RemedySpot.com

Re: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do wrong?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I removed the pit and the avacado was green and healthy. I should have

tasted it first, but I did not. I did notice that it was a little firm not

mushy. Could that have been the problem?

>

> Hi:

> Was wondering what I did wrong? It was so bitter i had to trash it.

> I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao

powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/3 cup of dates that were soaking in coconut water

for a few days (I know it wasn't the date/coconut water because I tasted it and

that was sweet) Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks

>

I am guessing that yes, the avocado was perhaps a tad unripe and somewhat bitter. Next time, go with ripe avocados that don't taste bitter and see if that works!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 10, 2012, at 9:29 PM, sparky_89_99@... wrote:

Hi, I removed the pit and the avacado was green and healthy. I should have tasted it first, but I did not. I did notice that it was a little firm not mushy. Could that have been the problem?

>

> Hi:

> I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/3 cup of dates that were soaking in coconut water for a few days (I know it wasn't the date/coconut water because I tasted it and that was sweet) Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks

>

okay, thanks. Other than a ripe avacado ,would you suggest I change any of the

ingredient that I used?

> >

> > Hi:

> > Was wondering what I did wrong? It was so bitter i had to trash it.

> > I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao

> >

>

No, it all looks good to me. I'd be tempted to go with two avocados, most of the recipes I've seen use two. Did you get this recipe somewhere?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 10, 2012, at 10:15 PM, sparky_89_99@... wrote:

okay, thanks. Other than a ripe avacado ,would you suggest I change any of the ingredient that I used?

> >

> > Hi:

> > I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/3 cup of dates that were soaking in coconut water for a few days (I know it wasn't the date/coconut water because I tasted it and that was sweet) Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks

> >

>

I watched it on you tube. The person used agave nectar not the dates with

coconut water. Also, on you tube, he lets a small child taste it,so from the

child's reaction, I am sure it was not bitter like mine, lol.

> > >

> > > Hi:

> > > Was wondering what I did wrong? It was so bitter i had to trash it.

> > > I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao

> > >

> >

>

Hmmmm, wondering why...dates soaking in avocado water for a few days...could there have been some reaction to those two? Were they refrigerated? I wouldn't think it would be necessary to soak the dates...just my 2 cents.Ginny From: "sparky_89_99@..." <sparky_89_99@...> Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:13 PM

Subject: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do wrong?

Hi:

Was wondering what I did wrong? It was so bitter i had to trash it.

I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/3 cup of dates that were soaking in coconut water for a few days (I know it wasn't the date/coconut water because I tasted it and that was sweet) Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks

the dates were soaking in coconut water in the refrig. ( I tasted that and it

was good, tasted sweet) I read that coconut water is healthy and also saw

someone on you tube use dates soaked in coconut water for sweetness & extra

nutrients in smoothies.

>

> Hmmmm, wondering why...dates soaking in avocado water for a few days...could

there have been some reaction to those two?  Were they refrigerated?  I

wouldn't think it would be necessary to soak the dates...just my 2 cents.

>

> Ginny

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: " sparky_89_99@... " <sparky_89_99@...>

>

> Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:13 PM

> Subject: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do wrong?

>

>

>  

> Hi:

> I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao

>

Fresh coconut water is the best liquid you can ever digest. It's the perfect source of electrolytes and it great for hydrating because it's so balanced for our body system. The only drawback is that should be used within 1-2 days from the time the coconut is opened. It ferments quickly with time. You said it was in the refrigerator for a few days and it sounds like that might have been the problem. Give them another chance, I'm sure you will love any recipe you make with them! ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: "sparky_89_99@..." <sparky_89_99@...> Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 10:58:35 PMSubject: Re: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do wrong?

the dates were soaking in coconut water in the refrig. ( I tasted that and it was good, tasted sweet) I read that coconut water is healthy and also saw someone on you tube use dates soaked in coconut water for sweetness & extra nutrients in smoothies.

>

> Hmmmm, wondering why...dates soaking in avocado water for a few days...could there have been some reaction to those two? Were they refrigerated? I wouldn't think it would be necessary to soak the dates...just my 2 cents.

>

> Ginny

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: "sparky_89_99@..." <sparky_89_99@...>

>

> Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:13 PM

> Subject: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do wrong?

>

>

> Â

> Hi:

> I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/3 cup of dates that were soaking in coconut water for a few days (I know it wasn't the date/coconut water because I tasted it and that was sweet) Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks

>

I agree with Lea Ann, it's very important that the avocado is ripe or that would make your recipe very bitter. One more note...the only reason we soak the dates it so the recipe will turn out creamier, if your dates are real fresh and soft there's no reason to soak them and if they are dry and hard, they only need soaking for about 15-30 minutes. ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 9:36:54 PMSubject: Re: Re: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do wrong?

I am guessing that yes, the avocado was perhaps a tad unripe and somewhat bitter. Next time, go with ripe avocados that don't taste bitter and see if that works!

On Jan 10, 2012, at 9:29 PM, sparky_89_99@... wrote:

Hi, I removed the pit and the avacado was green and healthy. I should have tasted it first, but I did not. I did notice that it was a little firm not mushy. Could that have been the problem?

>

> Hi:

>

After buying a single avocado to try (never tried before) two weeks ago, it's

been lounging in my fridge just waiting for something to try it with, I thought

this was a great idea. However I experienced the same problem, quite bitter.

Having never eaten them before, how do I know if it's ripe? Also this might be a

silly question but when I tried making it in the VM, it sort of congealed under

the blades and didn't really do much. I tried adding more liquid and trying in

both on variable and high but it didn't quite work. Any advice is greatly

appreciated.

Debbie

> >

> > Hi:

> >

>

Hi: I just wanted to clarify that I used coconut water from a juice box, " vita

coco 100% pure coconut water. (that is what I soaked the dates in for a few days

in the refrig in a sealed container.) Honestly, I know I am not the best cook

but I continue to try :) Also I purchased a large bag of dried dates from BJ's

, so I keep them in the refrig and they mix up great in the vitamix cold, but I

was trying to make make them softer and creamier with the coconut water. ( Not

an original idea, I saw that on you tube also) I Thank you,Lee Ann and everyone

else for all your help and suggestions. I will try to make this again another

time.

> >

> > Hmmmm, wondering why...dates soaking in avocado water for a few days...could

> >there have been some reaction to those two? Were they refrigerated? I

> >wouldn't think it would be necessary to soak the dates...just my 2 cents.

> >

> > Ginny

> >

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: " sparky_89_99@ " <sparky_89_99@>

> >

> > Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:13 PM

> > Subject: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do

wrong?

> >

> >

> > Â

> > Hi:

powder,

> >1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/3 cup of dates that were soaking in coconut water for a

few

> >days (I know it wasn't the date/coconut water because I tasted it and that

was

> >sweet) Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks

> >

>

Did you just get your vitamix? I ask because at first I was afraid to leave it

on for more that a few seconds. Actually I still have not made soup in mine,

even with the warranty, although silly I am afraid to ruin the motor. However, I

did use the tamper and my pudding got nice and creamy after @ 2 mins. along with

the ingredents I also used about 2 tablespoons of water to help it alittle.

> > >

> > > Hi:

> > > Was wondering what I did wrong? It was so bitter i had to trash it.

> > > I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao

> > >

> >

>

Looks yummy, , but oh the fat calories, and sugar of the dates...well, it IS healthy fat. ;-) O.K., if I could just eat a moderate serving....thanks for posting, I'll save it for a time when I'm sure someone else will help me eat it! BTW, do you know how much it actually makes?Ginny From: Diggs <dragonflyer333@...> Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:25 PM Subject: Re: Re: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do wrong?

I've used this recipe to make avocado pudding http://livingtheglutenfreeveganlife.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/avocado-choclate-pudding/ and it tasted great. I used the lemon juice because the original recipe that I adapted it from called for it, but you could leave it out and it would be even sweeter, I think.

D.

Thanks Ginny, it's really good. I only make it as a very special treat. Since my diet only consists ( mostly) of fruits, veggies and whole grains ( and no wheat/gluten) I don't worry so much about calories or fat and things seem to work out ok :)  The recipe makes a little less than two cups, is my guess ( according the container I put it in)

DOn Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Ginny Doehler <ginbit@...> wrote:

Looks yummy, , but oh the fat calories, and sugar of the dates...well, it IS healthy fat.  ;-)  O.K., if I could just eat a moderate serving....thanks for posting, I'll save it for a time when I'm sure someone else will help me eat it!  BTW, do you know how much it actually makes?

Ginny

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:25 PM Subject: Re: Re: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do wrong?

I've used this recipe to make avocado pudding http://livingtheglutenfreeveganlife.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/avocado-choclate-pudding/ and it tasted great. I used the lemon juice because the original recipe that I adapted it from called for it, but you could leave it out and it would be even sweeter, I think.

D.

You should be able the push in at the fat end of the avocado and feel a slight give. If there is no "give" then it is not ripe enough. The more give there is the riper the avocado. Gab "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. Andevery new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I livelong enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generousand loving as they are." Unknown From: drunkendebbieninjamaster <drunkendebbieninjamaster@...> Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:53 PM Subject: Re: Avacodo Chocolate pudding- what did I do wrong?

After buying a single avocado to try (never tried before) two weeks ago, it's been lounging in my fridge just waiting for something to try it with, I thought this was a great idea. However I experienced the same problem, quite bitter. Having never eaten them before, how do I know if it's ripe? Also this might be a silly question but when I tried making it in the VM, it sort of congealed under the blades and didn't really do much. I tried adding more liquid and trying in both on variable and high but it didn't quite work. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Debbie

> >

> > Hi:

> > I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/3 cup of dates that were soaking in coconut water for a few days (I know it wasn't the date/coconut water because I tasted it and that was sweet) Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks

> >

>

No I've had it about six months and I'm quite confident using it, I just don't

think there was enough in the container so it ended up under the blades. I added

liquid too. Never mind, maybe next time when I figure out a ripe avocado ;)

> > > >

> > > > Hi:

> > > > Was wondering what I did wrong? It was so bitter i had to trash it.

> > > > I used 1 avacado, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup organic raw cacao

> > > >

> > >

> >

>