RemedySpot.com

Varicose Veins

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/5/06 5:44:28 PM, lorimaynard@... writes:

> My 12 yo daughter has recently developed varicose veins behind one knee.

> Could this be related to RA or to the MTX or Humira she is taking?

>

>

Lori,

I would think none of the above, but am not a doc!

Is she overweight at all?

Pris

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/5/2006 7:44:51 PM Central Standard Time,

lorimaynard@... writes:

My 12 yo daughter has recently developed varicose veins behind one knee.

Could this be related to RA or to the MTX or Humira she is taking?

Lori, I dont know why she has gotten varicose veins so early. I didnt start

getting them till i was pregnant with my son... Maybe one e of the other

members has an idea. HUGS

No man is ever completely worthless.

He can at least be used as a bad example!

http://www1.myspace.com/julz2kidz

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

In addition to horsechestnut, what helped my unsightly spider veins was vit.e 400-800i.U. and high doses of vit.c. I had started to get those injections to make them go away. But they were too painful too continue. My legs look so much better now and they have not come back unless I stop the supplements. Hope that helps someone. :)

-- Re: [ ] Cracking like crazy

Hello

I think the herb you might be thinking of is called Horse

Chestnut which is beneficial for veins.

Here's a link that talks about some studies done....

http://www.raysahelian.com/horsechestnut.html

I am not a representative for this herb.

I have problems with Varicose Veins that cause me

pain especially after over exertion. I used Horse Chestnut Herb for the pain and it is amazing how

well it works for that.

Here's another site that talks about Horse Chestnut...

http://viableherbal.com/singles/Herbs/s365.htm

On this website they say this > > > "Herbalists recommend Horse Chestnut for those struggling with unsightly varicose leg veins, and Horse Chestnut can improve the tone of veins and increase the flow of blood through them." (emphasis mine)

Apparently Horse Chestnut works on all the veins and maybe

even arteries. This is so typical of herbs. Often they are

doing good things in your body that you aren't even aware is

happening. Aren't herbs wonderful?

Helen

cahydesmond <cahydesmond@...> wrote:

---Would this be the same herb that is used to help your veins? I have done a lot of IVS and I remember a nurse telling me about taking some herb that would help me with my veins so that I could continue taking the ivs. Is that it? cathy In , Dilworth <rogerdil@...> wrote:>> Yes, according to one of my herbal books, horsetail is indeed high in silica. Parts used are the upper stems and it can be put into capsules or used as an infusion "maximum of 2 cups daily."> > helen/zhebee <zhebee@...> wrote: > > Hello Tony> > The Silica Gel comes from a weed that is plentiful in> some, if not all, parts of the country. It is commonly > called Horse Tail, if I am not mistaken. Maybe a > Google would tell you more. It grows in abundance > on the west coast. I know it is in huge abundance> and is used in some computer parts. Horse Tail > weed is very good for you but don't ask me how> you would eat the weed. I don't know. Maybe you> could make your own extract. If you google 'extracts'> you should be able to find instructions for making> extracts and tinctures. > > Helen just gave you all another freebie. :))> > Helen> > > > arthur rambo <alquitit@...> wrote:> No that is not the same edible silica. This is a semi-liquid and is in a red, white, and blue box. Its in HFS. > > Re: [ ] Re: Cracking like crazy> > Hallo Arthur,> Silica Gel ?? is that the product in small packets packed with new electronic equipment and > such? Used produce a dry environment ? And heh heh, says "do not eat" ?> > If so, do you have any idea how it works? > > Tony Moody> > On 13 May 2008 at 13:54, arthur rambo wrote about :> Subject : Re: [miracle_mineral_ supplement] Re > > > When I broke a leg several years ago, I went back to work too soon,> > and it was taking a long time to heal. When I started taking Silica> > Gel, it seemed to heal overnight. HFS have it in the supplement dept.> > Vitamin c is said to be important for connective tissue. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Total Body Cleanse! Acid Reflux? Constipation?> More Energy..Look younger..ImproveLungs/Brain> www.holyteaclub.com/zhebee Make $s if desired!> Helen, Ind Rep for HTC 604-420-1544>

Total Body Cleanse! Acid Reflux? Constipation?

More Energy..Look younger..ImproveLungs/Brain www.holyteaclub.com/zhebee Make $s if desired! Helen, Ind Rep for HTC 604-420-1544

Guest guest

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. cathysusan <ssiegel5@...> wrote: In addition to horsechestnut, what helped my unsightly spider veins was vit.e 400-800i.U. and high doses of vit.c. I had started to get

those injections to make them go away. But they were too painful too continue. My legs look so much better now and they have not come back unless I stop the supplements. Hope that helps someone. :) -- Re: [ ] Cracking like crazy Hello I think the herb you might be thinking of is called Horse Chestnut which is beneficial for veins. Here's a link that talks about some studies done.... http://www.raysahelian.com/horsechestnut.html I am not a representative for this herb. I have problems with

Varicose Veins that cause me pain especially after over exertion. I used Horse Chestnut Herb for the pain and it is amazing how well it works for that. Here's another site that talks about Horse Chestnut... http://viableherbal.com/singles/Herbs/s365.htm On this website they say this > > > "Herbalists recommend Horse Chestnut for those struggling with unsightly varicose leg veins, and Horse Chestnut can improve the tone of

veins and increase the flow of blood through them." (emphasis mine) Apparently Horse Chestnut works on all the veins and maybe even arteries. This is so typical of herbs. Often they are doing good things in your body that you aren't even aware is happening. Aren't herbs wonderful? Helen cahydesmond <cahydesmond > wrote: ---Would this be the same herb that is used to help your veins? I have done a lot of IVS and I remember a nurse telling me about taking some herb that would help me with my

veins so that I could continue taking the ivs. Is that it? cathy In , Dilworth <rogerdil@...> wrote:>> Yes, according to one of my herbal books, horsetail is indeed high in silica. Parts used are the upper stems and it can be put into capsules or used as an infusion "maximum of 2 cups daily."> > helen/zhebee <zhebee@...> wrote: > > Hello Tony> > The Silica Gel comes from a weed that is plentiful in> some, if not all, parts of the country. It is commonly > called Horse Tail, if I am not mistaken. Maybe a > Google would tell you more. It grows in abundance > on the west coast. I know it is in huge abundance> and is used in some computer parts. Horse Tail > weed is very good for you but don't ask me

how> you would eat the weed. I don't know. Maybe you> could make your own extract. If you google 'extracts'> you should be able to find instructions for making> extracts and tinctures. > > Helen just gave you all another freebie. :))> > Helen> > > > arthur rambo <alquitit@...> wrote:> No that is not the same edible silica. This is a semi-liquid and is in a red, white, and blue box. Its in HFS. > > Re: [ ] Re: Cracking like crazy> > Hallo Arthur,> Silica Gel ?? is that the product in small packets packed with new electronic equipment

and > such? Used produce a dry environment ? And heh heh, says "do not eat" ?> > If so, do you have any idea how it works? > > Tony Moody> > On 13 May 2008 at 13:54, arthur rambo wrote about :> Subject : Re: [miracle_mineral_ supplement] Re > > > When I broke a leg several years ago, I went back to work too soon,> > and it was taking a long time to heal. When I started taking Silica> > Gel, it seemed to heal overnight. HFS have it in the supplement dept.> > Vitamin c is said to be important for connective tissue. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Total Body Cleanse! Acid Reflux? Constipation?> More Energy..Look younger..ImproveLungs/Brain> www.holyteaclub.com/zhebee Make $s if desired!> Helen, Ind Rep for

HTC 604-420-1544> Total Body Cleanse! Acid Reflux? Constipation? More Energy..Look younger..ImproveLungs/Brain www.holyteaclub.com/zhebee Make $s if desired! Helen, Ind Rep for HTC 604-420-1544

Guest guest

The really simple way to get rid of spider veins is to take Dr. Wong's new

formula called

Zymessence which is the new updated more powerful version of Vitalzym. I have

used it

for years for other things and helped my friends get rid of spider veins,

endometriosis,

scar tissue from injuries, high blood pressure, tendonitis, etc. I'm so excited

about Dr.

Wong's new product, Zymessence that I am going to become a distributor of it

because I

think it is one of the most vital things we can put in our bodies.

The website: www.zymessence.com provides alot of information. If you wnat to buy

it,

please let me know. I don't care one way or the other if you buy it from me if

you decide

to go that direction, but I would rather see me get the extra cash while on

disability than

the company, wouldn't you?

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions. Also, to go right to

the source,

Dr. Wong has many websites which very thoroughly explains how it works. THey've

been

using these type of enzymes in Europe for 40 yrs with great success. If you

know anyone

with endometriosis or fibroids, this is a lifesaver!

I can't say enough about this product!

ALl the best,

andra : )

> > No that is not the same edible silica. This is a semi-

> liquid and is in a red, white, and blue box. Its in HFS.

> >

> > Re: [ ] Re: Cracking like crazy

> >

> > Hallo Arthur,

> > Silica Gel ?? is that the product in small packets packed with new

> electronic equipment and

> > such? Used produce a dry environment ? And heh heh, says " do not

> eat " ?

> >

> > If so, do you have any idea how it works?

> >

> > Tony Moody

> >

> > On 13 May 2008 at 13:54, arthur rambo wrote about :

> > Subject : Re: [miracle_mineral_ supplement] Re

> >

> > > When I broke a leg several years ago, I went back to work too

> soon,

> > > and it was taking a long time to heal. When I started taking

> Silica

> > > Gel, it seemed to heal overnight. HFS have it in the supplement

> dept.

> > > Vitamin c is said to be important for connective tissue.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Total Body Cleanse! Acid Reflux? Constipation?

> > More Energy..Look younger..ImproveLungs/Brain

> > www.holyteaclub.com/zhebee Make $s if desired!

> > Helen, Ind Rep for HTC 604-420-1544

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Total Body Cleanse! Acid Reflux? Constipation?

> More Energy..Look younger..ImproveLungs/Brain

> www.holyteaclub.com/zhebee Make $s if desired!

> Helen, Ind Rep for HTC 604-420-1544

>

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

How to Prevent the Formation of Varicose Veins

By Dr. Ben Kim

Varicose veins are enlarged and often swollen veins that can become visible under the skin of your legs. In order to understand what can be done to prevent the formation of varicose veins, you must first understand some basic anatomical and physiological facts about the veins in your body, which will allow for a good understanding of the root causes of varicose veins.

Your veins are vessels that carry blood from all of the cells of your body to your heart. Whereas your arteries allow your blood to carry oxygen and nutrients to your cells to nourish them, your veins allow your blood to carry carbon dioxide and other waste products away from your cells to prevent them from becoming cluttered with unusable substances.

Clearly, your health is best supported when blood flows strongly and evenly through your blood vessels. Blood is pushed through your arteries and capillaries by the force of each contraction of your heart. But this force weakens considerably by the time that your blood reaches your veins, for the simple reason that your arteries and capillaries are closer to your heart than your veins are.

Fortunately, your body was designed to facilitate steady flow of blood through your veins in the following ways:

All of your veins contain one-way valves that cause blood to flow toward your heart whenever your veins experience any amount of external or internal force. The bulk of your large, deeply located veins are embedded within your muscles. As you go about your activities of daily living, each contraction of your muscles puts some pressure on your veins, which helps to promote blood flow toward your heart. Many of your veins travel side-by-side with companion arteries. Each contraction of your heart produces a wave of force through your arteries, and each wave causes the muscular walls of your arteries to pulsate. These visible and palpable pulses can be transmitted to side-lying veins, and can therefore be another steady if not spectacular source of pumping power that keeps blood flowing through your veins.

How Do Varicose Veins Develop?

You can develop varicose veins if your blood does not flow steadily through your veins. Without steady flow, blood can begin to pool in small but significant amounts in your veins, which can cause your veins to enlarge. Hemorrhoids are varicose veins that can appear around your anal sphincter. If you develop varicose veins, chances are that they will appear in your lower extremities.

Why Should You Strive To Prevent The Formation Of Varicose Veins?

If left unaddressed, they can become painful, especially while you walk or stand. Varicose veins can be itchy, to an extent where uncontrollable scratching (usually while sleeping) can lead to ulcer formation. Although rare in incidence, varicose veins can be a source of clot material that can break off, travel to your lungs, and cause acute respiratory and cardiovascular challenges.

How Can You Prevent The Formation Of Varicose Veins?

The most important and obvious requirement for preventing the formation of varicose veins is to build and maintain a healthy cardiovascular system through regular exercise and a plant-centered, minimally processed diet. When your heart is strong and your blood vessels are clean and flexible, your veins stand an excellent chance of experiencing strong and even blood flow. For specific recommendations on how to build and maintain a healthy cardiovascular system, view the following article on diabetes:

Most Important Measures To Prevent Diabetes Mellitus Type 2

Take care of your liver. A significant portion of your venous blood flow travels through your liver before being returned to your heart (think of your liver as a gas station that refuels your blood with nutrients, to be delivered to your cells). If your liver is stressed on a regular basis, it can begin to degenerate, starting with a state of chronic inflammation, moving on to becoming fatty, and finally transforming into hard, fibrotic, non-functional tissue (cirrhosis). Each of these stages of degeneration can cause pooling of blood in your leg veins, since blood can no longer travel efficiently through your liver.

What are the most important measures that you can take to protect your liver against degeneration? Minimize your exposure to alcohol, acetaminophen, and prescription medication, all of which cause direct insult to your liver cells.

Take care of your lungs. All of the blood that is returned to your heart from your venous system is sent to your lungs, where fresh oxygen is added, to be delivered to your cells. If you develop lung disease, the flow of blood between your heart and lungs can be strained, which can ultimately be enough of an roadblock to cause blood to pool in your veins, much like a sick liver can.

Safeguarding the health of your lungs requires that you minimize your exposure to all kinds of dust (especially those that are produced by sanding construction materials like drywall mud and treated wood) and tobacco. It's easy to overlook the importance of breathing in only fresh air and avoiding invisible or very fine airborne pollutants. Please do some research on the health challenges faced by many 9/11 Ground Zero workers to understand how critical the air you breathe is to your respiratory and overall health.

Ensure intake of foods that are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids. Vitamin C and flavonoids are essential to building and protecting strong blood vessels that can weather some of the stressors that can lead to varicose veins and associated problems.

Acerola cherries are an excellent food source of the full vitamin C complex.

Raw chocolate is the single best food source of flavonoids that I know of.

If you already have varicose veins, two additional measures that may be helpful in healing your enlarged veins are:

Lie on your back and elevate your legs by resting them against the wall, a chair or a couch. Let gravity be your friend. Ask your doctor to prescribe graduated compression stockings that you can wear to exert pressure of 30–40 mmHg to your legs.

Note: Varicose veins that result from pregnancy are usually due to increased pressure by the growing womb on the inferior vena cava, one of the two largest veins in your body. With adherence to the food and lifestyle choices that are outlined in this article, most varicose veins that form during pregnancy dissipate on their own as the mother returns to her pre-pregnancy lifestyle.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.