RemedySpot.com

Ginkgo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had a few questions my self and this is what I found. I am not pointing fingers at anyone. Just trying to help I found this for anyone interested in reading it. I was under the impression that we all knew of someone using this and that is why we decided to use it. Going in to this we all knew it was an at your own risk trial period. Thanks and hope this helps anyone in need of answers :-) Carol P. http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsWho/0,3923,4017|Ginkgo,00.html Learn About Who is this for? When should I be careful taking it? What side effects should I watch for? What interactions should I watch for?Should I take it? References How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. __________________________________________________

Thanks Carol, that is very informative.

ette

-------------- Original message from "Carol P." <iammamapie@...>: --------------

I had a few questions my self and this is what I found.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone. Just trying to help

I found this for anyone interested in reading it.

I was under the impression that we all knew of someone using this and that is why we decided to use it. Going in to this we all knew it was an at your own risk trial period.

Thanks and hope this helps anyone in need of answers :-)

Carol P.

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsWho/0,3923,4017|Ginkgo,00.html

Learn About Who is this for? When should I be careful taking it? What side effects should I watch for? What interactions should I watch for?Should I take it? References

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

That was very interesting. I searched some other common supplements and it gives lots of negatives for them as well. Wonder who sponsers this site?

Check out the entry for fish oil too.

Carol in IL

Mom to seven including , 6 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, chronic constipation ( cured now ) and DS.

My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me.

Fwd: Ginkgo

I was under the impression that we all knew of someone using this and that is why we decided to use it. Going in to this we all knew it was an at your own risk trial period.

Carol P.

http://www.drugdige st.org/DD/ DVH/HerbsWho/ 0,3923,4017| Ginkgo,00. html

Learn About Who is this for? When should I be careful taking it? What side effects should I watch for? What interactions should I watch for?Should I take it? References

How low will we go? Check out Messenger¢s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Everything I read sounded positive. Am I missing something?

Cheryl

Carol P.

Yeah, me too. The only really negative things that I saw were about

ginko seeds, and we aren’t using the seeds.

kathyr

From: Down Syndrome Treatment [mailto:Down Syndrome Treatment ] On Behalf Of C ANDERSON

Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006

11:32 AM

Down Syndrome Treatment

Subject: Re:

Everything I read sounded positive. Am I missing something?

Cheryl

I had a few questions my self and

this is what I found.

I am not pointing fingers at

anyone. Just trying to help

I was under the impression that we all knew of someone using this and

that is why we decided to use it. Going in to this we all knew it was an at

your own risk trial period.

Thanks and hope this helps anyone in need of

answers :-)

Carol P.

http://www.drugdige

st.org/DD/ DVH/HerbsWho/ 0,3923,4017| Ginkgo,00. html

Maybe it's just me ;-)

But I had never read these :

Major Side Effects

Cases of seizures have been reported in individuals who were taking ginkgo leaf or seed. Many of these individuals had not experienced seizures before taking ginkgo.

Taking ginkgo leaf has been associated with sudden bleeding under the surface of the skin or into the eyes.

Consuming fresh ginkgo seeds or more than ten ginkgo seeds that have been roasted may result in:

Difficult breathing Seizures Unconsciousness Death

Touching ginkgo fruit pulp often causes severe irritation of the skin. The resulting blisters, intense itching, redness, and swelling may last for several days. All individuals touching ginkgo fruit may experience this effect, but individuals who have had rashes from poison ivy are more likely to have similar reactions from touching ginkgo pulp.

Less Severe Side Effects

Rarely, ginkgo leaf extract has been associated with mild gastrointestinal complaints, headaches, or muscle weakness.

Taking roasted ginkgo seeds by mouth has resulted in:

Diarrhea Nausea Restlessness Upset stomach Vomiting

Oral forms of ginkgo may cause allergic skin reactions such as rashes and itching.

Eating ginkgo fruit may cause itching, redness, or swelling around the mouth

But in re-reading it, it seems to be refering only to the roasted seeds?

Maybe I am just reacting to a post on downsyn about ginkgo's ability to cause bleeding. Which really is the same with fish oils too.

Sorry.... didn't read very closely.

What do you other's think of the information? Carol P?

I have not noticed a huge difference in on the gingko, even with double the dose. No one else has said anything either. Typically big sister picks up big spurts, esp with speech/communication issues as we see her about once a week and she just tends to notice. She has noticed nothing at all with .

I am going to drop her back to the original dose, keep her there a while and then stop and see what happens. Maybe people will notice a negative? Or there is just no gains for with it.

Haven't decided what I will do long term for her. Don't think it can hurt, and may well help in other ways even if we don't notice a gain.

Carol in IL

Mom to seven including , 6 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, chronic constipation ( cured now ) and DS.

[DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Fwd: Ginkgo

Carol P.

It sounds to me like those major side effects are from the leaf or seed. The more minor side effects are from the extract which is what we are using.

After 3 weeks on 60mg a day Faith is talking a lot more.To the point that for the first time in her life I had to ask her to stop talking for a minute so I could say something to her father! That has NEVER happened before. She is trying to talk in sentences and using so many more words than she was. It does not seem to have affected thinking or remembering, math is just as difficult as ever!

ette

mom to Faith (9)DS

--------- [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Fwd: Ginkgo

Carol P.

That is what I was thinking . We are not using seeds. my bottle says extract from the leaf. Not the seed. Carol P.Kathy Ratkiewicz <Kathy_R@...> wrote: Yeah, me too. The only really negative things that I saw were about ginko seeds, and we aren’t using

the seeds. kathyr From: Down Syndrome Treatment

[mailto:Down Syndrome Treatment ] On Behalf Of C ANDERSONSent: Friday, October 20, 2006 11:32 AMDown Syndrome Treatment Subject: Re: Fwd: Ginkgo Everything I read sounded positive. Am I missing something? Cheryl Fwd: Ginkgo I had a few questions my self and this is what I found. I am not pointing fingers at anyone. Just trying to help I found this for anyone interested in reading

it. I was under the impression that we all knew of someone using this and that is why we decided to use it. Going in to this we all knew it was an at your own risk trial period. Thanks and hope this helps anyone in need of answers :-) Carol P. http://www.drugdige st.org/DD/ DVH/HerbsWho/ 0,3923,4017| Ginkgo,00. html .

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

<<Maybe I am just reacting to a post on downsyn about ginkgo's ability to cause bleeding. Which really is the same with fish oils too.>>

This is what I was worried about and actually posed the question to the folks at the Curing DS site but got no response. What did they say on DownSyn about bleeding?

Sherry

The same thing as the site Carol P posted- that it affects platelets, keeps them from sticking and so more bleeding.

Vit E and fish oils work the same way. It doesn't say so on the sight Carol P posted, but really high doses of C can do the same.

I guess the worry would be putting all those together maybe? I don't see any odd bruising on her and she gets dinged up a lot.

OTH- I was having some very serious bruising and started back taking E and fish oil and it stopped....

Carol in IL

Re: Fwd: Ginkgo

<<Maybe I am just reacting to a post on downsyn about ginkgo's ability to cause bleeding. Which really is the same with fish oils too.>>

This is what I was worried about and actually posed the question to the folks at the Curing DS site but got no response. What did they say on DownSyn about bleeding?

Sherry

• 3 weeks later...

Where are you seeing this info? I had just done a Google search under Ginkgo and liver and Ginkgo and Hep C and came up with just the opposite? I sure don't want to take something that is going to cause further problems, but will it really, where are those studies to be found? Thanks, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Ginko is extremely hepatatoxic , so a

real no no for us heppers Re: Re: Side effects I'll do some research, I havent heard or read that ginko is bad for the liver,, I have tons of books on herbs,, lemme take alook,, Ill post what I find tomorrow <marvindamartian05 > wrote: Maybe I am mistaken? *GASP* LOLI hope I am, because gingko is great for keeping the mind sharp. Let me try and remember where I heard/read that. :)> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Check out this website. http://www.oilpulling.com/ I am going> > to> > > > give this> > > > > a try. If it doesn't work it won't hurt you, but what if it> > > does?> > > > Be sure> > > > > and check out the page on user experiences. Cheap, too.> > > > >> > > > > Nikki> > > > >> > > > > I started drinking mangosteen 3 months into the Interferon. It> > > > > literally took away all of the side effects. I was and still am>

> > > > drinking 6oz per day. I really think the key is to drink as> > much> > > > water> > > > > as possible during your treatment. I have continued to drink> > 6oz> > > > per> > > > > day over the past 2 years. My 3mo, 6mo blood panels show no> > > trace> > > > of> > > > > viral load also my enzymes are back to normal. My 1yr and 2yr> > > blood> > > > > panels show NO TRACE even though I still show positive for Hep> > > C. I> > > > > believe that the mangosteen has made the difference. I also> > > believe> > > > > you have to choose a mangosteen beverage that is a whole fruit> > > > puree so> > > > > that the Xanthone rich pericarp is in the beverage.> > > > > I

will add that I had a friend with HepC and he did not want to> > > > take> > > > > the mangosteen. Three months after he finished the Interferon> > he> > > > viral> > > > > load was back to 1million +. I believe the mangosteen made the> > > > > difference. Please get in touch for more info.> > > > >> > > > > It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope> > > you> > > > have found> > > > > the support you need with us.> > > > >> > > > > If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our> > > > group, just> > > > > click the link--> > > Hepatitis C/> > > > >> > > > > Happy Posting> > > > >

help 1 2 Glossary ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba)-oral Center | Next GENERIC NAME: GINKGO (Ginkgo biloba) - ORAL Medication Uses | How To Use | Side Effects | Precautions | Drug Interactions | Overdose | Notes | Missed Dose | Storage USES: Ginkgo leaves have been used for improving blood flow, memory loss due to certain brain problems (e.g., Alzheimer's disease, stroke), as well as for relieving dizziness, and for ringing in the ears. Some herbal/diet supplement products have been found to contain possibly harmful impurities/additives. Check with your pharmacist for more details regarding the particular brand you use. The FDA has not reviewed this product for safety or effectiveness. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details. HOW TO USE: Take this product by mouth as directed. Follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product for memory loss or brain problems. Your condition may require medical evaluation or prescribed medication. This herbal product should not be used for more than 3 months. Consult your doctor or pharmacist. If your condition

persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention. SIDE EFFECTS: Stomach upset nausea, diarrhea or headache may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor promptly. Very unlikely but report promptly: fainting, trouble speaking, weakness, unusual bleeding or bruising. In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this product, seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling,

dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist. PRECAUTIONS: If you have any of the following health problems, consult your doctor before using this product: blood/bleeding problems (e.g., hemophilia), any allergies. Ginkgo may decrease the ability of blood to clot. Tell medical personnel that you are using this product before you have surgery or dental work performed. Liquid preparations of this product may contain sugar and/or alcohol. Caution is advised if you have diabetes, alcohol dependence or liver disease. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about the safe use of this product. Ginkgo is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before using this product. Because of the potential risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this product is not

recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding. Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: Where are you seeing this info? I had just done a Google search under Ginkgo and liver and Ginkgo and Hep C and came up with just the

opposite? I sure don't want to take something that is going to cause further problems, but will it really, where are those studies to be found? Thanks, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: Ginko is extremely hepatatoxic , so a real no no for us heppers Re: Re: Side effects I'll do some research, I havent heard or read that ginko is bad for the liver,, I have tons of books on herbs,, lemme take alook,, Ill post what I find tomorrow <marvindamartian05 > wrote: Maybe I am mistaken? *GASP* LOLI hope I am, because gingko is great for keeping the mind sharp. Let me try and remember where I heard/read that. :)> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Check out this website. http://www.oilpulling.com/ I am going> > to> > > > give this> > > > > a try. If it doesn't work it won't hurt you, but what if it> > > does?> > > > Be sure> > > > > and check out the page on user experiences. Cheap, too.> > > > >> > > > > Nikki> > > > >> > > > > I started drinking mangosteen 3 months into the Interferon. It> > > > > literally took away all of the side effects. I was and still am> > > > > drinking 6oz per day. I really think the key is to drink as> > much> > > > water> > > > > as possible during your treatment. I have continued to drink> > 6oz> > > > per> > > > > day over the past 2 years. My 3mo, 6mo blood

panels show no> > > trace> > > > of> > > > > viral load also my enzymes are back to normal. My 1yr and 2yr> > > blood> > > > > panels show NO TRACE even though I still show positive for Hep> > > C. I> > > > > believe that the mangosteen has made the difference. I also> > > believe> > > > > you have to choose a mangosteen beverage that is a whole fruit> > > > puree so> > > > > that the Xanthone rich pericarp is in the beverage.> > > > > I will add that I had a friend with HepC and he did not want to> > > > take> > > > > the mangosteen. Three months after he finished the Interferon> > he> > > > viral> > > > > load was back to 1million +. I believe the mangosteen made the>

> > > > difference. Please get in touch for more info.> > > > >> > > > > It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope> > > you> > > > have found> > > > > the support you need with us.> > > > >> > > > > If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our> > > > group, just> > > > > click the link--> > > Hepatitis C/> > > > >> > > > > Happy Posting> > > > >

DRUG INTERACTIONS: Before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription medications you may use, especially: blood thinners (e.g., warfarin), aspirin, NSAIDs (e.g., ibuprofen, naproxen, ketoprofen), trazodone. Check all labels for nonprescription pain relievers or fever reducers, as many contain aspirin or NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, naproxen or ketoprofen. Consult your pharmacist if you are uncertain. OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include seizures. NOTES: Keep all regular medical and laboratory test appointments. MISSED DOSE: If

you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up. STORAGE: Refer to storage information printed on the package. If you have any questions about storage, ask your pharmacist. Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: Where are you seeing this info? I had just done a Google search under Ginkgo and liver and

Ginkgo and Hep C and came up with just the opposite? I sure don't want to take something that is going to cause further problems, but will it really, where are those studies to be found? Thanks, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: Ginko is extremely hepatatoxic , so a real no no for us heppers Re: Re: Side effects I'll do some research, I havent heard or read that ginko is bad for the liver,, I have tons of books on herbs,, lemme take alook,, Ill post what I find tomorrow <marvindamartian05 > wrote: Maybe I am mistaken? *GASP* LOLI hope I am, because gingko is great for keeping the mind sharp. Let me try and remember where I heard/read that. :)> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Check out this website. http://www.oilpulling.com/ I am going> > to> > > > give this> > > > > a try. If it doesn't work it won't hurt you, but what if it> > > does?> > > > Be sure> > > > > and check out the page on user experiences. Cheap, too.> > > > >> > > > > Nikki> > > > >> > > > > I started drinking mangosteen 3 months into the Interferon. It> > > > > literally took away all of the side effects. I was and still am> > > > > drinking 6oz per day. I really think the key is to drink as> > much> > > > water> > > > > as possible during your treatment. I have continued to drink> > 6oz> > > > per> > > > > day over the past 2 years. My 3mo, 6mo blood

panels show no> > > trace> > > > of> > > > > viral load also my enzymes are back to normal. My 1yr and 2yr> > > blood> > > > > panels show NO TRACE even though I still show positive for Hep> > > C. I> > > > > believe that the mangosteen has made the difference. I also> > > believe> > > > > you have to choose a mangosteen beverage that is a whole fruit> > > > puree so> > > > > that the Xanthone rich pericarp is in the beverage.> > > > > I will add that I had a friend with HepC and he did not want to> > > > take> > > > > the mangosteen. Three months after he finished the Interferon> > he> > > > viral> > > > > load was back to 1million +. I believe the mangosteen made the>

> > > > difference. Please get in touch for more info.> > > > >> > > > > It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope> > > you> > > > have found> > > > > the support you need with us.> > > > >> > > > > If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our> > > > group, just> > > > > click the link--> > > Hepatitis C/> > > > >> > > > > Happy Posting> > > > >

Sheena I will look up in my herb books and see what I can find,, but until then,, do not stress it,, didnt your doc say that it was ok? I though I read where you went over all the supplements you are taking and he was ok with it,,Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: Where are you seeing this info? I had just done a Google search under Ginkgo and liver and Ginkgo and Hep C and came up with just the opposite? I sure don't want to take something that

is going to cause further problems, but will it really, where are those studies to be found? Thanks, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: Ginko is extremely hepatatoxic , so a real no no for us heppers Re: Re: Side effects I'll do some research, I havent heard or read that ginko is bad for the liver,, I have tons of books on herbs,, lemme take alook,, Ill post what I find tomorrow <marvindamartian05 > wrote: Maybe I am mistaken? *GASP* LOLI hope I am, because gingko is great for keeping the mind sharp. Let me try and remember where I heard/read that. :)> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Check out this website. http://www.oilpulling.com/ I am

going> > to> > > > give this> > > > > a try. If it doesn't work it won't hurt you, but what if it> > > does?> > > > Be sure> > > > > and check out the page on user experiences. Cheap, too.> > > > >> > > > > Nikki> > > > >> > > > > I started drinking mangosteen 3 months into the Interferon. It> > > > > literally took away all of the side effects. I was and still am> > > > > drinking 6oz per day. I really think the key is to drink as> > much> > > > water> > > > > as possible during your treatment. I have continued to drink> > 6oz> > > > per> > > > > day over the past 2 years. My 3mo, 6mo blood panels show no> > > trace> > > > of> >

> > > viral load also my enzymes are back to normal. My 1yr and 2yr> > > blood> > > > > panels show NO TRACE even though I still show positive for Hep> > > C. I> > > > > believe that the mangosteen has made the difference. I also> > > believe> > > > > you have to choose a mangosteen beverage that is a whole fruit> > > > puree so> > > > > that the Xanthone rich pericarp is in the beverage.> > > > > I will add that I had a friend with HepC and he did not want to> > > > take> > > > > the mangosteen. Three months after he finished the Interferon> > he> > > > viral> > > > > load was back to 1million +. I believe the mangosteen made the> > > > > difference. Please get in touch for more info.>

> > > >> > > > > It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope> > > you> > > > have found> > > > > the support you need with us.> > > > >> > > > > If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our> > > > group, just> > > > > click the link--> > > Hepatitis C/> > > > >> > > > > Happy Posting> > > > >

I was thinking of St s wart , but ginko does have drug interactions so your doc should be talked to before you start taking any suppliments .

Re: Re: Side effects

I'll do some research, I havent heard or read that ginko is bad for the liver,, I have tons of books on herbs,, lemme take alook,, Ill post what I find tomorrow <marvindamartian05 > wrote:

Maybe I am mistaken? *GASP* LOLI hope I am, because gingko is great for keeping the mind sharp. Let me try and remember where I heard/read that. :)> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Check out this website. http://www.oilpulling.com/ I am going> > to> > > > give this> > > > > a try. If it doesn't work it won't hurt you, but what if it> > > does?> > > > Be sure> > > > > and check out the page on user experiences. Cheap, too.> > > > >> > > > > Nikki> > > > >> > > > > I started drinking mangosteen 3 months into the Interferon. It> > > > > literally took away all of the side effects. I was and still am> > > > > drinking 6oz per day. I really think the key is to drink as> > much> > > > water> > > > > as possible during your treatment. I have continued to drink> > 6oz> > > > per> > > > > day over the past 2 years. My 3mo, 6mo blood panels show no> > > trace> > > > of> > > > > viral load also my enzymes are back to normal. My 1yr and 2yr> > > blood> > > > > panels show NO TRACE even though I still show positive for Hep> > > C. I> > > > > believe that the mangosteen has made the difference. I also> > > believe> > > > > you have to choose a mangosteen beverage that is a whole fruit> > > > puree so> > > > > that the Xanthone rich pericarp is in the beverage.> > > > > I will add that I had a friend with HepC and he did not want to> > > > take> > > > > the mangosteen. Three months after he finished the Interferon> > he> > > > viral> > > > > load was back to 1million +. I believe the mangosteen made the> > > > > difference. Please get in touch for more info.> > > > >> > > > > It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope> > > you> > > > have found> > > > > the support you need with us.> > > > >> > > > > If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our> > > > group, just> > > > > click the link--> > > Hepatitis C/> > > > >> > > > > Happy Posting> > > > >

Thanks, Tim, that's clear enough,Yikes! Sheena Hillbilly Tim <knoxweb1@...> wrote: help 1 2 Glossary ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba)-oral Center | Next GENERIC NAME: GINKGO (Ginkgo biloba) - ORAL Medication Uses | How To Use | Side Effects | Precautions | Drug Interactions | Overdose | Notes | Missed Dose | Storage USES: Ginkgo leaves have been used for improving blood flow, memory loss due to certain brain problems (e.g., Alzheimer's disease, stroke), as well as for relieving dizziness, and for ringing in the ears. Some herbal/diet supplement products have been found to contain possibly harmful impurities/additives. Check with your pharmacist for more details regarding the particular brand you use. The FDA has not reviewed this product for safety or effectiveness. Consult

your doctor or pharmacist for more details. HOW TO USE: Take this product by mouth as directed. Follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product for memory loss or brain problems. Your condition may require medical evaluation or prescribed medication. This herbal product should not be used for more than 3 months. Consult your doctor or pharmacist. If your condition persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention. SIDE EFFECTS: Stomach upset nausea, diarrhea or headache may occur. If

any of these effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor promptly. Very unlikely but report promptly: fainting, trouble speaking, weakness, unusual bleeding or bruising. In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this product, seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist. PRECAUTIONS: If you have any of the following health problems, consult your doctor before using this product: blood/bleeding problems (e.g., hemophilia), any allergies. Ginkgo may decrease the ability of blood to clot. Tell medical personnel that you are using this product before

you have surgery or dental work performed. Liquid preparations of this product may contain sugar and/or alcohol. Caution is advised if you have diabetes, alcohol dependence or liver disease. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about the safe use of this product. Ginkgo is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before using this product. Because of the potential risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this product is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding. Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Where are you seeing this info? I had just done a Google search under Ginkgo and liver and Ginkgo and Hep C and came up with just the opposite? I sure don't want to take something that is going to cause further problems, but will it really, where are those studies to be found? Thanks, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: Ginko is extremely hepatatoxic , so a real no no for us heppers Re: Re: Side effects I'll do some research, I havent heard or read that ginko is bad for the liver,, I have tons of books on herbs,, lemme take alook,, Ill post what I find tomorrow <marvindamartian05 > wrote: Maybe I am mistaken? *GASP* LOLI

hope I am, because gingko is great for keeping the mind sharp. Let me try and remember where I heard/read that. :)> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Check out this website. http://www.oilpulling.com/ I am going> > to> > > > give this> > > > > a try. If it doesn't work it won't hurt you, but what if it> > > does?> > > > Be sure> > > > > and check out the page on user experiences. Cheap, too.> > > > >> > > > > Nikki> > > > >> > > > > I started drinking mangosteen 3 months into the Interferon. It> > > > > literally took away all of the side effects. I was and still am> > > > > drinking 6oz per day. I really think the key is to drink as> > much> >

> > water> > > > > as possible during your treatment. I have continued to drink> > 6oz> > > > per> > > > > day over the past 2 years. My 3mo, 6mo blood panels show no> > > trace> > > > of> > > > > viral load also my enzymes are back to normal. My 1yr and 2yr> > > blood> > > > > panels show NO TRACE even though I still show positive for Hep> > > C. I> > > > > believe that the mangosteen has made the difference. I also> > > believe> > > > > you have to choose a mangosteen beverage that is a whole fruit> > > > puree so> > > > > that the Xanthone rich pericarp is in the beverage.> > > > > I will add that I had a friend with HepC and he did not want to> > > > take> > >

> > the mangosteen. Three months after he finished the Interferon> > he> > > > viral> > > > > load was back to 1million +. I believe the mangosteen made the> > > > > difference. Please get in touch for more info.> > > > >> > > > > It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope> > > you> > > > have found> > > > > the support you need with us.> > > > >> > > > > If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our> > > > group, just> > > > > click the link--> > > Hepatitis C/> > > > >> > > > > Happy Posting> > > > >

Groups Links> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ---------------------------------> > > > > Sponsored Link> > > > >> > > > > Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only! Choose Cingular, Sprint,> > > > Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > >>Jackie Everyone is raving about the all-new beta. Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

Nope, not at all, it was not on the List of approved supplements that she gave me! Not stressing, I just like to see facts, that's really always for the best.. Thanks! Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Sheena I will look up in my herb books and see what I can find,, but until then,, do not stress it,, didnt your doc say that it was ok? I though I read where you went over all the

supplements you are taking and he was ok with it,,Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Where are you seeing this info? I had just done a Google search under Ginkgo and liver and Ginkgo and Hep C and came up with just the opposite? I sure don't want to take something that is going to cause further problems, but will it really, where are those studies to be found? Thanks, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: Ginko is extremely hepatatoxic , so a real no no for us heppers Re: Re: Side effects I'll do some research, I havent heard or read that ginko is bad for the liver,, I have tons of books on herbs,, lemme take alook,, Ill post what I find tomorrow <marvindamartian05 > wrote: Maybe I am mistaken? *GASP* LOLI hope I am, because gingko is great for keeping the mind sharp. Let me try and remember where I heard/read that. :)> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Check out this website. http://www.oilpulling.com/ I am going> > to> > > > give this> > > > > a try. If it doesn't work it won't hurt you, but what if it> > > does?> > > > Be sure> > > > > and check out the page on user experiences. Cheap, too.> > > > >> > > > > Nikki> > > > >> > > > > I started drinking mangosteen 3 months into the Interferon. It> > > > > literally took away all of the side effects. I was and still am>

> > > > drinking 6oz per day. I really think the key is to drink as> > much> > > > water> > > > > as possible during your treatment. I have continued to drink> > 6oz> > > > per> > > > > day over the past 2 years. My 3mo, 6mo blood panels show no> > > trace> > > > of> > > > > viral load also my enzymes are back to normal. My 1yr and 2yr> > > blood> > > > > panels show NO TRACE even though I still show positive for Hep> > > C. I> > > > > believe that the mangosteen has made the difference. I also> > > believe> > > > > you have to choose a mangosteen beverage that is a whole fruit> > > > puree so> > > > > that the Xanthone rich pericarp is in the beverage.> > > > > I

will add that I had a friend with HepC and he did not want to> > > > take> > > > > the mangosteen. Three months after he finished the Interferon> > he> > > > viral> > > > > load was back to 1million +. I believe the mangosteen made the> > > > > difference. Please get in touch for more info.> > > > >> > > > > It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope> > > you> > > > have found> > > > > the support you need with us.> > > > >> > > > > If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our> > > > group, just> > > > > click the link--> > > Hepatitis C/> > > > >> > > > > Happy Posting> > > > >

• 2 months later...

that is interesting...okay...i could see that casey is doing some more with gingko, but not much improvement... i m looking for different kind of gingko... i buy a basic gingko one from grocery store. Could i have that kirkman's website address again, please, smile? kkCarol in IL <ps1272000@...> wrote: After reading Carol P's Gingko account, thought I would add mine too. Sometime between Thanksgiving and

Christmas I lost my bottle in some VERY full cupboards. So I let it slide. After a while I noticed she was really struggling to say "Maypril". She was stuck on getting the M out and just hung there for about seconds trying to get her mouth and brain in sync. It was painful to watch. I started it up again ( and bought new from Kirkman's which I like even better ) and by golly... Maypril is now rolling off her tongue MUCH easier!! It was very noticable. So even though I didn't notice a huge improvement on it, I did notice a decline off of it. Carol in IL Mom to seven including , 6 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me. Join our Down Syndrome information group - Down Syndrome Treatment/ Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic Never Miss an EmailStay connected with on your mobile. Get started!

http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/products/specialty/gingko/H_Ginko_Biloba_C_100_Spec031.html

Kirkman's Gingko Biloba Hypoallergenic Capsules

Carol in IL Mom to seven including , 6 with TOF, AVcanal, GERD, LS, Asthma, subglottal stenosis, and DS.My problem is not how I look. It's how you see me.

Join our Down Syndrome information group -

Down Syndrome Treatment/

Listen to oldest dd's music http://www.myspace.com/vennamusic

Re: Ginkgo

Carol,

Can you tell me the exact name of the gingko you get from Kirkmans?

Thanks,

Caroline

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

I guess I'll post what we've experienced with the Ginkgo and my brother. We use Nature's Way Ginkgold - we order it from INI (www.nutrivene.com). It's supposed to be a really good brand.

With my brother we've noticed that the delayed response time has gone down. It's very clear when I do the flash cards with him. I always do a sign and cue the word that's on the flash card. He really likes to copy me. Normally, it would go I do the card, say & cue the word and then do a sign for it. Then his twin sister would do the sign, and then he would do it. Lately, with almost every single card, right when I say the word or directly after I do the sign, he does the sign and he'll try to cue the word. Then, his twin sister will do it. Sometimes they both do it simultaneously, but often he does it before her. That is a major improvement. He is also starting to talk MUCH more and trying to talk alot too. He will also say words right after I say the word on the card. Like with the card I do that says "Sister", he immediently looks over to his twin sister and says "sissa" or "sissy". He very readily knows who everybody is in the family and even who our friends are.

I believe it's definently benefited him. We give him 30-40mgs a day - in the morning.

Also, I notice a delay in him, particularly with the flash cards when we do not give him the ginkgo for a day or a few days.

Qadoshyah

*Got Down Syndrome?

www.gotdownsyndrome.net

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

An ancient Chinese herb, ginkgo is one of the best-researched herbs in the world. Studies show that it increases blood flow to the brain and lower extremities. It has been shown to improve memory and relieve signs of senility. It also helps prevent blood clots and has been used for circulation problems such as phlebitis. Other studies have found it helped patients with vertigo and tinnitus, or ringing in the ears. It also is an antioxidant, slowing the formation of free radicals. It may slow aging, help prevent cancer and relieve symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. Suzi List Owner health/ http://360./suziesgoats What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.