RemedySpot.com

Re: Wheatgrass Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello ,On the links page of our website, there is a link titled, "An EBay source for Nylon Nut Milk Bags"To juice it in the Vitamix an easy way would be to add about half of a cucumber (in place of water). Then the wheat grass. I add greens when I make Green Juice a little bit at a time because they are astringent and hard to push down - they bunch up and make a big ball, rather than easily getting sucked down by the blades. If you do small batches at a time, this isn't such a problem.To make wheat grass juice I would use scissors and cut it into smaller size chunks before putting it into the blender. I would put some in there, use the tamper, use variable speed 5 or so and mash it down then add some more. I'd try to get at least a cup of mashed up pulp before straining (the cucumber will add a lot of juice).Yes, you can add wheat grass to a green smoothie and this is a much easier way to do it than juicing.Here is a video of making wheat grass juice with the Vitamix, but he uses water. I don't find using water to be a bad thing - only dilutes the juice a bit. Nothing wrong with that.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcuK4TWkbiI I think he is wrong when he says that we need to remove the fiber because we can't digest the fiber from wheat grass - we can't digest the fiber from ANY plants. Plant fiber = cellulose and we don't produce the enzyme cellulase which digests cellulose. Wheat grass fiber isn't significantly different from any other plant fiber. The benefit of juicing the greens before adding to the blended fruit is so that you can get more volume. WITH the fiber added to the smoothie, you could probably get about 2-3 hands full of wheat grass in one half cup of juice. WITHOUT the fiber you could probably get about 8-10 hands full of wheat grass in one half cup of juice.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 11, 2012, at 3:45 PM, wrote:

Hi all,

I bought some wheatgrass in the healthfood store yesterday and am not quite sure what to do with it. I did a search on our site and saw the video from Rene about juicing with the Vitamix so is that how I would prepare shots of wheatgrass? Do I add water and do you just break a clump off (without the white pad on the bottom?)? Are the nut bags available locally or only online?

Also is it just as beneficial healthwise to just add some to a green smoothie? Thanks in advance as I just want to get the best bang for my buck!

Regards,

A thought just came to mind............. With all the lawn mowing in the summer, I wonder if that grass is eatable? If so it could make plenty of green juice.

Lucille

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:12 PM

Subject: Re: Wheatgrass Help

Hello ,

On the links page of our website, there is a link titled, "An EBay source for Nylon Nut Milk Bags"

To juice it in the Vitamix an easy way would be to add about half of a cucumber (in place of water). Then the wheat grass. I add greens when I make Green Juice a little bit at a time because they are astringent and hard to push down - they bunch up and make a big ball, rather than easily getting sucked down by the blades. If you do small batches at a time, this isn't such a problem.

To make wheat grass juice I would use scissors and cut it into smaller size chunks before putting it into the blender. I would put some in there, use the tamper, use variable speed 5 or so and mash it down then add some more. I'd try to get at least a cup of mashed up pulp before straining (the cucumber will add a lot of juice).

Yes, you can add wheat grass to a green smoothie and this is a much easier way to do it than juicing.

Here is a video of making wheat grass juice with the Vitamix, but he uses water. I don't find using water to be a bad thing - only dilutes the juice a bit. Nothing wrong with that.

I think he is wrong when he says that we need to remove the fiber because we can't digest the fiber from wheat grass - we can't digest the fiber from ANY plants. Plant fiber = cellulose and we don't produce the enzyme cellulase which digests cellulose. Wheat grass fiber isn't significantly different from any other plant fiber. The benefit of juicing the greens before adding to the blended fruit is so that you can get more volume. WITH the fiber added to the smoothie, you could probably get about 2-3 hands full of wheat grass in one half cup of juice. WITHOUT the fiber you could probably get about 8-10 hands full of wheat grass in one half cup of juice.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 11, 2012, at 3:45 PM, wrote:

Hi all,

I bought some wheatgrass in the healthfood store yesterday and am not quite sure what to do with it. I did a search on our site and saw the video from Rene about juicing with the Vitamix so is that how I would prepare shots of wheatgrass? Do I add water and do you just break a clump off (without the white pad on the bottom?)? Are the nut bags available locally or only online?

Also is it just as beneficial healthwise to just add some to a green smoothie? Thanks in advance as I just want to get the best bang for my buck!

Regards,