RemedySpot.com

Re: [SPAM] WAY off topic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Whoa!!!!! Feng Shui or not...I'd ditch that color in a quick hurry!!! Just speaking for myself here....a couple (or maybe three) coats of white primer and then a nice neutral color and a couple of water fountains and some nice plants and a soft neutral carpet unless you have some really nice hard wood floors under there, then I'd use them instead, and there you have it. A wonderful, peaceful sewing room that you (or I) could lose yourself in.

Just my $1.00 (inflation) worth

Beannacht

Lynn

[sPAM] WAY off topic

WARNING! This has nothing to do with health, but you are my friends and when I have a question I usually ask my friends.

My daughter moved out and I am making her room my sewing room. She was allowed to paint it any way she liked. She chose HOT pink (picture Barbie but glow in the dark bright)! And to top it off it's high gloss. Ceiling and all walls.

We had a feng shui consultation a while back and she thought the colors and designs on the walls were very creative and would work for my sewing room, however, I cannot see colors when I am in the room! Not a good thing for sewing and quilting! She (feng shui lady) thought maybe to just put a wash of white over the pink to tone it down and keep the creativity of the room. I'm all for that, but don't know if I have to do anything to the walls first or if I do prep the walls will it make the white "grab" too well and then I'm into a mess of having to paint everything three times to get to all white and a new path of color for the room? (Phew, that was quite a sentence!)

Thanks for any knowledge any of you can impart to my new adventure.

Shari

Guest guest

Thanks Lynn, but the room is too teeny, tiny for a fountain. And I really don't want to lose my daughter's creative input in the room. I do like the pink I just can't see colors in there. I need vibrance to create. A neutral room with a water fountain would put me to sleep!

Made me laugh about the floor. She's got glow-in-the-dark bar carpet in there! Actually it needs a black light to glow, but it is black background with a green/pink/blue/yellow "worm" pattern in it! LOL You'd really be bonkers in there!!!

S

Guest guest

You're going to have problems seeing to sew with all those bright colors.. (sorry) but it sounds bright and cheery.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

From: SV <shavig@...>Subject: Re: [sPAM] WAY off topichealth Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 2:44 PM

Thanks Lynn, but the room is too teeny, tiny for a fountain. And I really don't want to lose my daughter's creative input in the room. I do like the pink I just can't see colors in there. I need vibrance to create. A neutral room with a water fountain would put me to sleep!

Made me laugh about the floor. She's got glow-in-the-dark bar carpet in there! Actually it needs a black light to glow, but it is black background with a green/pink/blue/yellow "worm" pattern in it! LOL You'd really be bonkers in there!!!

Guest guest

I know Suzanne, that's why it was suggested I put a white "wash" over the top to tone it down and I'm trying to find out how to do that on high gloss paint.

Guess I'll just go to Home Depot and hope the person knows what they are talking about!

Shari

Guest guest

What about painting the wall in front of your sewing machine off white? You can hang a white sheet on the wall to test before you commit to paint.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiaaeranch@...