5 TBS low sodium chicken or vegetable broth 1 tsp turmeric 2 TBS chopped cilantro Mediterranean Dressing 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp lemon juice 2 medium cloves garlic sea salt and pepper to taste Directions: Cut cauliflower florets into quarters and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits. Press or chop garlic and let for 5 minutes. Heat 5 TBS broth in a stainless steel skillet on medium heat. When broth begins to steam, add cauliflower and turmeric and cover. For al dente cauliflower, cook for no more than 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss cauliflower with the

remaining ingredients while it is still hot. (Mediterranean Dressing does not need to be made separately.) Research shows that carotenoids found in foods are best absorbed when consumed with oils. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.Serves 2 Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

This is so true.

~Katy Sheep to the right; His Lamb

“In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength" Isa 30:15

http://orchardhouseheirlooms.com/product_info.php/cPath/157_163/products_id/199 survival seeds

Christian-homesteaders/?yguid=227010598 biblical survival

-- Cauliflowerhealth Date: Monday, June 7, 2010, 7:47 AM

Cauliflower Did you know that along with its wealth of vitamins and minerals, cauliflower, like the other cruciferous vegetables, contains powerful sulfur compounds that have repeatedly been found to help prevent cancer? Since 1993, the National Cancer Institute has been demonstrating that prevention, rather than cure, is the way to decrease deaths related to cancer. And they have found the way to prevention is eating the proper foods! Research on the prevention of cancer, as well as diabetes, heart disease, and obesity, all points strongly to the food we eat as a key factor that has the potential to cut back dramatically on the rates of these chronic diseases. And some of the best foods for disease prevention are the sulfur-containing cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower. These vegetables contain compounds, including sulforaphane and isothyiocyanates, which help the liver to neutralize potentially harmful cancer-causing compounds and to suppress tumor cell growth and the movement of cancer to other parts of the body (metastasis) .

Suzi

List Owner

http://health. groups.. com/group/ HAWK_Health_ Awareness

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Guest guest

However if you have a goiter or Hashimotos disease you are told not to eat cruciferous vegetables. It's a catch 22 situation.

Shari

Guest guest

And if you are under a doctor's "care", you'll be told not to take any vitamins for fear they'll interrupt the drugs they are giving you. Especially chemo. I'll take my chances with the veggies, but then I don't have Hasimoto's, or a goiter.

“In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength" Isa 30:15

http://orchardhouseheirlooms.com/product_info.php/cPath/157_163/products_id/199 survival seeds

-- Re: Cauliflower

However if you have a goiter or Hashimotos disease you are told not to eat cruciferous vegetables. It's a catch 22 situation.

Shari

Guest guest

Really ..  I've had a goiter and thyroid disease since 2003, my endo is

one of the top in the US, and I have never been told "not" to eat

certain vegetables.

However if you have a goiter or

Hashimotos disease you are told not to eat cruciferous vegetables. 

It's a catch 22 situation.

Shari

Guest guest

Interesting. My daughter sees a naturopath who is a professor at Bastyr Naturopathic University and he has been seeing her since she was a baby. She is now 25 and while she doesn't have a lot of energy she is not overweight like a lot of folks with goiters. She stays away from cruciferous vegetables and has her entire life.

However, she does see the N.D. every so often for b12 shots.

Shari

Guest guest

Oh the poor baby, what do you use for treatment?

No drugs and no chemo. My daughter was born with a goiter. Cruciferous vegetables aggrevate the thyroid.

Shari

Guest guest

I'm so glad she is healthy.

Interesting. My daughter sees a naturopath who is a professor at Bastyr Naturopathic University and he has been seeing her since she was a baby. She is now 25 and while she doesn't have a lot of energy she is not overweight like a lot of folks with goiters. She stays away from cruciferous vegetables and has her entire life.

However, she does see the N.D. every so often for b12 shots.

Shari

Guest guest

#1 Celery #2 watercress,onions,mustard greeens,turmeric,basil,bay leaf,cardamom,marjoram,cumin,fennel,dill,ginger,black pepper,horseradish,rosemary mints,lemon balm, Raw foods sprouted grains, beans,and seeds, fresh vegys and fruits also stimulate liver energy flow. Greg.

From: Suzanne <suziesgoats>Subject: [HAWK_Health_ Awareness] CauliflowerHAWK_Health_ AwarenessDate: Monday, June 7, 2010, 7:47 AM

.. Suzi

List Owner

http://health. groups.. com/group/ HAWK_Health_ Awareness

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Guest guest

Good for you. I finally caught on when my daughter was in third grade.

No treatment, what for? There's nothing wrong with her. She gets b12 shots for low energy every so often and she knows what to eat and what not to eat. This is a 25 year old woman who has never had an antibiotic, a vaccination, and does not see a medical doctor. Her brother is 27 and he only got the first 1.5 years of shots and after that, well we won't go into how I got them into public schools without poisoning them.

Shari

Guest guest

I made it through school & college without shots. So did my siblings.My son is 7 and hasn't and won't have shots either!Where there's a will there's a way!!!!!CandaceSent from my iPhoneOn Jun 8, 2010, at 5:05 PM, "SV" <shavig@...> wrote:

No treatment, what for? There's nothing wrong with her. She gets b12 shots for low energy every so often and she knows what to eat and what not to eat. This is a 25 year old woman who has never had an antibiotic, a vaccination, and does not see a medical doctor. Her brother is 27 and he only got the first 1.5 years of shots and after that, well we won't go into how I got them into public schools without poisoning them.

Shari

Guest guest

I have a friend who has 8 children, the last 4 I believe were home births because just after birth in the hospital she caught them trying to give them shots and a bottle, she now she does it all at home, to make sure! She is the only one I know [in person] who feels as I do about healthy foods and NO vaccinations. Her children are healthy, home-schooled and quite a delight to be around.

I made it through school & college without shots. So did my siblings.

My son is 7 and hasn't and won't have shots either!

Where there's a will there's a way!!!!!

CandaceSent from my iPhone

On Jun 8, 2010, at 5:05 PM, "SV" <shavigverizon (DOT) net> wrote:

Shari