RemedySpot.com

Raw Zuc dinner

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Raw Zucchini Noodles with Marinara Sauce Recipe

Serves 3 to 4

Ingredients:

6 to 8 firm zucchini1 cup sun-dried tomatoes1 1/2 cups blended tomatoes2 tablespoons chopped onion2 cloves garlic, peeled2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil1/2 cup fresh lemon juiceSea salt, to taste

Directions:

1. Use a vegetable slicer like the LURCH Spiralo to make thin, long noodles out of zucchini. If you don't have a spiral slicer, use a sharp knife to quarter zucchini length-wise, and cut the thinnest strips possible.

If possible, make zucchini noodles about six hours before serving, and let noodles sit in a bowl, uncovered, at room temperature - this improves the texture of the noodles.

2. Use a good blender to combine all of the other ingredients, and blend until desired consistency is reached.

3. When noodles are ready, combine pasta sauce with noodles, give the noodles and sauce a good toss, and serve. This zucchini noodle pasta dish goes really well with a side of avocado.

Beyond the health-related benefits, a big reason why I've become a fan of raw zucchini noodles is that zucchini is super simple to grow.

When we started a small vegetable garden a few summers ago, my grandmother had us plant nothing but sesame leaves and zucchini plants. As she put it in Korean, "you can't mess these up."

And she was absolutely right, of course. Once you plant a zucchini plant, it's near impossible not to enjoy a healthy crop of zucchini.

Since that first summer of becoming an *ah hem* EXPERT zucchini grower, I've been planting three or four zucchini plants in our garden each year, and each plant has usually yielded about 20-30 zucchinis.

There's definitely something special about growing some of your own food, so if you don't have a garden but are eager to give one a try, I encourage you to visit a local nursery and pick up a zucchini plant or two to get started.

As my grandmother told me, you just can't mess this up.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.