RemedySpot.com

Re: Costco and Vitamix

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vitamix machines do not move well unless there is a demonstration going on. That is why I have a job! :-)Without a demonstrator, most people walking by would think it is just a $400 blender by looking at the picture on the box. Although Vitamix is starting to advertise, and because of the Internet, knowledge of it, and how it is markedly different from "just" a blender is growing, there is still not enough market awareness/demand to justify the VERY expensive shelf space that retailers allocate for products. There has to be a certain number of sales (income for the store) to justify the shelf space.That being said, there is a Pilot Program where we DO have the 5200C model (comes with a 48 oz. container and NO cookbook) on the shelves for limited times in some Costco stores. We call this a "Pallet Drop Program". The Pallet is on the floor of a Coscto for a limited time period and whatever does not sell during that limited time frame is shipped back to the Home Office.Your experience (no machines after the demonstrator leaves) is why we try to explain to people the urgency of purchasing while we are there - otherwise, you have to pay retail or purchase refurbished and you miss out on the wholesale price. The problem is, that when I am demonstrating and I try to say this, it comes across like I'm trying to make the sale, rather than trying to help the customer save money…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 7, 2012, at 9:28 AM, Wes Thierry wrote:

So here is a weird question, I see the vitamix stand at costco in san francisco sometimes (thats where I got mine), but why are they not available on the floor of costco when there is no vitamix demo going on? I went with a friend who wanted one, and there was no demo that day, and no vitamix was in the store :(, is this some kind of contract with Vitamix and Costco that they are available on only certain dates because of the special price?

that makes sense, thanks for the explanation.  It is true if I hadent seen the demo I probably would have walked by.  I was aware of the vitamix before I bought it, but really never gave it much thought.  Also, Costco is an ideal place for demonstrating since people going in always leave with more stuff than they intended to purchase in the first place!

Aha! So that explains it! :-)

Our local Costco (Cypress, California) has Vitamix demonstrations on a fairly

regular basis. However, I was shocked this past holiday season when I saw a

prominent end cap display of Vitamix machines with the 48 oz. container, and no

demonstration in sight. I just stood there for a moment, trying to figure out

what the heck was going on.

Thanks for solving that mystery for me, Lea Ann.

Jane

>

> So here is a weird question, I see the vitamix stand at costco in san

francisco sometimes (thats where I got mine), but why are they not available on

the floor of costco when there is no vitamix demo going on? I went with a

friend who wanted one, and there was no demo that day, and no vitamix was in the

store :(, is this some kind of contract with Vitamix and Costco that they are

available on only certain dates because of the special price?

>