RemedySpot.com

Sprouting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey Cheryl,

Sprouts are so easy! Even I can do it. In the files there is a great instructional post/file, hold on, let me see if I can find it.....got it. Go to the Files section, then How To, then How To Sprout. Try this link health/files/HOW%20TO/

I have a sprouter we got from a place like Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods, back in CA. It is a cylinder with screw on ends that are like mesh. You put the seeds in and run water through it a couple times a day and let it sit in the sun. Super easy.

Another method is make one using a canning jar and lid. Get some mesh, like you use to repair a screen door or window (local harware store) and cut a piece bigger than the mouth of the jar. Use the lid ring without the insert and screw it on. After putting in a teaspoon or two of your favourite mix. Rinse daily and drain. I put mine upside down at an angle so all water drains out and air can still get in.

We make a lot at a time. Bag them up in single serving freezer bags. They are a great snack when you feel like munching, but don't want to eat crap like chips or candy.

Hope this helps! Let us know.

Peace, love, laughter

I bought a self learning record to learn Spanish. I turned it on and went to sleep; the record got stuck. The next day I could only stutter in Spanish.

Hey !

I'm an idiot in the kitchen - couldn't even get wheatgrass to grow and someone told me it was impossible to screw up wheatgrass.. . Anyway, I really want to make sprouts a part of my diet but the stuff at the store looks iffy. Can you recommend some idiot proof directions to grow my own or maybe a book to guide me? Thanks so much!

Peace on earth.

Cheryl