RemedySpot.com

Re: Alkalizing raw soup

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I often use boiling water, but I add it on top of all the vegetables. So far so good.

Rena

Alkalizing raw soup

Alkalising Raw SoupServes 2

This is definitely a highly energising soup and is a big favourite while on a cleanse or detox. Contains avocado which is high in EFAs and cucumber which is well known for its cleansing properties. The taste of this soup can be dramatically altered by the use of the herbs and spices mentioned or by alternating between lemon and lime.

Ingredients:

1 avocado2 spring onions1/2 red or green pepper1 cucumber2 handfuls of spinach1/2 clove of garlicBragg Liquid Aminos to taste100ml of light vegetable Bouillon (yeast free)Juice of 1 lemon or limeOptional: coriander, parsley, cumin.

Blend the avocado and stock to form a light paste, then add the other ingredients and blend.

Vegetable Super JuiceServes 2

This juice is a popular one for breakfast as it gives your energy levels a boost, wakens your digestive system whilst giving your body a nutrition, yet gentle start to the day. 250ml mixed with 250ml of distilled water is usually enough to keep me going until lunchtime. If you are keen to get '5-a-Day' this is a pretty good start!

Ingredients:

1 whole cucumber4 sticks of celery2-4 handfuls of spinach8 lettuce leavesAny other greens!Optional boosters: parsley and fresh alfalfa sproutsJuice all ingredients and mix 50/50 with distilled water. Add optional lemon juice to taste and Prime pH to boost the alkalinity of the juice.

Healing Detox JuiceServes 2A sweeter, more subtle juice which still packs a nutritional punch! The combination of the carrots, spinach and parsley provides an excellent source of antioxidants, while the celery lends its cleansing properties.

Ingredients:

3-4 Carrots125g Fresh SpinachHandful of Flat Leaf Parsley2-3 Sticks of Celery

Juice all ingredients (putting celery through last). Mix with water to taste or drink neat (your preference).

Warm Broccoli SoupServes 2

This is definitely a winter favourite and destroys the myth that all raw food has to be cold and unwelcoming! By steaming the broccoli for just 5-6 minutes, the meal remains raw, but gains enough warmth to give that filling, comforting feeling of soup. The texture given by the broccoli and the kick of the ginger make this an excellent choice for those new to alkalising.

Ingredients:

1/2 Avocado6 -8 Decent size Broccoli Heads1/3 Red Onion1 Celery StickBig Handful of SpinachAn Inch of Root GingerBragg Liquid Amino (Optional)Cumin (Optional)

Lightly steam the broccoli (5-6 minutes) and put with all ingredients in a blender. Add garlic, pepper, RealSalt to taste. The heat from the broccoli makes this a lovely, gently warmed soup great for winter.

Autumn Tomato & Avocado Alkalising SoupServes 2

This is a nice soup to have either cold (a bit like gazpacho) or warmed (on a slightly chilly morning or evening)

Ingredients:

5 large ripe (pref vine) tomatoes.1 ripe avocado1 spring onion1/4 cup ground almonds (freshly done yourself, not packet)1 cup broth from Swiss Vegetable Bouillon1/4 teaspoon dill seedDash cayenne pepperSea salt & cracked black pepper to taste

All you need to do is place all of the ingredients into a blended (except one of the tomatoes) and blend! Depending on whether you are going cold or warm - then place the soup into a pan and warm very slightly. Warming so that it is not painful to put your finger into still means that the soup is raw. Add the last tomato (sliced) on top and serve!

Voila!

Note - when using a blender, be careful not to use boiling water as this can sometimes damage the sealant and cause leakage.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

that is a good way to do it. As was stated earlier in a post... many times a recipe can be 'tweaked", "changed" etc..to make it better or different.... and it's great when a member shares what they do. Blua Birdo <bluabirdo@...> wrote: I often use boiling water, but I add it on top of all the vegetables. So far so good. Rena

Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Guest guest

I have raw soups almost daily. I just pour some boiling water on the vegetables to make it warm.

I also eat lots of vegetables raw, but warm because I cook the hardest ones such as cauliflower, cabbage, etc. very lightly just for a minute and when I turn it off I ad the tender vegetables, such as mushrooms, pepper, onion, etc.

I add some olive oil, turmeric, sea salt or other herbs and I have a really tasty and nutritious vegetable stew.

Rena

Re: Alkalizing raw soup

that is a good way to do it. As was stated earlier in a post... many times a recipe can be 'tweaked", "changed" etc..to make it better or different.... and it's great when a member shares what they do. Blua Birdo <bluabirdohotmail> wrote:

I often use boiling water, but I add it on top of all the vegetables. So far so good.

Rena

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Guest guest

you're making me hungry... lolSuziBlua Birdo <bluabirdo@...> wrote: I have raw soups almost daily. I just pour some boiling water on the vegetables to make it warm. I also eat lots of vegetables raw, but warm because I cook the hardest ones such as cauliflower, cabbage, etc. very lightly just for a minute and when I turn it off I ad the tender vegetables, such as mushrooms, pepper, onion, etc. I add some olive oil, turmeric, sea salt or other herbs and I have a really tasty and nutritious vegetable stew. __________________________________________________