RemedySpot.com

Re: Soups and savory recipes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Pat!Great question!Have you tried any of the soups from the recipe book? Many are good.I have a Tortilla Soup and Salsa Recipes on the Recipe page of my website:http://vitamixlady.comI've heard from many people that my Tortilla Soup tastes MUCH better than the Tortilla Soup from the Recipe book.Here is the Links page from our Group - an EXCELLENT page to bookmark along with my website:/linksWhen you get to that page, click on the folder titled, "RECIPE Links"When you get there, look for…"Saloups 'Blended Salads' " These are like all-veggie smoothies."Lea Ann's Green Soups""57 Soup Recipes""Whole Food V-8 Juice"and other individual soups listed on that page…Hope this is helpful...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 2, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Mayhew wrote:

Hi All,

I do not care for sweet foods much. I prefer savory flavors. Can you

help me with recipes I can make in my Vitamix for soups or

savory type smoothies or juices? I love salsa and V-8 type foods.

Thanks,

Pat

Pat there is many soup recipes in the Vitamix cookbook and vitamix.com. If you can't find what you are looking for improvise a little. Once you understand how the recipes work with your Vitamix and the amount of ingredients you need you can pretty much use any recipe to make soups in your Vitamix. I thought Lea Ann recipe for Tortilla Soup was pretty good but as with most recipes I alter them a little for my taste and ingredients I have on hand. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of MayhewSent: Monday, January 02, 2012 10:59 AM Subject: Soups and savory recipes Hi All,I do not care for sweet foods much. I prefer savory flavors. Can youhelp me with recipes I can make in my Vitamix for soups orsavory type smoothies or juices? I love salsa and V-8 type foods.Thanks,Pat

Thanks,I will check out the Vitamix.com website recipes.Pat M.On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Tom Matuschak <pmatus@...> wrote:

Pat there is many soup recipes in the Vitamix cookbook and vitamix.com.  If you can't find what you are looking for improvise a little.  Once you understand how the recipes work with your Vitamix and the amount of ingredients you need you can pretty much use any recipe to make soups in your Vitamix.   I thought Lea Ann recipe for Tortilla Soup was pretty good but as with most recipes I alter them a little for my taste and ingredients I have on hand.

Tom  

Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 10:59 AM Subject: Soups and savory recipes

Hi All,I do not care for sweet foods much. I prefer savory flavors. Can you

help me with recipes I can make in my Vitamix for soups orsavory type smoothies or juices? I love salsa and V-8 type foods.Thanks,Pat

I'm getting ready to use the VitaMix. I made a lovely hearty lentil soup and I'm going to purée several cups of it to then put back into the lentil veg soup. That will make it creamy without adding dairy.Sent from my iPadOn Jan 2, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Mayhew <pmayhew53@...> wrote:

Thanks,I will check out the Vitamix.com website recipes.Pat M.On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Tom Matuschak <pmatus@...> wrote:

Pat there is many soup recipes in the Vitamix cookbook and vitamix.com. If you can't find what you are looking for improvise a little. Once you understand how the recipes work with your Vitamix and the amount of ingredients you need you can pretty much use any recipe to make soups in your Vitamix. I thought Lea Ann recipe for Tortilla Soup was pretty good but as with most recipes I alter them a little for my taste and ingredients I have on hand.

Tom

Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 10:59 AM Subject: Soups and savory recipes

Hi All,I do not care for sweet foods much. I prefer savory flavors. Can you

help me with recipes I can make in my Vitamix for soups orsavory type smoothies or juices? I love salsa and V-8 type foods.Thanks,Pat

We have been experimenting with our new Vitamix (love it!!) and have tried quite

a few recipes. Just wanted to share that the carrot orange ginger soup is

awesome- just a touch of sweet to complement the Ginger and veggies. we like the

tortilla soup too, though we also preferred the version the demonstrator at

Costco made.

Also, the peanut ginger teriaki marinade was inspired. We marinated tofu and

chicken for our new years eve cookout, and it was just fantastic.

This board is very helpful; thanks to all the contributors :-).

Amy

>

> Hi All,

> I do not care for sweet foods much. I prefer savory flavors. Can you

> help me with recipes I can make in my Vitamix for soups or

> savory type smoothies or juices? I love salsa and V-8 type foods.

> Thanks,

> Pat

>