RemedySpot.com

Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone

I just wanted to write in and say thank you for all the advise you gave me on how to help my kidneys. I have drastically changed my diet and have come off a number of my medications. I still have to take something for the back and leg pain though. I think I may need something like this for the rest of my life. But anyway, I have been more alert since dropping some of the meds. that's a good thing. I can get up earlier in the day rather than sleeping until 1pm. My goodness they would just knock me out. I couldn't get out of bed no matter how hard I tried. But I'm rising earlier now and I like that. I have been eating mostly fruits and veggies and drinking either water with lemon or plain or fruit juices. I hardly drink coffee anymore. If I do it's usually just half a cup maybe a couple times a week. I have cutout red meat a lot. I only eat it now and then. No more fast food at all. I bought some fish to cook and I only eat very little dairy foods. I used to eat a lot more. I am now urinating more which is a good sign for my kidneys. I don't feel nearly as bloated as I used to and best of all I lost 10 pounds. I'm happy about that since I need to lose weight. It's most likely all water weight though, but I'll take it. I have to go to the health food store when my check comes and get some of the things that were suggested by some of you. (thank you again for that) All in all I think I am making progress. The only bad thing is, my doctor isn't concerned about my kidneys all that much and three other doctors are. I'll be looking for a new family doctor now. I would like to have the blood work done to see if there is any improvement in my kidney function and he won't order it. I can't believe it. I would be paying for these tests on my own. No insurance will be paying so if I want to pay for it why can't he order it? I'm kind of pissed. I want to see if they're any better. He seems very fixated on my cholesterol and nothing else. Aahhh well, I'll get my kidneys checked out one way or another. :))

So that's how I'm doing so far and like I said I just wanted to say a big thanks to those of you who gave me such good advise.

Beannacht

Lynn