RemedySpot.com

Straining nut or seed milk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My first post. My Vitamix arrives TOMORROW. I am soooo excited and have been reading everything I can to get ready to start using it.

Not sure why you can't just use a fine mesh strainer and spatula if needed to finish. The wringing of the bag just looks too labor intensive and messy to me.

I read a review that the stand that comes with the Norpor jelly strainer bags were very flimsy, broke easily, and did not hold the bag securely. The bags fit easily over the mouth of a gallon jar. I just ordered the bags alone and plan to use on my glass gallon sun tea jar. Could also attach with a rubber band over an large mouth jar, just finish with a light squeeze to get the last of the liquid out.

Thanks for all your recipes, comments and advice, especially Lea Ann. You've all helped me learn a great deal.

Tip: For great vegan dessert recipes check out the "Chococate Covered " blog. For instance, she has a great cookie dough recipes made from garbanzo beans.

WELCOME!Let us know what you make first and how it turns out! :-)I tried the strainer method - the strainer gets plugged up and you end up spending the same amount of time pushing the pulp around with the spatula to get the juice to drip out as it takes to squeeze the nut milk bag!I have a big glass bowl that is relatively tall (got it at Chinamart - oops I mean Walmart ;-) and my nut milk bag fits over it nicely.I've seen Chocolate Covered 's Blog - decadent and yummy!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 8, 2012, at 2:25 PM, Elaine Terrill wrote:

My first post. My Vitamix arrives TOMORROW. I am soooo excited and have been reading everything I can to get ready to start using it.

Not sure why you can't just use a fine mesh strainer and spatula if needed to finish. The wringing of the bag just looks too labor intensive and messy to me.

I read a review that the stand that comes with the Norpor jelly strainer bags were very flimsy, broke easily, and did not hold the bag securely. The bags fit easily over the mouth of a gallon jar. I just ordered the bags alone and plan to use on my glass gallon sun tea jar. Could also attach with a rubber band over an large mouth jar, just finish with a light squeeze to get the last of the liquid out.

Thanks for all your recipes, comments and advice, especially Lea Ann. You've all helped me learn a great deal.

Tip: For great vegan dessert recipes check out the "Chococate Covered " blog. For instance, she has a great cookie dough recipes made from garbanzo beans.