RemedySpot.com

Fat Sick Nearly dead day 2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On day two of Fat Sick and Nearly dead detox called REBOOT. Amazingly from the web site it's not all juice, but the beginning and ending of the juice REBOOT is SMOOTHIES. Funny how that's missing from the documentary. Also, eating salads and steamed veges.

Still waiting on my juicer to arrive so I went ahead and started on smoothies. Got some great heirloom veges at the local farmer's market, tiny turnips, lots of kale, fresh ripe tomatoes, etc...stocked up with two huge shopping bags full of them, mostly organic.

My backyard is an orchard of citrus just about ripe so I'm using that for fruits. I did buy some apples, the website says only green apples so these are quite tart. I don't mind bitter, and my smoothies are bitter. Then again when I ate a baked potato I like vinegar on it so i'm fine with something not sweet.

Other than headaches I feel fine. At night I get cravings and get hungry but eat some veges and I'm fine. I work night shift in a busy level one trauma ER as an RN so often get no time to eat, let alone go to the bathroom so we'll see how that goes. I thought this diet would have me in the bathroom all day long (started it on my days off) but found just the opposite.

When I get the juicer I'll add the juice to the smoothies, I don't see the need for the blood rush of nutrients the juicer people feel is necessary. The gut slowly absorbs nutrients all the way through, and the smoothies from my VITAMIX provides that. Also the valuable fiber that I get in my smoothie keeps me full and helps rid the body of heavy metals and other waste, that juice alone just can't do.

Originally my goal was weight loss, but now more detox and adjusting my taste for less crappy foods that I do eat at work. I'm thinking maybe get to the point of smoothies all day and a decent meal at night as a maintenance. I did weigh in before, we'll see. i'm doing this detox, they call REBOOT for 10 days and evaluate if I want to go longer. They recommend a max of 60 days, minimum of 10 days.