RemedySpot.com

Re: Shari! I think I may have an answer to your off topic topic!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Shari - It depends on what sort of finish you're after. <shrug>

I "fossilized" one wall. It was maybe 5 or six steps, in all. The last one before giving what ever color WASH you wanted was to paint the wall in HI GLOSS white.

This wall I'm talking about is very, very green. And the overall tone of the color is a rich piney/teal dark green. However, since the way to color wash a hi gloss white wall is to use a dampened (NOT wet!) sponge to apply it, so that the overall effect is one of muting the top coat color and coverage without looking like you just ran out of steam, I can have this tone of green without it overwhelming the room. Which it would. I should think using white over hi gloss color would work the same way, but if you just roller or brush it on, it's simply going to look like you didn't put enough coats on.

Probably not what you're after.

Sounds like you might want to try the white with a bigfat, soft sponge - predampened so as not to be hard or crunchy, but not WET. That would just thin your top color coat and make it run. Also probably not what you're after. !! But I'd be willing to bet that with one coat - maybe two, but not a big deal - the softening you'll see is what you were thinking about in the first place.

I hope!

So, if you're going to do that finish - DO NOT SAND IT!! (And you can use a semi-gloss white for your top coat).

Meanwhile - strength and serenity to your family while coping with the circumstances.

Ev

I guess maybe I gave you too much information. All I want to know is, how do I paint or wash over high gloss paint. Forget everything I said about the color that is not the issue.

has probably answered my question, though.

Going out of town to the mother in law. They have finally told her there is nothing more they can do for her. Don't know if they have stopped with the feeding tube or what, but we are leaving right now.

Be back after the weekend.

Shari