RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Weight loss and Vitamix

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well I am on day 3, have had green smoothies every morning.  Yesterday made a tasty vegy v8 type juice (spiced up with some tabasco and such) and today lunch is going to be steamed broccoli and cauliflower with some vegan cheese sauce. (but going out tonight for dinner, so may slip a bit, but I think its ok if its not all the time)

have been vacation for the past 3 weeks, so need to get a routine I can stick with when back at work... might have to buy another vitamix for the office, LOLOn Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM, <berrywell@...> wrote:

Wes, if you are trying to lose weight, you might keep in mind that you are likely to see weight drop off completely without effort once you start giving your body whole foods and eliminating processed stuff. Excess weight is most often just the body hanging on to things it has no idea how to eliminate, such as synthetic, processed things not meant to be consumed-the body quite literally stores unknown substances since it has no clue where or what to do with them. You will likely find that as you give your body more wholesome things, it will shed the weight without a whole lot of effort, and quite quickly at that.

>

> thanks for that, kind of what I was thinking, and I am not alone

> obviously... I am in no way looking for a quick fix to the excess weight I

> have to lose, and I dont think I need a supplement for anything.

>

> Not to be gross, but back in college my room-mate was a body builder,

> popped all kinds of pills powders ect... sometimes he would joke that some

> of the pills came out whole in the toilet (like I said I dont want to be

> gross), but if this is happening I would imagine its not material the body

> needed at the time... I would think that many of the drugs, supplements ect

> that Americans use end up in our sewer system and probably dont do much for

> the people taking them, just a trip through our bodies internal plumbing

> which probably isnt good for our filtering organs such as the liver....

>

> I would think real food is all the body actually needs, heck our ancestors

> made it through life without all these chemicals, didn't they?

>

Enjoy your dinner out-certainly no harm in "slipping" as long as your body is getting its fair share of good stuff. I use a Tribest mason jar blender as a great companion to the Vitamix when I am going to be away from it-you can make your stuff in the Vitamix, store it in mason jars, and "re buzz" it quickly in the Tribest, which is tiny and you could easily keep at work!! You can see it in the webstore at http://www.mymealmasters.com I keep one in my motorhome which I use for day trips-perfect affordable companion to the Vitamx! Good luck on your weight loss journey.Sent from my iPadOn Jan 6, 2012, at 2:10 PM, Wes Thierry <westhierry@...> wrote:

well I am on day 3, have had green smoothies every morning. Yesterday made a tasty vegy v8 type juice (spiced up with some tabasco and such) and today lunch is going to be steamed broccoli and cauliflower with some vegan cheese sauce. (but going out tonight for dinner, so may slip a bit, but I think its ok if its not all the time)

have been vacation for the past 3 weeks, so need to get a routine I can stick with when back at work... might have to buy another vitamix for the office, LOLOn Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM, <berrywell@...> wrote:

Wes, if you are trying to lose weight, you might keep in mind that you are likely to see weight drop off completely without effort once you start giving your body whole foods and eliminating processed stuff. Excess weight is most often just the body hanging on to things it has no idea how to eliminate, such as synthetic, processed things not meant to be consumed-the body quite literally stores unknown substances since it has no clue where or what to do with them. You will likely find that as you give your body more wholesome things, it will shed the weight without a whole lot of effort, and quite quickly at that.

>

> thanks for that, kind of what I was thinking, and I am not alone

> obviously... I am in no way looking for a quick fix to the excess weight I

> have to lose, and I dont think I need a supplement for anything.

>

> Not to be gross, but back in college my room-mate was a body builder,

> popped all kinds of pills powders ect... sometimes he would joke that some

> of the pills came out whole in the toilet (like I said I dont want to be

> gross), but if this is happening I would imagine its not material the body

> needed at the time... I would think that many of the drugs, supplements ect

> that Americans use end up in our sewer system and probably dont do much for

> the people taking them, just a trip through our bodies internal plumbing

> which probably isnt good for our filtering organs such as the liver....

>

> I would think real food is all the body actually needs, heck our ancestors

> made it through life without all these chemicals, didn't they?

>

I'm a newbie Vitamix owner and a newbie to this list. Great post, Lynn, you said what's been in my head. And my compliments to all the posters here, great information for those of us who are just learning the ropes. A great success today....I made broccoli/cheese soup for my 18 year old daughter who never met a vegetable she liked ;). Well, she loved the soup! Yay, small steps.Eileen BOn Jan 6, 2012, at 9:36 PM, "Lynn Gandy" <lynn.gandy@...> wrote:

Thank you for the compliment. I should have pointed out what you said about using caution at a farmers' market, but my post was already re-e-e-ally long. If I go to a new farmers' market or I see a new vendor at a market, I always ask the hard questions about how they produce their food. A conscientious farmer will always be forthcoming and gracious about answering your questions. However, a vendor who is just there as a fly-by-night, will probably evade your questions, or worse, lie about the production or source of the food. I think that one has to use one's gut instinct (or sixth sense or whatever it is called) when evaluating how a vendor or farmer responds to one's questions.

VERY important point!

Lynn G

>

>

> Excellent post, Lynn! Well said. I would like to point out though, that many vendors at farmers markets carry commercially grown produce, or produce that has been sprayed-it isn't all organic at farmers markets. Often, you can see the boxes stacked in a vendor's stall that is the same GMO stuff that you find in the grocery store. On the upside, there are often vendors who do grow organic produce to be found at farmers markets, and it is nice that you can get to know certain ones, talk to them about their growing practices, and become regular customers. They can often learn from you as well. I met a man at a farmers market that was growing what he THOUGHT was organic, only to be told by me that his seeds were GMO seeds-he had no idea! It is nice to be able to learn and share with others, so eventually everyone can learn what the true source of their food is!

>

>