RemedySpot.com

Re: SOS--Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,It sounds like the blade was shorn off from the blade assembly on the bottom.As far as the sauce in the hole - I thought the hole was sealed from the rest of the base/motor unit.I think at the worst you might have to get a new blade assembly. I would give Vitamix a call when they're open again tomorrow.EileenOn Jan 04, 2012, at 04:36 PM, kukanaval <gericare@...> wrote:

Hi Lea Ann,

I just broke my Vitamix. I was making spaghetti sauce, heard some kind of noise and sauce went flying. I just stripped off my clothes, washed and changed--didn't bother to clean the kitchen yet--because I wanted to try to reach you before you retire off line for the night.

The blades on the 32 oz container just separated from the black round thingie that they're attached to. And there is tomato sauce in the hole of the base unit which I'm worried will ruin the base.

I use the Vitamix daily, and I'm frantic that this will put it out of commission permanently or for a long time.

Can you please tell me what I need to do to get this repaired as quickly as possible? (Please don't tell me I need a new one). That would be a worst case scenario.

Could I try the 64 oz container, and see if that works, or will I make a bad situation worse??

Thank you for any help you can give me, Lea Ann. I need to go clean things up, but I'll be eagerly checking my mail for your response Thank God for this group--literally.

Blessings,

Hello ,Wish that I had been RIGHT by my computer when the email came through!The 1-800 # for Vitamix is on the back of the machine on the label with the serial number. Give Vitamix a call in the morning. They will let you know if the base needs to come in for a check up / cleaning. They will obviously replace the 32 oz. container. IF the base needs to be sent in, they will email you instructions with a call tag for a UPS pick up (Free). The turn around time is I "think" one and a half weeks - Customer service will tell you the details on that.I am so sorry that I can't give you more details. Feel free to call me within the next hour if you'd like to go over any questions this brings to mind. I can certainly feel your pain - I could NOT live without my Vitamix machine for even a day!Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 4, 2012, at 7:36 PM, kukanaval wrote:

Hi Lea Ann,

I just broke my Vitamix. I was making spaghetti sauce, heard some kind of noise and sauce went flying. I just stripped off my clothes, washed and changed--didn't bother to clean the kitchen yet--because I wanted to try to reach you before you retire off line for the night.

The blades on the 32 oz container just separated from the black round thingie that they're attached to. And there is tomato sauce in the hole of the base unit which I'm worried will ruin the base.

I use the Vitamix daily, and I'm frantic that this will put it out of commission permanently or for a long time.

Can you please tell me what I need to do to get this repaired as quickly as possible? (Please don't tell me I need a new one). That would be a worst case scenario.

Could I try the 64 oz container, and see if that works, or will I make a bad situation worse??

Thank you for any help you can give me, Lea Ann. I need to go clean things up, but I'll be eagerly checking my mail for your response. Thank God for this group--literally.

Blessings,

I hope you are right Eileen. I did have a case similar to this (Connie, are you there?) and she did end up needing to have the base worked on. I THOUGHT that the base was sealed too, but Connie's experience has me thinking that with a whole smoothie or something similar that something can get into the motor???I'm just not sure…Again, I HOPE you are right and all she has to wait for is a new container.Oh yeah, , when you have Customer Service on the line - they "might" have you use your 64 oz. container while they listen to the motor. If they think that all is well, all you will have to do is wait for the new 32 oz. container to arrive!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 4, 2012, at 7:40 PM, mythrilmight wrote:Hi,It sounds like the blade was shorn off from the blade assembly on the bottom.As far as the sauce in the hole - I thought the hole was sealed from the rest of the base/motor unit.I think at the worst you might have to get a new blade assembly. I would give Vitamix a call when they're open again tomorrow.EileenOn Jan 04, 2012, at 04:36 PM, kukanaval <gericare@...> wrote:

Hi Lea Ann,

Thank you for any help you can give me, Lea Ann. I need to go clean things up, but I'll be eagerly checking my mail for your response Thank God for this group--literally.

Blessings,

Thank you so much, Lea Ann and Eileen.Now that the shock has worn off and I've had a chance to approach this more rationally, this is what I find.You were absolutely right about the blades, Eileen, except that they do not appear to be "sheared off"--they just appear "separated" from the black thingie. I can actually almost screw them back into place; the plastic collar around them is not chipped and nothing else appears amiss.Regarding the hole in the base, I see what you mean--it does look as if there is no "communication" with the inner workings of the base. I was able to clean it out thoroughly with Q tips. I did not know it, but the black rubber piece that the container sits in is just that--a cover, and one can lift the edges of it to clean under (mercifully I have never needed to learn that before...), although it does get tricky to have to clean under the very top of this black piece. I have had to fold paper towels thinly, feed it carefully underneath there, and repeatedly wipe to get out all the sauce. Maybe that's the area that will necessitate professional cleaning.In any case, you ladies have greatly eased my mind, and I have regained my composure. The Vitamix has been an indispensable tool in helping me to reclaim my health. I will call Vitamix first thing tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.Off to the kitchen now where there remains much to do. Because of your help, I can actually look around and (almost, not quite) laugh. There is spaghetti sauce EVERYWHERE! I guess that goes to show the strength of the blades?!? Thank you both for responding when I needed help. To me, that's a large part of what makes a life worth living.Blessings, On Jan 4, 2012, at 5:13 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

I hope you are right Eileen. I did have a case similar to this (Connie, are you there?) and she did end up needing to have the base worked on. I THOUGHT that the base was sealed too, but Connie's experience has me thinking that with a whole smoothie or something similar that something can get into the motor???I'm just not sure…Again, I HOPE you are right and all she has to wait for is a new container.Oh yeah, , when you have Customer Service on the line - they "might" have you use your 64 oz. container while they listen to the motor. If they think that all is well, all you will have to do is wait for the new 32 oz. container to arrive!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 4, 2012, at 7:40 PM, mythrilmight wrote:Hi,It sounds like the blade was shorn off from the blade assembly on the bottom.As far as the sauce in the hole - I thought the hole was sealed from the rest of the base/motor unit.I think at the worst you might have to get a new blade assembly. I would give Vitamix a call when they're open again tomorrow.EileenOn Jan 04, 2012, at 04:36 PM, kukanaval <gericare@...> wrote:

Hi Lea Ann,

Blessings,

Hey , wish I'd of thought to tell you - you can pull that whole black thing off - it goes back on easily. Give it a good wash and dry and clean the base under it, then snap it back on! :-)I'll feel better to hear that Customer Service told you your base is fine, and your new 32 oz. container is on its way…:-)

On Jan 4, 2012, at 8:57 PM, Valentino wrote:

Thank you so much, Lea Ann and Eileen.Now that the shock has worn off and I've had a chance to approach this more rationally, this is what I find.You were absolutely right about the blades, Eileen, except that they do not appear to be "sheared off"--they just appear "separated" from the black thingie. I can actually almost screw them back into place; the plastic collar around them is not chipped and nothing else appears amiss.Regarding the hole in the base, I see what you mean--it does look as if there is no "communication" with the inner workings of the base. I was able to clean it out thoroughly with Q tips. I did not know it, but the black rubber piece that the container sits in is just that--a cover, and one can lift the edges of it to clean under (mercifully I have never needed to learn that before...), although it does get tricky to have to clean under the very top of this black piece. I have had to fold paper towels thinly, feed it carefully underneath there, and repeatedly wipe to get out all the sauce. Maybe that's the area that will necessitate professional cleaning.In any case, you ladies have greatly eased my mind, and I have regained my composure. The Vitamix has been an indispensable tool in helping me to reclaim my health. I will call Vitamix first thing tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.Off to the kitchen now where there remains much to do. Because of your help, I can actually look around and (almost, not quite) laugh. There is spaghetti sauce EVERYWHERE! I guess that goes to show the strength of the blades?!? Thank you both for responding when I needed help. To me, that's a large part of what makes a life worth living.Blessings, On Jan 4, 2012, at 5:13 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Hi Lea Ann,

Blessings,

Unsubscribe me from this list

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

kukanaval <gericare@...> wrote:

>Hi Lea Ann,

>

>I just broke my Vitamix. I was making spaghetti sauce, heard some kind of noise

and sauce went flying. I just stripped off my clothes, washed and

changed--didn't bother to clean the kitchen yet--because I wanted to try to

reach you before you retire off line for the night.

>

>The blades on the 32 oz container just separated from the black round thingie

that they're attached to. And there is tomato sauce in the hole of the base unit

which I'm worried will ruin the base.

>

>I use the Vitamix daily, and I'm frantic that this will put it out of

commission permanently or for a long time.

>

>Can you please tell me what I need to do to get this repaired as quickly as

possible? (Please don't tell me I need a new one). That would be a worst case

scenario.

>

>Could I try the 64 oz container, and see if that works, or will I make a bad

situation worse??

>

>Thank you for any help you can give me, Lea Ann. I need to go clean things up,

but I'll be eagerly checking my mail for your response. Thank God for this

group--literally.

>

>Blessings,

>

>

>

>

Hello Jack,I changed your membership to web only. This means that you can still read the messages at www..com AND you can still access the links, files, photos, and archived past messages.I would bookmark this page:/linksas I am constantly updating it with great recipes and answers to the most common questions.Of course, you can still leave the group - there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email! :-)

On Jan 8, 2012, at 4:40 PM, Jack wrote:

Unsubscribe me from this list

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

kukanaval <gericare@...> wrote:

>Hi Lea Ann,

>

>I just broke my Vitamix. I was making spaghetti sauce, heard some kind of noise and sauce went flying. I just stripped off my clothes, washed and changed--didn't bother to clean the kitchen yet--because I wanted to try to reach you before you retire off line for the night.

>

>The blades on the 32 oz container just separated from the black round thingie that they're attached to. And there is tomato sauce in the hole of the base unit which I'm worried will ruin the base.

>

>I use the Vitamix daily, and I'm frantic that this will put it out of commission permanently or for a long time.

>

>Can you please tell me what I need to do to get this repaired as quickly as possible? (Please don't tell me I need a new one). That would be a worst case scenario.

>

>Could I try the 64 oz container, and see if that works, or will I make a bad situation worse??

>

>Thank you for any help you can give me, Lea Ann. I need to go clean things up, but I'll be eagerly checking my mail for your response. Thank God for this group--literally.

>

>Blessings,

>

>

>

>