RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: GREENS!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is it hot? Is it HOT??? Ai, chihuahua! Si, si! Muy caliente!

The river valley here is only about 4,800' elevation, and it's truly ungodly in the summer. I want up and out!

But thanks for the leads on what I could try!Ev

Is it hot where you live? Most greens don't appreciate the summer heat. Radishes do, so do some kinds of oriental greens, like the hybrid Joi Choi. Arugula will stand the heat too.

Gayla

Guest guest

Gayla - my arugala is going to seed without doing much in the leaf department. I keep pinching them off, but I swear they grow 6" in a day! I am eating what I pinch, but I want big nice leaves.

Guide me o'wise one in the greens department.............Shari

Guest guest

I don't particularly like arugula, so I don't know the finer points of growing it. Once they start to go to seed, whether from heat, stress or some internal timing, forget it.

Try watermelon radish for greens. This spring I think I ate radish greens every day for weeks!

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiaaeranch@...

Gayla - my arugala is going to seed without doing much in the leaf department. I keep pinching them off, but I swear they grow 6" in a day! I am eating what I pinch, but I want big nice leaves.

Guide me o'wise one in the greens department.............Shari

Guest guest

Poop. Thanks Gayla. I really love arugala. Now when you say radish greens is that different from growing radishes? Or just grow the rads and when we pull them, eat the leaves?

Thanks, S

Guest guest

Start your arugulas again. It grows quickly.

You can pull a leaf here and a leaf there from the radishes and keep them growing without pulling them. But when you do pull them, eat the whooooole thang.

I love the watermelon radish because not only is it a good radish (cute too) but it produces loads of tender greens. White on the outside, red on the inside. Makes a very pretty presentation on the plate.

Gayla Always Enough RanchAcampo, Californiaaeranch@...

Poop. Thanks Gayla. I really love arugala. Now when you say radish greens is that different from growing radishes?

Guest guest

Start your arugulas again. It grows quickly.

You can pull a leaf here and a leaf there from the radishes and keep them growing without pulling them. But when you do pull them, eat the whooooole thang.

I love the watermelon radish because not only is it a good radish (cute too) but it produces loads of tender greens. White on the outside, red on the inside. Makes a very pretty presentation on the plate.

Gayla

That just sounds yummy!

Ev