RemedySpot.com

Tourette's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I will be doing an assessment early next week with a new adult, professional

client who has a fairly significant case of Tourette's, primarily a verbal(?)

tic marked by episodic bursts of loud but non-language expression. I will be

interested to see what the assessment shows, but I am also curious about the

experiences of others in treating this disorder and if there have been

particular protocols found to be especially useful. I found a reference to a

Tansey article from 1986 but I don't have the actual article and wonder whether

there might be more recent data. Thanks, Gerald Showalter

* CONFIDENTIALITY/PRIVACY NOTICE - The documents included in this transmission

may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you

are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for

delivering the information to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified

that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the

contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this

document in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return or

destruction of these documents.

Guest guest

Gerald,

C4/P4 or C4/Pz SMR up and theta down are some classic "tic" protocols. Especially look for fast activity at Fz in the assessment. Tourettes is a kind of OCD mixed with ADHD, so often protocols that cool down the cingulate have a very positive effect.

Pete

Van DeusenBrainTrainer ()16246 SW 92nd Ave, Miami, FL 33157305/321-1595

RE: Tourette's

I will be doing an assessment early next week with a new adult, professional client who has a fairly significant case of Tourette's, primarily a verbal(?) tic marked by episodic bursts of loud but non-language expression. I will be interested to see what the assessment shows, but I am also curious about the experiences of others in treating this disorder and if there have been particular protocols found to be especially useful. I found a reference to a Tansey article from 1986 but I don't have the actual article and wonder whether there might be more recent data. Thanks, Gerald Showalter* CONFIDENTIALITY/PRIVACY NOTICE - The documents included in this transmission may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the information to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return or destruction of these documents.

Guest guest

Thanks, Pete, this is very helpful. Gerald

-----Original Message-----From: Van Deusen [mailto:pvdtlc@...]Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 1:18 PM Subject: Re: RE: Tourette's

Gerald,

C4/P4 or C4/Pz SMR up and theta down are some classic "tic" protocols. Especially look for fast activity at Fz in the assessment. Tourettes is a kind of OCD mixed with ADHD, so often protocols that cool down the cingulate have a very positive effect.

Pete

I will be doing an assessment early next week with a new adult, professional client who has a fairly significant case of Tourette's, primarily a verbal(?) tic marked by episodic bursts of loud but non-language expression. I will be interested to see what the assessment shows, but I am also curious about the experiences of others in treating this disorder and if there have been particular protocols found to be especially useful. I found a reference to a Tansey article from 1986 but I don't have the actual article and wonder whether there might be more recent data. Thanks, Gerald Showalter* CONFIDENTIALITY/PRIVACY NOTICE - The documents included in this transmission may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the information to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return or destruction of these documents. * CONFIDENTIALITY/PRIVACY NOTICE - The documents included in this transmission may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the information to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return or destruction of these documents.

• 4 months later...

Below is a past comment from Pete - I found good results eliminating tics

with protocol described below - using C4 increase decrease theta also worked

well.

" C4/P4 or C4/Pz SMR up and theta down are some classic " tic " protocols.

Especially look for fast activity at Fz in the assessment. Tourettes is a

kind of OCD mixed with ADHD, so often protocols that cool down the

cingulate have a very positive effect. "

Mark Berman, Psy.D.

Hi Mark,

As I am easily confused…and

interested in what works for tics….when you write C4/P4 do you have a one

channel sequential montage or is it a two channel referential montage?

Thanks and hope things are going well in

your part of the world.

Kittredge

Bridgeside Counseling and Biofeedback

13 Ocean Street

South Portland, Maine 04106

Psy.D. [mailto:dr.mark_berman@...]

Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004

8:35 PM

Subject: Re:

Tourette's

Below is a past comment from Pete - I found good results

eliminating tics

with protocol described below - using C4 increase

decrease theta also worked

well.

" C4/P4 or C4/Pz SMR up and theta down are

some classic " tic " protocols.

Especially look for fast activity at Fz in the

assessment. Tourettes is a

kind of OCD mixed with ADHD, so often protocols

that cool down the

cingulate have a very positive effect. "

Mark Berman, Psy.D.

Just to repeat one of the conventions of the list, when a montage is listed, it should be listed as Active/Reference.

If we follow that convention, then if someone writes C4/P4, it means that C4 is active and P4 is reference.

A two-channel montage would have been C4/A2/g/P4/A2 or (Brainmaster users may prefer) C4/A2/g/A2/P4 (the order in which the leads plug into the front of the unit).

Pete

Hi Mark,

As I am easily confused…and interested in what works for tics….when you write C4/P4 do you have a one channel sequential montage or is it a two channel referential montage?

Thanks and hope things are going well in your part of the world.

Kittredge

13 Ocean Street

Just out of curiousity -- what does the 'g' stand for?

Dawn M.

-----Original Message-----From: Van Deusen [mailto:pvdtlc@...]Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 3:25 PM Subject: Re: Tourette's

Just to repeat one of the conventions of the list, when a montage is listed, it should be listed as Active/Reference.

If we follow that convention, then if someone writes C4/P4, it means that C4 is active and P4 is reference.

A two-channel montage would have been C4/A2/g/P4/A2 or (Brainmaster users may prefer) C4/A2/g/A2/P4 (the order in which the leads plug into the front of the unit).

Pete

Hi Mark,

As I am easily confused…and interested in what works for tics….when you write C4/P4 do you have a one channel sequential montage or is it a two channel referential montage?

Kittredge

13 Ocean Street

g is for ground.

Just out of curiousity -- what does the 'g' stand for?

Dawn M.

-----Original Message-----From: Van Deusen [mailto:pvdtlc@...]Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 3:25 PM Subject: Re: Tourette's

A two-channel montage would have been C4/A2/g/P4/A2

Dawn--

On the Brainmaster the five leads in order of left to right on the front panel are: active, reference, ground, reference, active. The "g" stands for ground, the center, black one.

HH

Hi Mark,

Kittredge

13 Ocean Street

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Just wondering if anyone else's child has Tourette's? Myah's tics developed

at the beginning of 2007, almost went away after starting insulin for

diabetes, and now are back worse than ever. I'm wondering if there is anyone

else that can provide more insight to Tourette's that I have not yet

discovered. They put her on Paxil to help with outbursts of aggressive

behavior, and it's not supposed to make Tourette's worse, but it sure

" seems " like it. I was so sad to see a neighbor child make fun of her today.

I quickly corrected this child, but her symptoms are obvious. L

Spilios

Mom to Myah 7 (DS, Diabetic), Shianne 3, and Isabella 10mo.